NCAA 13 Rosters - PS3

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by majesty95, Jun 26, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I just uploaded version 1.1 of my rosters and they are DYNASTY READY.

PSN: majesty95

I had released version 1.0 but North Carolina had not been done yet. The top 20 or so players at every position have been updated as well as the top 10-20 underclassmen at each position. Additionally, 22 of the top teams in the game also received a depth edit (ie more than just the top players were touched, top backups, freshmen, etc.)

Player appearances and equipment were not edited. Just ratings for the top players in the game (if needed)

The way I calculated my rankings was by ranking all fo the players on a spreadsheet. I then entered where they were ranked among various publications (NFL Draft Scout, Phil Steele, Lindy's, Athlon, Mel Kiper, nfl.com, rivals.com, scout.com). I averaged all fo those rankings and ordered them. Then, I simmed six seasons into a dynasty when all of the players were CPU generated. I compared my players to their equivalent in the game (ie #5 DT in my rankings to #5 DT in game) to get an estimated OVR.

Most of the players on my list I re-rated. However, there were some that were within 1-2 OVR who seemed to have been pretty closely rated that I did not touch. Overall, nearly 1,200 players were looked and and probably 80% received ratings adjustments.

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. majesty95

I have a completely new set of rankings after testing progression. I may post a postion of those rankings but no promises ;)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  3. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

nice work man will be looking for someone who has good rosters to help with my dynasty :)

4. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Mingo plays De as LSU runs a 4-3

5. majesty95

Thanks! I just copied the names/positions from NFL Draft Scout for my spreadsheet. They probably did that because they project him as a LB in the NFL. However, I won't change the positions in the game unless they are chaninging for the '12 season. Appreciate you keeping me on my toes though ;)

6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

A Bit Curious where you read that. Mingo is 6-5 250 McShay/Kiper has him as a DE. He is athletic enough to play OLB in a 3-4 however he is natural at 4-3 DE which teams have actually begun to go back to

7. majesty95

I didn't read it. I just copied the list of players and positions from NFL Draft Scout and pasted them to my spreadsheet. They must be projecting him as an OLB. It could be an eror too, who knows. I've changed it to make sure I don't change it in game accidentally.

8. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

Where's Montee Ball?

9. majesty95

He is just outside of the top 25. He's actually projected as a late 1st-2nd round pick which is how I base my ratings.

I'm still working through the positions. The top 25 is different now than it was when I posted. Sammy Watkins was added. The initial ratinrs were just upperclassmen. As I'm going through it a few underclassmen are getting added.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  10. majesty95

One of the things that is the hardest to get right on rosters is whether a player is left handed and if he is injury prone. It is just impossible to remember every player and without detailed scouting reports, it is hard unit to find. So, I would like some help with this information for my roster set. Here is what I need:

INJURY PRONE
    Team - Player - Proj Inj Rating - Detailed Explanation

HANDEDNES
    Team - Player - Handedness - Visual Proof (photo)

Please keep the posts in that format. I do not need to know if the player is right handed unless they have him listed incorrectly in the game. Also, handedness only matter to QBs, Ks and Ps. I do not need to know for any other position.

If you are posting to either increase or decrease a player's Inj rating, please be as detailed as possible and give statistical evidence to back up your claim.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i wouldn't worry about the injury rating and being so precise in why they should be 75 or 85. just leave it as is in the game. or just make everyone an 80 or something. you gonna make knile davis a 30 INJ rating? lol. pretty sure no one will use your roster if you do something like that as the game will probably sit him out nearly every game.

do what you want...but just saying i doubt many people care enough to detail every surgery and procedure the 2nd string OG from Akron has had. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. majesty95

Hmmm...didn't remember asking about anyone from Akron :p Also, if everyone was 75-85 waaaay too many minor injuries. Some guys never get hurt, they should be 90+. Other guys all the time, <80. Also, I don't think there is a setting for # of surgeries, at least not that I've found. ;) I appreciae the input.

I've just been doing these for so long I've kind of got a rhythmic formula. Just need to know who is injury prone or who is a man of steel.

What I would like is something like this: Arkansas - Knile Davis - Missed all of 2011 with ankle injury. Missed all but four games in 2008 (HS) with broken collarbone

Thanks!

13. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

make everyone 100.

14. majesty95

I've got through all of the offensive players and all of the DTs and DEs. Still have LBs, CBs and safeties to go. A few kickers and punters too. Looks like I'll have at least a rough overall for about 800 players when I dive into actually editing in game. Anyone hear if a named set will be available on early release or released day?

15. majesty95

Other than needing to switch Derek Carr to a righty, any others...?

16. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

Rosters for XBOX or PS3?

17. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Read the thread title. :confused:

18. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

Yeah...but what's your GT majesty?

19. majesty95

It's PS3 and they aren't in my locker yet. Need to wit for a named set to work off of first.

20. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

You said already, I just want to know so I can get it when you finish it.

21. majesty95

majesty95

I'll post when they are ready. Will take 40-60 hours of editing once I get a named set so hopefully one pops up soon...

22. majesty95

I'm currently testing things like progression, the players leaving draft and sim statistics to gauge how I need to adjust player ratings.

One thing that I am noticing is that the sim engine seems to have taken a step backwards. Way too many QBs completing less than 50% of their passes which, in turn, has to effect WR stats (and TE and RB receiving stats to some degree). Also, there are significantly less QBs who throw for 4000 and even 3000 yards (about a 30-50% drop from real life).

Also, the league leader in tackles was 107. Not sure if this is because of a reduced amount of completions or not but is something to look at.

The good part of that is users now have the potential to be near the league leaders of passing and takle stats playing 6-7 minute quarters which they would not have been otherwise. Not sure if that was the intent, or that I like it if it was, but it is a silver lining :D

23. Westlake_88

Westlake_88 Walk On

A good roster set can fix the QB completion percentage problem.

24. majesty95

I'm looking into that right now. Running multiple test seasons and manipulating the QB ratings to see how it affects things. I'm not sure I can get them where they really need to be though. I'm getting 94 THA QBs completing 56% of their passes when in reality they should be closer to 70%.

Also, overpowering the ratings too much can impact user games making those less enjoyable and less realistic. Its a difficult line to walk. I also need to account for a possible tuner update. I don't want an excess of guys overperforming after an update so I have to figure that part out too.

It is what it is I guess.

25. majesty95

I updated the first post. Look for the initial release Sunday evening.