NCAA 14 Digital Download

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by broth262, Jul 7, 2013.

1. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm curious as to people's opinions/recommendations of downloading NCAA 14 as opposed to getting the disc.

Although I haven't had any problems yet, I know many people who have had problems with their PS3 being unable to read discs, but can still play games downloaded from the Playstation Store. So my thought would be to do that, but my concern is of any potential problems people have had with a digital copy. So for any people that have downloaded games in the past I'd like to get some opinions.

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

If you have hard drive issues can you re-download the game?

3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:

I believe so. Once it is bought I think it is saved in your PSN account externally.

• Like Like x 1
  4. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I would recommend digital games over hard copies. I've downloaded many games in the past and have had no issues to date.

As you mentioned earlier, you can re-download games if necessary and I have done this several times. If you have the hard drive space, I'd say go for it.

Personally, I'm going to buy the hard copy first from Gamestop so I can trade in NCAA 13 for like $12. If my PS3 fails to read discs consistently--it has failed for short periods of time--I'll just sell the hard copy and download the digital version.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I downloaded 13 and loved the fact i didnt have to use the disc and I had zero problems. Im downloading 14 day one

6. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

will ncaa 14 be available for digital download on release day?

if thats the case, i may just do that and return the copy coming in the mail.

can anybody confirm that it will be in the PSN/XBLA sections for download on release day?

7. StayPlation82

StayPlation82 Walk On

I downloaded madden 13 and had no issues. I plan to be all digital this year for sports titles.

8. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

you all don't trade or sell your games when you are done with them?

9. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:

Most games I do, but NCAA I play from the day it releases until the new one comes out.

10. hittaondapayroll

hittaondapayroll Walk On

what time did you guys DL 13 last year .... im just curious as to how come they turn the season ticket off and have not set up the PS store to DL full game ncaa14 like it says BUY NOW .. EA get it together ..

11. hittaondapayroll

hittaondapayroll Walk On

EA u FAIL .. u take the access to season ticket down but no option to buy game from ps store ... keep gettin no items are available for purchase... i tried at 12...am pst time no action and still no action come on .... EA

12. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i usually do, but most the time i wait and miss actual worth while trade in deals and only get 15 bucks etc. i know, better than nothing, but id rather have a digital download copy of my sports games. cant wait for that on X1.

PSN will have NCAA 14 out at 6pm today.

360, per usual, wont have it for download for a few months. bah!

13. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Good point, I have a problem, I hit the end of a sports life cycle, and trde the games for action/war games, then beat those, then rebuy the sports games used before the new releases to get me back in the swing of things. :dead:

I have bought Madden 13 (4) times, Fifa 13 (2) times, NBA 2K13 (3) times

FML...May go digital on my PS4 and X1, gotta stop this BS

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

lol.. ive been there done that myself, ha.

i feel like im losing my sports gaming interest outside of NHL for whatever reason anymore. even with NHL, just gets stale etc.

i think my problem is trying to get the games to play as realistic as possible. i then get frustrated and then just stop trying and put the disks away.

i said to myself and Nvschultz1325 last week, im going to enjoy NCAA 14 no matter what. make a few tweaks etc, ignore all the bugs/glitches threads and just enjoy the game. go through years of Dynasty's like i did back in the day. well, im going to "try" and do that.

i hoping i dont catch slideritus this year.. LOL

15. hittaondapayroll

hittaondapayroll Walk On

wdh are u serious 6pm COME ON EA 4 real this is just terrible

16. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

yeah, EA mentioned thats when it will be available.

thats not up to them, thats when Sony updates PSN..

17. hittaondapayroll

hittaondapayroll Walk On

well come on SONY wdh ... and ill take some blame off ea but damn this could have been handled much better in my opinion

18. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

yeah, maybe an option to download the game last week via update. but wouldn't unlock to be played until say this morning when the ticket expired.

19. hittaondapayroll

hittaondapayroll Walk On

something anything geez us now i gotta ride bike to gamestop and wait ... grrr well at least my last game was a win

20. hittaondapayroll

hittaondapayroll Walk On

well no wait but still that was foul ... do not know what they were thinking about .. just my might have to make a youtube clip voicing my discontent ... i did not even want the disc grrr ...
    oh well on with the gaming