NCAA '13 Retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Aug 29, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm sorry guys, but I've come to the conclusion that it would be best for me and NCAA to part ways this year. Even when I win games, it's not fun. I don't know if it's the impossibility of gaining more than 8 yards up the middle because you stick to your oline like glue, or the over-thrown screen plays when you have your feet planted and don't touch the left stick at all that piss me off the most. It could be the DBs who run routes AHEAD of your WRs in man coverage (they magically know which way the route is going), or the broken hurry up offense (your WR can't "hear" even when at home and/or not hot routed at all)which makes it that much harder to come back and score in two minute drills. I love this league, and the group of guys that are here that I've competed with for so long.

The community aspect has been the only thing that has kept me here, but I've determined the frustration is simply not worth it. I'm not waiting on another patch to fix the patch which broke the previous patch. Hopefully once NCAA gets an "infinity engine" like Madden we can see some more realistic football. Maybe one day they'll understand unit testing. I will be back and lurking for NCAA '14, hopefully they finally get it right. I will also poke in on the boards every once in a while, I can't quit this place. This group brought me back in when I originally planed to just go the madden route, but the unforeseen horrible gameplay I'm experiencing is something I didn't anticipate. I hope you guys can understand and there is no hard feelings. I've been with the OC for over two years; it's with a heavy heart I make this decision.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The games fine- lame sauce. I have had plenty of runs over 8 yards, I throw screens fine (just toss it out there- not too soft not too hard). I haven't seen much of psychic DB's. I believe they added the WR's doing the "hearing" motion to keep the hurry up from being too fast. Makes it more realistic for the WR's to have to actually stop and hear the play, no?

I'll be honest- Madden>NCAA right now big time but I'm still in this for the guys I have been playing with for a while and not going anywhere.

Regardless, it's your choice man- sucks to lose you but whatever, we will deal I guess.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. fuzzyl0gic

Kasper I know man, I know. It was a hard decision. I've been thinking about this for a while. If you couple my time with NCAA and Madden with having a family and trying to work on some coding projects to transition to a professional career in the next few months, it's getting harder and harder to justify playing a game I'm just going through the motions with. I could be spending my time in so many other ways to enrich my life. Madden I actually enjoy, and it will suffice to feed my virtual football crack habit.

4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Well damn:( Sad to see you go. Enjoyed playing you. Even though the first time I got my arse whipped, and our last game was an ugly, embarrassing mistake fest.

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I hate this fucking game. I have a problem with about 80% of plays regardless if its positive or negative for me. I really don't think I can keep this up much longer. Never thought I'd see the day that I couldn't enjoy video game football and Fresno State football together but EA has accomplished all that and more.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Hate to lose you man, but I understand. Hope to see you back in the next cycle of NCAA.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This brings up a point though guys. I will admitedly be sucked into Madden here right when TMFL kicks off (got in bitches, oh yeah!) September 10th. It's been slow here recently, but that has to do with various things I think; school starting up, us having some teachers around here so they are getting sucked back into work- that kind of stuff.

We need to figure out something to suck yall back into regular posting. I know its hard (believe me, as commish I am very aware). We are making a fine pace I think and all, but outside of recruiting updates, scores, and the occaisional dribble drabble on the boards it's pretty dim. So what can I do to pick this up a tad?

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Hate to see you go fuzzy. But I understand. This years game is garbage. I almost wish we could use 12.

9. fuzzyl0gic

At least our record will forever remain 1-1, haha.
    Preach it, I've stuck with every NCAA release until the next one for about four years now. I couldn't do it anymore with this year's regression.
    Wish I could come back just to play the SMU vs Houston game, we never got a chance to play this year. Hopefully you get some competition in Texas.
    NCAA 12 (with all 10 patches) with this year's recruiting would be awesome.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I will pass on super LB interceptions any day

• Like Like x 1
  11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

We can each do a piece of content each game week, such as game of the week, players of the week, power rankings, etc...