NCAA 13 Roster Depth Chart Restrictions

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

For this year's release we need to have some special depth chart guidelines that must be followed.

There is a glitch with the play style pitch related to the depth chart and the play style pitch. It calculates your entire production from each position on the depth chart when deciding what rating to give you. Therefore we cannot have people putting their starting players at backup anywhere else on the roster. No exceptions. For instance if you have your HB as a backup running back (even if the cpu did it) it will give all his rushing yards to the QB position and improve your play style pitch.

the play style pitch is a pretty cool new improvement but they seem to have messed up the implementation. We need this rule in place to get the most out of it.

Again, no starters anywhere else on the depth chart whatsoever. Director of roster compliance smlvictories will be watching. :D

Mogriffjr
    HotRod
    smlVICTORIES53
    Twister18
    jfosh
    Gravity
    mboda
    jms493
    MaxATX34
    Jman
    bravejaf

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Helli, you mind posting the details of the issue in the commissioners lounge?

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Director??? Hell yea I'm moving up.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will check my depth chart when I get home, but should not be a big issue. I can't think of any instances off the top of my head.

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Holy shit. Now that huge melon will never fit through the door

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Watch it old man

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I wish I had details. The issue was reported to me by another member and I decided it couldn't hurt to come up with some guidelines that would help us avoid the problem. I haven't done a ton of fact checking or run a separate dynasty to verify the findings, or anything like that. So I don't want to step out of line in making these claims to other commissioners. Bottom line is I feel that the restrictions won't hurt anybody and they will help us possibly advert a bug.

I will post something in the commish lounge. But I will just be very clear I think they should do their own fact checking.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I played with it last night, you guys are right.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

I will check my depth chart, if any it would be defensively

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Fosh I haven't had the opportunity to even look at mine yet today... I am interested to see what's on there lol.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I am one of the proud few who was there when this historic discovery was made!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I had a starting de at the fifth St spot so I moved him out and put my lowest ranked de there

13. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Just a note. The depth doesn't affect o-line grades. Those grades are based off of team rushing/passing yards per game. I haven't seen an o-lineman get injured yet but if one did and it would be more beneficial to slide a starter over to that spot because the back-up at his spot is better than the other back-up then it would affect nothing.

Just a thought. Helli's call.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Doesn't matter to me... If it doesn't affect the grade then no worries...