NCAA 13 Season 1 Schedule Ideas

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lets start discussing this now. Do you want to do home n home contracts? Conference showdown? Random opponents every year? Any new creative ideas? It would be nice if we can have all user games made up before I get the game so I can make year 1 schedule easy.

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

We won't have anyone like ND who messes it up every year! ;)

Season showdown might be a bit wonky with 3 conferences.

I dunno about home and homes to start (I don't want the same 2 ooc opponents 2 years in a row, if we do this, I'd say stagger) because I'd like to play everyone without waiting until the end of the release cycle for that to be done. *shrug* Maybe just let the users decide if they want to enter home and homes with people?

First season or 2 I vote that we legit randomize the match ups. Could make it into some content to get things moving with a "selection show" type of thing... talk about match ups, bowl/title hopes, history, etc.

We also can't look at real schedules because all of the conferences have a team that's being moved, so its impossible to say for sure how many user games someone will need, but that should be easily remedied if needed.
    -

I'm not really against anything, though I am STRONGLY in favor of randomizing it for the first year. Once we get into the swing of things, rivalry and trash talk will pop up and people will probably want the chance to prove it on the field, that's where we can bring in the home and homes!

I'd like to have us record the conference v conference results in some manner. There's several ways we could rotate this to make it work, so it might be a fun thing to do.

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I enjoyed the conference challenge format that was in place for NCAA '10. However, all of those ideas will work well.

4. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I'm not a big fan of home and home either and would just like to randomize it early on as Wick36 suggested.

Except for the non-randomness of me playing Maryland year 1!

5. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

ya it would be cool to have a 3-5 year plan so that all the user teams get to play each other

as long as my schedule is balanced each year [2-3 user v user home games 2-3 user v user away games] I'm open to everything

6. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Idea: You have your 1-2 user in-conference games, and 2 non-conference user games. A player has a 1 non-conference user game from each opposing conference (1 home and 1 away). The Rotation of home and away either goes by team or conference...

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

So, final word on this?

I still think random is the way to go season 1... could definitely get some good content out of it, I think, and it would be fair all around.

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Random FTW

9. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I vote random for the first few seasons

10. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I say random as well