NCAA '14 available for direct download from XBox marketplace?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jello1717, Jun 17, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Does anyone know if NCAA '14 will be available for download from the Xbox marketplace? If so, generally how long does it take for new releases to become available for download?

If you download the game, is it safe to assume that you don't need a disc in the xbox?

I'd prefer to have a disc, but my xbox is in a state where it won't read a disc in the tray unless I beat the shit out of it with my fist as it tries to start up the disc. Sometimes it takes 5+ tries of opening, closing, pounding before the disc will spin. I've been doing this for a couple of months, but who knows how much more of this my poor xbox can take. I'm assuming that if I downloaded NCAA (just about the only game that I play) that it wouldn't matter if my box can read a disc.

I've searched the marketplace for other new games and have found some there and some I haven't.

2. jello1717

This could be a bad sign if the "release date" is when it became available on the marketplace....

ncaa 13 download.PNG

3. jello1717

After some more research it looks like they get to the marketplace 3-4 months after release.

Oh well.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I wanna say the first week you could DL it last year.

5. jello1717

That'd be AMAZING if so. I'd much rather do this, but I'll need to find out fairly soon since I'll pre-order it from Amazon if it'll take too long.

6. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

jello1717 5 post and 4 of them are yours....I love it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i purchased NFS: The Run on the marketplace, when it dropped in price... just a pain having to go in to the pins to load it, instead of putting the disc in, but c'est la vie... and i don't feel like it's any quicker to load than it is off a disc. if it means it'll work for you since your XB is broken, that's cool.

i don't know if the games are released to XBM on release date, or if the companies put it out there 3-4 months later like the release date shows. that being said, i asked my local game store when they're getting NCAA and the guy said September 10 (same as the date you showed in the screen cap). perhaps the XBM & my local game store just don't have the updated (ie official) release date in their systems.

my 2ยข.

• Like Like x 1