NCAA 14 practice tips

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by mikem515, Jul 1, 2013.

1. mikem515

mikem515 Walk On

Does anyone have any practice tips or routines they use to learn teams and their play books?

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Repetition, repetition, repetition.

I use the random play feature (with a play type or formation selected) a lot. Helps round out my game.

3. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I do the same thing drifter said, but also I'll do unranked games online to be able to get used to playing users. I just make sure I use the same playbook I'm using in my league to get use to it

4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Don't be afraid to take a notepad out and write down some notes to all of the plays that work for you consistently against certain types of formations as well. Always better to have them on paper than just in your head.

5. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

I'll be honest, I will go through the entire playbook. Run each play acouple times depending on the difficulty. Like, I dont need to run a HB Dive 10 times, but when I was learning the Triple Option, that took some more reps.

6. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Find a scheme or idea that works for you. Think about teams you like watching play. There are a couple websites out there that post the formations that exist within every teams playbook. Find a scheme you want to try and all of the teams that run it. Slowly narrow it down through practice mode to see what plays you like or don't like. After that its like drifter said, repetition.

For me, I fell in love with the read option and namely the spread offense years ago. I loved Mississippi State's playbook for its unique formations, and its worked great for me, a weird power running read option based spread offense.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Best practice..... Play now, 15 minutes, make your opponent a better team, adjust sliders so that it is 5-10 points tougher than your league will be. Supersim whichever side you aren't working on. Take one formation and run a couple possessions out of just that form, rinse, repeat.

even better is "labbing". Get an unranked 15 min game with a friend with the purpose of practice. So you say, I want to work on running against the 3-4. So he runs 3-4 with a mix of zone, man, blitz etc while you call runs all day and you are on the MIC talking about stuff, like "when you see both MLBs crashing bounce outside" or "on that stretch when the OLB os coming downhill cut upfield like like a power play rather that stretching" on the flipside you help him on offense with whatever he wants to do.

• Like Like x 5
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Shortly after the release of NCAA13 I was having a lot of trouble getting a consistent passing game with Heisman difficulty and tough sliders. I started an offline dynasty as the OC of Washington State and went full pass happy pirate. I threw almost every down and needed to because the CPUs simmed defense was so bad. I really learned the passing plays in my playbook and got a lot better with timing and other aspects of the passing game.

It also didn't take long to play a bunch of games on offense only. I went through a season in a few days. You get to play against a variety of defenses and in a bunch of different situations that you don't see in practice mode.

As for your playbook in general. Find a good core of plays that you like and continuously build on it. From release day until you start dynasty play you should have a decent playbook on your hands that you can continue to add to.

• Like Like x 1