NCAA '13 Settings and Content

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Jun 11, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

ryalaman
    ZCar352
    TEClemson53
    Screwthebcs
    sonn
    dnf913
    SuperBowlNachos
    AJ Hart MN
    NDCOLTS1979
    briosu99
    JohnnyClutch

Ok ladies. It's getting down to crunch time. We still need to iron out a few things before we get rolling. Please answer the below questions with your thoughts.

1. Heisman or AA Gameplay (with altered sliders)?
    2. Slow or Normal Game Speed? If you remember correctly our final 2 seasons of Heisman were on slow speed. I thought that they played really well.
    3. What content are you going to be tackling this year?
    4. We will be starting on Heisman recruiting. In addition we will have a cap of 2 :5stars: recruits per team. The Coach of the Year winner will receive an additional :5stars: for the next season. Is this ok with you?
    5. Should ALL gameplanning be banned this year, or just the 3 we always have (Run Commit, Jump Snap, Strip Ball)?
    6. Should custom playbooks be allowed?
    7. Any rule changes you want to see for '13?
    8. Anything else to discuss?

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

1. Heisman for my vote.
    2. Slow game speed
    3. history & archive, end of season and hall of fame voting, preseason and random in season features
    4. Good.
    5. I like the 3 we have only.
    6. No
    7. Up to you guys
    8. Up to you guys.

3. sonn

sonn Walk On

1. AA with sliders to start then move to Heisman if its too easy.
    2. Slow
    3. I'm okay with doing the plays of the week once again.
    4. Yes.
    5. I think just Run Commit, Jump Snap and Strip Ball should be banned.
    6. Yes but they should be reviewed like last release.
    7. No.
    8. No.

4. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

1. Heisman or AA Gameplay (with altered sliders)? Heisman

2. Slow or Normal Game Speed? If you remember correctly our final 2 seasons of Heisman were on slow speed. I thought that they played really well. Slow will be fine and I agree the last two season played really great.

3. What content are you going to be tackling this year? Freshman of the Year

4. We will be starting on Heisman recruiting. In addition we will have a cap of 2 :5stars: recruits per team. The Coach of the Year winner will receive an additional :5stars: for the next season. Is this ok with you? Yep its fine with me.

5. Should ALL gameplanning be banned this year, or just the 3 we always have (Run Commit, Jump Snap, Strip Ball)? Those three should be the only ones banned.

6. Should custom playbooks be allowed? Don't really care as I don't use one.

7. Any rule changes you want to see for '13? Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

8. Anything else to discuss? When are we drafting?:D but im ready for July 10th.

5. PAgamer07

Very, Very soon. Once we get all this crap hammered out. I think in the interest of dragging shit out, only 1 pick per day can be announced. That way guys have 24 hours to make a pick and actually use those 24 hours :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

1. Heisman (depending on how it plays)
    2. Slow
    3. I would like to do power rankings.
    4. Yep, unless Heisman recruiting is crazy hard this year.
    5. I say just ban it all
    6. Yes, don't think we really had a problem with them last year.
    7. Nope
    8. Nope, just ready for it to start

7. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Heisman. Got to make it a little harder on the 6* teams. :D

2. Slow or Normal Game Speed? If you remember correctly our final 2 seasons of Heisman were on slow speed. I thought that they played really well.
    Slow is fine. After a couple of games I am used to whatever it is on and forget that there are speed options.

I am going to do a scouting feature on some top recruits like I did last season with the blackboard slideshow presentation and create them in RTG to get their stats, highlights (if you can upload like replays in dynasty mode). I know AJ is into recruiting stuff but if he is doing something different this year and can do the boards again.

4. We will be starting on Heisman recruiting. In addition we will have a cap of 2 :5stars: recruits per team. The Coach of the Year winner will receive an additional :5stars: for the next season. Is this ok with you?
    Thats fine with me. From what I've read its going to be hard to get 5* guys and if its not this is a good rule to have in place.

5. Should ALL gameplanning be banned this year, or just the 3 we always have (Run Commit, Jump Snap, Strip Ball)?
    All banned is fine with me. Really don't know what the other are besides the chew clock one.

No. There is already 130 or so to choose from.

None that I can think of right now.

Do I have to select a team in geographical relation to my TMFL team? I can or cannot as I am looking at teams from the west coast, throughout the south, all the way to the east coast. :D

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Doesn't really matter to me.. I'd say go with AA with tough sliders only because I think I'll suck ass right off the bat seeing I haven't played a NCAA game in like forever but I do like it very difficult so I won't mind if we roll with Heisman right off the bat.

Doesn't matter to me.. Haven't played on slow but if it's like FIFA in any way, I won't even be able to tell the difference anyways.

I've got a couple things in mind.. Maybe some sort of Conference blog or a weekly recruiting notebook. JC can do the boards if he want's. I'll do something and I'll try to make it original ;)

Sounds good to me.. You know I'm all about recruiting restrictions. I actually liked the rules we enforced last release but that's just me.

Those 3 are cool with me.. I wouldn't mind just banning everything so we wouldn't ever have to worry about Trey :eek:

Eff it! Ban em all.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let's draft already.. Quit dragging this out ;)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm interested to see if this is necessary.

10. PAgamer07

JohnnyClutch can you handle our recruiting boards again this year?

11. PAgamer07

Is it that tough? I know you keep saying it is, but Im just wondering. We are going with the 3 conference setup, so for the most part we are pretty much geographically aligned.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I hate the 3 conference setup, too spread out, IMO.

It's hard to say about recruiting because of scouting, we didn't get to recruit like we would in real life, from my small sample size Heisman is brutal.

13. PAgamer07

Hahaha. Awesome. Love to hear that. Yeah, I considered 2 conferences, but I think between the difference in skill levels between our guys it works out well. We have a top tier of 3-4 guys who own, and then the rest of us.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So are those 3-4 in the same conference?

15. PAgamer07

Last year 3 of our best players were. Im curious to see how it plays out this year, so I really have no clue what's going to happen. We are going with a reverse order draft in terms of skill level, so I am HOPING that the better players won't end up with elite teams.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    What star ratings are you going?

17. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Yeah I can, no problem at all. Graduated three months ago and no jobs in my field allows leaves me with a ton of extra time.

18. PAgamer07

No restrictions.

19. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

That was my thinking as well. If guys can out-recruit the CPU on heisman, good for them. I'm not limiting anything, at least to start.

20. PAgamer07

We used it last year and it was still pretty easy. But we all had big time prestige

21. AJ Hart MN

There are no restrictions.. I would love some restrictions but that's me ;) I'm actually good with anything as the guy's here make the league enjoyable but it does get old when the 12 users are all in the top 25. I'm still longing for the day when I can use the Goph's and play on a level playing field with the rest of the dynasty. Minnesota is really bad though.. Something needs to be done with that program and I may be the man for the job lol

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I rolled with Army one year when everyone else was elite level teams...loved it.

23. PAgamer07

Pretty sure it was a question on the questionnaire pm and consensus was no restrictions

24. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

1. Heisman or AA Gameplay (with altered sliders)? Heisman
    2. Slow or Normal Game Speed? Slow
    3. What content are you going to be tackling this year? Recruiting or anything else not done
    4. We will be starting on Heisman recruiting. In addition we will have a cap of 2 :5stars: recruits per team. The Coach of the Year winner will receive an additional :5stars: for the next season. Is this ok with you? Good with me
    5. Should ALL gameplanning be banned this year, or just the 3 we always have (Run Commit, Jump Snap, Strip Ball)? All banned
    6. Should custom playbooks be allowed? Yes they should it allows a coach to play to his strengths
    7. Any rule changes you want to see for '13? nope
    8. Anything else to discuss? Just glad to be with this group and look forward to 13

25. AJ Hart MN

yeah, I know and I don't mind. The guy's here like no restrictions so I'm ok with that. My favorite teams are highly rated teams so I can and will be fine. Some release, I think it would be fun to roll with 3* or lower teams. Maybe in a couple of years when Minnesota has a bit more talent ;)