NCAA 14 Bugs, Glitches & Feedback

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Drifterbub, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Okay guys, post up any problems you run into so that we can do our part and relay it back to the devs. Please be descriptive as possible. Pictures and Video are KEY!!! This helps EA reproduce the issue.

Console:
    Time and Date:
    Version of the game: Demo, Season Pass, Retail
    Description of problem:

2. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

PS3
    July 5 3013
    10:30 pm est

FSU and NEB facemask are showing gray instead of tjier correct color

• Like Like x 1
  3. chance17

chance17 Walk On

Ps3
    7/5-7/6
    Season pass
    Freeze during every weekly progression in dynasty that resolves itself eventually.

EDIT: Here's the video. Around 0:26 it really kicks in. I immediately hit the PS button as you would when seeing if the game is frozen or if the console is locked up.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

Is that retail or season pass?

5. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Im sorry. Season Pass

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Xbox
    July 6th
    Season Pass

Complimentary vists are showing up, but competitive are not. Meaning, I have to manually go through and see all the visits I have scheduled, instead of it showing up as I assume it should.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Not sure if this is a bug or just a horrible design decision

Console: 360
    Time and Date: 6 July
    Version of the game: Retail
    Description of problem: In the dynasty menu (just off of the main menu) it doesn't list the names of your dynasties. I just shows a team logo and what game/stage you're at in a dynasty like this:

[​IMG]

so there's no way of knowing which save file it is without loading it and then backing back out if it's the wrong one.

I keep a save file for the end of every season in my dynasty with a different name (IE. UofM2020) so that I can go back to any season I want. I also keep 2 rotating backup saves in case my current one gets glitches. It's gonna suck ass trying to open the correct save file when I've got 15 of them and I can't see any of their names.

8. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Console: xbox
    Time and Date: july 5th
    Version of the game: Demo
    Description of problem on an onside kick I kicked and illegally touched (before 10 yards) the cpu recovered but accepted the penalty but instead of starting on my 40 they started on their own 35

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Reporting an issue found by a friend of mine.

Console: XBox 360
    Version: Season Pass
    For Iowa State Cyclones, every few first downs it will play a stadium sound that says the following: "That will move the chains for another IOWA, first down."

Not a game breaker but annoying for Iowa STATE fans. A similar error was in the last few games as well so they just never updated it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Console: PS3
    Time and Date: 7/6/13
    Version of the game: Season Pass
    Description of problem: Not a bug or glitch, just feedback. They removed the ability to turn off Coaching Carousel and that is frustrating. Trying to run a league or any dynasty(single user or multiple user) where the idea is to just be one team for the entire release has been derailed by this. There's probably work-arounds to this but beyond just getting the user back on their team, there's recruiting boards lost by getting fired, and an added discrepancy now between users with the added perk tree....which appears as though it can be quite significant. On top of that, a user no longer has control over what school they move to. That's why Z2H always had CC turned off in the past despite our league focus being similar to the CC focus. I would much rather just turn off all of these things they added to the mode rather than have to deal with all the potential headaches.

On a side note, removing this ability shows a lack of focus from EA, imo. Why allow us to pick any of the ~124 teams to start with but then force us in the game to risk losing them?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

This is actually good feedback. Much better than "WHY DOESN'T COACH PRESTIGE CHANGE IF I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO MEASURE A COACH'S PERFORMANCE AGAINST" complaint.

I'll relay that back.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Why does having it on derail an OD where guys don't want to move? We used it in AM and just had everyone turn down all job offers. If a user got "fired" they'd be added back to their team as a new coach. Starting over is kind of a worthy penalty for getting canned in my opinion.

Unless they've changed something I am not understanding why this is such a big issue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

That's my thouhts as well, but I still think they should have left the ability in to turn it off. Same with the recruiting difficulty.

14. Dru50

I'd agree with that, being able to adjust things is always better.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Xbox 360
    Early Release version
    July 7th @11:20ish

Drifter Me and Moon were playing he tried to run a FB dive out of the Weak I and instead of handing it off the QB just ran it and got tackled for a loss on 3rd down. This is not the first time I have seen this happen one time in FleXbox One tight the Qb did this while I was running a jet sweep

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  16. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    It's not a game breaking issue and, honestly, it's already too late for them to do anything about it for us this release because we aren't about to wait for them to patch that before we start our league. It's just a pain because the option used to be there and they purposefully took it away.

The added coaches perk tree thing is probably the biggest issue, imo. For example, lets say that after 3 seasons Coach A is at level 10 and Coach B is at level 15. They started at an equal level and Coach B was able to build a gap from his performance. However, Coach A gets fired in the offseason and Coach B does not. In the next season after getting Coach A back to his team, he is back down to level 1 which creates an unfair playing field between him and Coach B...all because the game decided to fire him and he had to create a new coach just to get back to his team.

It's a system that is going to punish players that aren't good on the sticks and reward those that are since they reduced the contract criteria to just wins. And really, the ones that are bad on the sticks are the ones who need the perks and the help, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dru50

That makes sense. Maybe a workaround is set coach progression to the slowest speed, that way the variance in coaching levels won't be as high across the board?

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

We need to do a test and see what exactly happens when a user gets fired. Just so I can cover all corners of the issue in my feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Can't commissioners force coaches to stay at their school? Regardless it shouldn't be hard to add a slider for firings on or off

20. Dru50

In 13 the commish could force guys to stay. That's what we did in our league.

• Like Like x 1
  21. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Time and Date: Multiple times
    Version of the game: Demo and Season Pass
    Description of problem: I mentioned this when the demo came out and I've noticed it twice in the early release. The CPU (noticed on both AA and Heisman) does not use proper clock management at the end of the 2nd quarter. All three time that I have seen this, the CPU has ONE timeout left with under 20 seconds to go in the half. They hurry to the line and either run a play which runs out the clock or get to the line and the clock expires before they snap the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

Good observations, but gonna need video to properly explain it to the devs.

23. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Xbox
    Anytime
    Season pass

FleXbox One close fb load option str playart shows both wingbacks having auto motion. The backside wingback is the one that goes in motion but the playside back just stands there. He doesn't move at all.

Wingbone counter trip option. There is no dive read no matter which wingbone formation you run it out of. The fleXbox One versions of this play are correct.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Time and Date: Any season
    Version of the game: Demo, Season Pass, Retail: Season Pass
    Description of problem: After National Signing Day I'm constantly getting random people thrown into my class. One season I signed 15 guys. I go to recruiting rankings and it says i've signed 21. The 6 new guys range from 1-3 stars, but have never been on my recruiting board. Generally around 55-68 overall range. They can obviously be cut but it's kind of annoying. Where did these guys come from? They are not walkons, because when it shows their top 3 schools there are other programs in there ... sometimes big ones like Alabama, sometimes a small MAC school. I've been calling these my preferred walkons haha but it's still very weird

25. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, it would be better if these guys were kept in the talent pool for other schools. Would help CPU schools compete longer.