NCAA 14 General Discussion and Early Impressions

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by bravejaf, Jul 10, 2013.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have only played 2 games so far, and 1 was a loss to thebouncer24 in the PS3 tourney. So far the game plays pretty similar to NCAA 13 in my opinion. I am still adjusting to using PS3 controls as I played NCAA 11-13 on 360 after my first PS3 broke.

2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

I did not play NCAA 13, but so far this game feels good. I've only played 2 as well, both are wins so i'm not complaining there lol.

3. boil16

boil16 Walk On

I like the game so far. Mainly played offline. Lost in the ps3 tourney though. Should be a good time though.

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I enjoy the game so far. The added physics and new running feel makes it feel a little bit more smooth compared to last year's game in my opinion. I also like the new recruiting so far. Makes things a little more efficient.

But, my favorite feature BY FAR, is them bringing back MADDEN DRAFT CLASSES. HALLELUJAH!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I have yet to win online...but winning isn't everything. 3 out of the 4 games I played, were sim style (3 lobby games, and 1 PS3 Tourney), so I cant complain. As far as how it plays, I like it, the new engine reminds me of first impressions of Madden 13. I think the running game and Line of scrimmage play is most noticeable as far as game play. Seems like the OLine and DLines actually have brains and pick up the correct blocks, and the receivers block too out in the open field. I hate the fact that stadiums are so quiet, almost seems as if the presentation took a step back. The atmosphere of college ball isnt there, Michigan vs OSU should be rockin'! Instead, you get arena music, and chatter from the players, I hope they patch it, I really think the audio is fractured.

I've played with Maryland, Georgia, Michigan, and Boise State, still haven't found a squad I'm in love with, or a playbook. Alabama's is the closest that I've used to an NFL Pro style, so that is what I will probably use.

Graphics are ok I guess, game looks the the same as 13 IMO. I guess I'm just ready for next gen graphics, there is only so much that can be done on these old as PS3's and Xbox 360's, although Madden always look better, more authentic.

Haven't started a dynasty yet, waiting for the Operation Sports rosters to be released, so I have no idea watch recruiting and all the other good stuff is like, I hear its different from '13.

Overall, I like it. Definitely keepin the game for the long haul, especially with the import draft class being brought back. I think I'm locking myself in the mancave this Saturday and running 4-5 games if possible, gotta find a team in the B1G or Big 12, seems those will be the conferences we run with, but who knows...

If anyone wants a scrim, add me on the PSN. I'm usually available between 730p - 1030p est after Daddy duty M-F.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm pretty impressed with the new engine and overall gameplay. My only complaint with the gameplay is that when you INT a pass, the flip that the screen does almost makes it impossible for you to return the pick. Still trying to get a feel for the new stick control animations, but after 1 day I guess I made a little progress. Played 5 games last night and went 4-1. I lost my first game and was heated because all the dude did was run the no huddle, back to back to back to back, etc. But towards the end I actually set up my defensive audibles and was able to slow him down tremendously. The no huddle is ridiculous in this game if it's exploited by someone. Of course all of those games I played with LSU, my wheelhouse team. So as far as the dynasty goes, who knows! I'll let you guys fight for the bums from Ohio State though. ;):D:D

I agree with CT about both the stadium sounds, as well as the game looking a lot like NCAA 13. Maybe a few upgrades, such as the post game stats and leaders now available quick and easy once a game is finished. I haven't played any offline games yet, so maybe there's a difference there too. But overall I'm impressed and can't wait to kick off this dynasty!!

7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'll run one tonight if we can link up. I'm normally available around that same time schedule.

Is anyone in this league on the west coast?

8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Another negative about the gameplay are the kickoffs. I guess they've tried to slow it down when you initially receive the ball, but it's just way too laggy for me. I did return one to about the 45-50, but once I got to that point my return man was dog tired and slow.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will probably wait for a better roster set for the online dynasty, but there are named rosters available for PS3.

http://freencaa14rosters.com/ncaa-football-14-rosters-available/

PSN: JeffDLowe

I downloaded the rosters last night and they seem fairly accurate. I did notice one of the Buckeyes' 2013 recruits was not on the roster.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

well I use tapatalk a lot and I did not know that I had notification from getting tagged in the new forum... but now I am here and know it exists lol

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I really like how recruiting works this year. It is a very nice departure from the dull and repetitive nature of last year's recruiting system. The bonus points for complementary and competitive visits is a welcome addition to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I agree. The recruiting skills/perks from the coaching tree are very helpful as well.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

ThaBayouChef in my offline dynasty I won the championship with OSU in my first season. Fickell and Herman both got head coaching positions. My new offensive coordinator under my created coach is Les Miles :). I skipped past the coaching carousel portion and the CPU added him. Apparently LSU did not have a good season in that dynasty.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

And the city of Baton Rouge rejoices!! Lol

15. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

i just played 2 unranked games with the 2 playbooks i will be using here and not my custom books and the game has froze up on the first audible and lost connection... i am hoping this isnt an issue... just tried it in a ranked game and same thing... doesn't matter if you audible first play, second, on your first one i have gotten diconnect every time... i have played about 30 unranked and 8 or so ranked games with my custom books with NO PROBLEMS and my base formation for this year i believe is only in that Spread Option book... i will continue to try stuff but that really pisses me off when it is safer to use custom than stock playbooks /end rant

16. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

and i know it is the Spread Option book because in 2 of those games I chose D first and used audibles between 4-2-5 sets with no issues... :wtf:

17. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

it may be servers or i need to reset the router... because i am getting it every game now... even with custom books

18. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Very weird