NCAA 13 - Let's hash this out

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, May 19, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

First things first. As most of you know I am a late night, west coast guy. I am on my xbox just about every day and also on TSO pretty much every day. I know I can drive a solid dynasty but I want to make sure it's going to work for everyone. I know that with my late hours (after 10:30 pm pacific time) make it impossible to play games against some guys.

So a couple things rattling around in my head.....
    1. Just run this thing next release cycle just like this one and we'll just deal with whatever scheduling issues with regards to me, essentially limiting who will be able to or "have to" play me each season
    2. Re-imagine the league as a west coast OD where anyone who joins would have to be able to play user games in an acceptable timeslot for west coast guys - this option would obviously make it difficult/impossible for a couple guys to stay in the OD
    Here is a member by member look based on what i've seen so far

Baron and papaloke have both gone premiere (congrats) and will both find spots in premiere dynasties. My impression is that you both intend to keep 4th horseman as your "second" league. Baron can occasionally play late but papaloke can't really play later than 10 or 11 EST generally
    Hokie Effect is in T3 and staying there, said at one point he would return here if we are a CC dynasty again. Hokie can't play late night games, at least as I view late night (being 3 hours behind).
    Dmiller28 is brand new, he stays up late. He is looking for a premiere league, but as a new guy he may not get picked up right away, we'll have to see. Also, Dmiller may not feel like this OD is the best fit for him and could choose to get in somewhere else for '13
    Abominatrix said at one point that his availability could change but to count him in for the long haul for now. He can play the occasional late night game and is up reasonably late for an EST guy. He's also in one or two more leagues here at TSO and I'm not sure where 4th will ultimately fall for him in terms of priority
    Selvy9 can regularly stay up late and has been an active member here in 4th even when he's been in other leagues in addition to this one
    RyanC is a bit of a wildcard to me, we haven't really talked and he joined late in the cycle, I know he is in multiple ODs and I am not entirely sure what his plans are for '13
    -Cougars- already said he has 2 other ODs that come first and he will not be here for 13

So where does that leave us?

Everyone (except cougars) check in and let me know what's up. Basically, if you want to be in the OD for the next cycle and are willing and able to play your games and provide regular content in the forums you've got a spot and we'll make it work. If that's not you, no hard feelings, we'll close out '12 and wish each other luck. If you aren't sure, we'll start moving forward hoping you'll come around but also try to get a full roster + wait list just in case.
    We'll also use this thread to finalize the OD setup for '13 and begin the team selection process.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I guess you can put me on standby because of my circumstances. This would be my second league and yes I would like to use CC. I am an east coast guy so I could never play 2-5am games. If this turns into a west coast league I will have to bow out. If there are still east coasters I think I am a good asset. I am reliable as I am one of the original members of T4 of this years installment. High turnover kills OD's. I am a foundation member, so I have a small rep. I am one of the first to play my games and I limit my cheese to when I play Baron.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I'm "probably" in no matter which way we go. I'd obviously prefer not to have to play all my user games at 2 in the morning, but one or two a season I could live with. And yea, I like the CC.

4. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

I'm loyal to the 4th horseman and would like to see it keep going. Wyrmreaver I think you've done a good job with the dynasty but understand your scheduling concerns. I would like to hang in here unless we get to a point where all users games are late and I can't play anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wyrmreaver

If all three of you (and I assume Baron ) are in we'll run this with the same scheduling headaches we have now. I'm fine with an occasional sim loss or even letting an east coast guy play my team as the CPU. My sense is that we will head into '13 with 6-ish returning members and we can tack on 6 newbies that we can all help break into the TSO way of doing things. When we recruit new guys I'll try and find a couple guys who can stay up to play me once every season or every other while still being able to play you guys at more reasonable east coast times. :D Glad you guys are in!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Pretty much hit the nail on the head for me in your mini-summary. In for now, could change in the near future, but don't count on it changing drastically. I'd obviously prefer not to play later games, but I can without making a huge deal out of it.

7. Wyrmreaver

8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I'm in for next year as well. As of right now I have no problems with late night games, could change though depending on how work/school shakes out in the fall

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Hey sorry about my lateness on this. Yesterday was my birthday and before that was just filled to the brim with insanity.

But anyway, my intentions on 13 are to look at grabbing a premiere league dynasty spot. As to 4th, I don't know if I'll have time for two leagues at that point, hopefully because I'll finally have a job. If my premiere league dynasty is not a CC, then 4th's chances go up. So put me in the 'Questionable' category for next year.

10. Wyrmreaver

Happy birthday.... and good luck finding a job, as long as it leaves you time for this league!

With you as a maybe i'll fill us to 11 and "wait list" everyone else until you know for sure.

Btw, ima kick yo ass when we play soon!

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  11. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

In response my hope is to be in a premier league as well I can juggle 2 not sure if I can do the 2 am games every night on some nights no problem. As far as how to do it I don't care if it is CC but I did wanna play with A&M but whatever you guys are wanting to do

12. Wyrmreaver

Okay, thanks everyone for checking in!

Hokie Effect
    RyanC
    papaloke
    Selvy9
    Abominatrix
    Dmiller28

Just want to make sure everyone is game to put out the minimum content expectations, check the thread about it, im sure you guys can handle it.

We had an earlier thread about how we would have it set up so we'll use that as a starting point.

-True coaches carousel, take any job offered

-3* limit for first year team choices - should allow guys who want to rebuild to get what they want and if you want a good team to start there should be some decent choices out there in BCS conferences at 3* like the UCLAs and Boston Colleges of the world.

-No conference limits, goal is 4 user games per year, but it could easily be 3 or 5 depending on conferences/rivals etc.

We should have team prestige info after E3 (june 5-6 i think). Once we do we'll just go with a first come first served team draft. If you know the team you want is going to be low enough prestige go ahead and speak up now and we can lock you in early.

Also, speak up if you think we should have a different setup

13. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Much appreciated.

And if I play 10 times better than I did against Hokie, I might have a chance. Probably my worst outing in this cycle.

14. Dmiller28

Dmiller28 Walk On

I do have one suggestion something I feel is true to the nature of the game is the speed threshold I never have been a fan, I believe this should be set to zero in order to make the game realistic players should not get a boost if they are slow or make a mistake in coverage or in the run game. In our dynasties this is something we have never had on

15. Wyrmreaver

I have it set lower right now (30 i think).... never played with it at zero, I'll have to test it out once we get the game in hand

16. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Not sure exactly why my earlier post would have been deleted . . . Maybe the Commish needs to send me a PM to "hash" that shit out. As I said, "I'm in like Sin" . . . I pre-ordered the game today. Look forward to playing with all you guys and renewing some rivalries. Viva Los Lobos! :cool:

17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Not happenin'.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Wyrmreaver unfortunately I am going to have to bow out. Definately enjoyed playing with everyone during the '12 edition and wish you guys luck with '13.

19. Wyrmreaver

Thanks for the Heads up Hokie. GL if you end up running a new league!