NCAA 13 Slider Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HarkTheSound, Jul 4, 2012.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Just throwing this up here for when the game comes out and we begin testing sliders. I'll have the game July 6th so I'll be able to test some things out early on. Hopefully we'll have a slider set and named roster finalized after a week or so.

2. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Can we have some kind of rules on running up the score in cpu games...ive seen some interesting rules in other leagues. It just takes the fun out of the heisman race when people pad stats on certain players. Not saying we do this, but a set rule would be nice.

3. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I agree with this...I think if you're winning by 30+ points in the second half the user should remove their starters (offense and defense). If they're up by 20+ in the 4th, same thing. But that's up to everyone else. What rules did you read?

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Most leagues have a points cap of 70 points in a game, but I really don't like caps. Makes you not play at the end, basically. Up by 4 scores in 3rd quarter, all starters are benched and chew clock must be on at all times. 3 scores in 4th, same rules apply, is more in line with something I'd prefer.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I can handle that rule....all in favor

6. kmaxhokie

kmaxhokie Walk On

Im in favor, I usually do the same thing when I play. If Im blowing out the computer I just want the game to end, it loses its fun.

7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

For what it's worth.. these are the rules we use:

• There is a scoring cap of 70 points in a blowout. If you exceed this your team will be hit with sanctions.
    • If ahead by 28 points or more in the 2nd half, you must bench your starting offense
    • If ahead by 40 or more in the 1st half, you must bench your starting offense

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

I do like the first half part as well. Never thought about that one.

9. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

I say we use SECElite's sliders. Obviously we should look around a little but he consistently puts out a really good set year after year.

10. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm waiting until some come out and trying multiple before deciding. Not even paying attention to who makes them.

11. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Fair enough. You and WutZ_KraKaLaKin (not sure if I tagged you correctly Logan) already have the game right? What do you guys think so far?

12. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I lke it better than 12. Recruiting is great. So much more to it, finally. I've only played one game, but it was a ton of fun. Beat Wake Forest with UNC on a last second field goal.

I'm awful at the game.

13. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Haha that's why I wish you were in the B1G. You know I still haven't played you once in the 2 years or so that we're been in these dynasties together.

14. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I gotta say, I think we should roll Heisman difficulty this year. It's fun. The only major things I see needing tweaking are CPU interceptions, user fumbles and CPU/USER completion percentages (both too high at the moment).

I just got done playing as Utah State (team Im using for TSO's Tournament) against Auburn on default Heisman...I lost 55-18. Heisman CPU takes no prisoners this year and I didn't feel cheated like I normally would on Heisman. I just got my ass beat (like I should have considering the matchup).

15. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Im all for the harder the better

16. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    AA does seem easier this year. I won a game vs Wake Forest as UNC where I threw 4 picks. I haven't played on Heisman yet, so I'll have to try it tonight.

I would like to see us lose some games we should lose vs the CPU this year as well.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  17. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Not really a slider post, but there are some rosters up that some guys did over at OS.
    They have all of the teams named that will be used in our dynasty, so for those of you that have the game you can look at names instead of #s.

GT: xIZ GONE RAINx

18. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

In Favor

19. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I got it early but haven't gotten to play as much as I was hoping. I do really like the recruiting this year though. I'm pretty sure me and Roggie still have not played each other and this will be our 4th year of dynasties together.

I'm really up for any sliders, I usually just tweak my own so when you guys find ones you like just post them and I will try them out.

20. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm losing games on default AA to the computer nonstop.

21. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Dang Roggie and I was thinking we would have to move up to Heisman this year.

I have a set of Heisman sliders that I have been testing out that have been pretty good so far. I will be playing Michigan (to see if Denard scrambles realistically and completes a realistic amount of passes) and Georgia (to see the running game, an elite QB in Murray, and an SEC defense) in my Oregon dynasty and then will post results as well as the sliders that I used.

Also, try playing on slow speed instead of normal, I think it reduces the "skating" that you sometimes see.

22. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm playing on slow with speed threshold of 35. I might just be really rusty as well, since I'm throwing a shitton of picks. But the CPU never bats down passes; they just pick everything off. Can't get Renner to lead a pass either.

23. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Hey look at the bright side, if you were using Brad Dailey nobody would catch it ;)

• Like Like x 2
  24. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Worst. 5 Star. EVER.

• Like Like x 2
  25. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Here's the sliders that I have been using-feel free to comment and criticize. I'd like to get as much input as possible.

Difficulty:Heisman
    Qtr Length: 7 min
    Game Speed: Slow
    Speed Threshold: 20

Offsides:60
    False Start:60
    Holding:50
    Facemask:50
    All 3 interferences: 100
    Clipping:50
    Int. Grounding:100
    Roughing penalties:52

User/CPU
    QB Acc: 10/10
    Pass Block:35/30
    WR Catching:45/45
    RB Ability:45/45
    Run Blocking:45/40
    Pass Cvg:20/20
    Pass Rush:30/25
    Int:30/30
    Rush Defense:20/20
    Tackling:40/50
    FG Pwr: 45/45
    FG Acc: 40/40
    Punt Pwr:45/45
    Punt Acc:40/40
    KO: 45/45

I've played three games with it so far and I like them, but they weren't against top tier teams. I will play some tougher games tonight to test em out.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012