NCAA '14 Prep

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

jello1717
    UofCWildcat
    blLL flo
    niuhuskie224
    Darkwing
    edge7771
    bigrice25
    Todd Ramsey
    Hokie Effect
    jay2149
    Coachmedicis

Ok so I know pretty much nothing has really been released about the next cycle of NCAA. But I'm going to try to spark discussion here and let's talk about what direction we should move as a league. We can start discussing conferences, teams, and recruiting. Things will change I am sure but they can be dealt with as they come. Here is what we know about the game already.

1) It will have the same physics engine as introduced in Madden '13. Opinions?

2) Denard Robinson will be on the Cover. Happy? Not Happy?

3) The head guy at EA stepped down. Could this lead to a new direction?

I would like to hear from you all about this. Also as I have said before, content goes a LONG way into earning yourself a spot for next season. Remember that game summaries are about the only thing I really would consider mandatory so please do this. We do not know if they will expand to more than 12 users next release but at this point, let's assume they don't. So if you are asking/telling yourself "Did I do enough to get in?" or "I hope I earn a spot" then you probably haven't yet, but I am starting this early to get some of you fired up for the next round of The Experience.

TMFL is regarded the best Madden League on the site, let's make The Experience the best Premier NCAA League PERIOD.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

1) Love the way Madden plays over NCAA, except for the weird after the play tackle animations. But other than that really excited about it.

2) I could understand D.R. on the cover a year ago, but he was a bum last year. I would have gone with a picture of Manti and his GF.

3) I think they will be forced to have new innovative blood leading the way for NCAA as it will have open compitition as a result from the lawsuit. Would be interesting to see what happens when 2k finially gets its opportunity to make a football game again and the pressure it puts on EA.

I really want to be in a premiere NCAA league for '14, staking claim with my Hokies. I know I have been just going through the motions lately, but I do get my games played. I think once I move into my new place this summer and the whole selling, buying, and all the headaches that come with moving are over I will be back to old form. i will admit even playing the games now have become a chore......

VT over Bama week 1, bet the house!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

1) The physics engine just needs some touching up and I'll be 100% okay with it. Like Hokie said, some minor end of the play shit is annoying but other than that, it's pretty good in Madden (sparked my interest in that series since Donavan McNabb was on the cover).

2) Denard Robinson is only on cause Michigan is a big name school and people know who he is. Ryan Swope is a fucking beast and I hope he falls to Cincinnati in the later rounds of the draft. He'd be a good complement to Andrew "Baby Hawk" Hawkins in the slot. But we have Mohammad Sanu and Marvin Jones at the 2 spot opposite AJ Green. Denard will be a good complement somewhere but i think the switch to WR will stall him. But it's better than another Alabama guy on the cover (y)

3) I don't care what happens unless it impacts NCAA. I know he stepped down because of the fuss with SimCity but if they get a new guy in there who LISTENS to the people and tries his best to fix a problem and not release a half-baked game, I'll be happy. Otherwise, it'll be as expected for me.

I wanna be here in '14. I have a lot of ideas and I'm been fucking around with my YouTube Channel and editing software and i've got the perfect combination for quality, time, and efficiency for videos and that only means more videos and better videos for the league. I'm hoping NCAA is a big BOOM like Madden was so people can find some interest in what this league has to offer. I want people to envy and fight to be in this league, not us flowing through the depths of hell to find a new member (hell I saw in another league that a former member thought a Non-Premier league was better than this one!). So i hope to be a part of that.

Arizona will win the South. Book it. :D

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

1) I've heard some really bad things about RTP in Madden so I'm pretty worried about it coming to NCAA. Though I REALLY want a good physics engine in NCAA very badly, it sounds like Madden's engine isn't good at all so I'd rather have no physics than a bad physics engine. Hopefully it'll be tweaked enough to be good this time around and I'm really, really ecstatic that they waited a year instead of shoving it into NCAA '13.

2) I almost never look at the cover, but obviously I'm glad DRob is on it. I can't think of a better cover man for a video game since he put up video game type numbers throughout his career.

3) Haven't heard anything about this and know nothing about who left and who's replacing him so I have no opinion.

No one will make another NCAA game. With as much as everyone wants there to be competition, it wouldn't make any financial sense (which is the only kind of sense that matters here) for another company to create a new football game.

As a big time dynasty guy (online and off) I'm really stoked about the potential with the new recruiting changes that they're talking about. Recruiting and building a team has always been my favorite part of this series (so much so that I don't even really give a shit about the first few seasons unless I'm Michigan) and I'm hoping that it's improved for the better. I'm worried about the decommitting possibilities, but I have high hopes until some details start coming out about it.

As for gameplay, with as much as I love how effective the spread is in '13, I really, really hope that they tone it down for '14. The number of spread option bandwagon jumpers in NCAA '13 is retarded. We've had people that in '12 were full on pro style power runners (because it was the most effective) who in '13 are now full out spread option guys (because it's the most effective). (Hell, in '12 we had a guy that recruited the best scrambling QB in our entire OD, a dude I would've given my left nut to have with ASU, that ended his career with about -400 yards rushing because he only ran his overpowered pro style attack, yet in '13's overpowered spread, this coach ran nothing but spread option). I liked things much, much, much better in years past when I was one of only 2 or possibly 3 guys in this league that ran the spread option. It sucked going up against the overpowered pro style attack, but I've found it even worse when everyone else is running the same style of offense as me (which I've run in every OD I've ever been on in the NCAA series, even when it sucked ass, instead of only adopting it when it became overpowered).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I hear ya there Jello. I was telling NIU how I hate how I'm running the spread because its OP. it's dumb and I would rather there be a few better options on offense then running the spread. Really killed a lot of enjoyment in this years release. I remember running my pass happy offense the first 3-4 seasons but felt I needed to change to the spread option to win (which hurts).

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

And that's the part that I simply don't get. I'm a spread option guy so that's what I run. Even though it was bad in '12 and horrible in '11 and '10, that's still what I ran because that's what I like. It never "killed a lot of enjoyment" for me because it's what I like. Who cares if it wasn't effective? I know I didn't and I still had a blast.

It drives me nuts when people simply go with whatever is the most effective. It's exactly like people whose favorite team is whichever team is the best one, simply because they're the best. They have no loyalty and don't stick with their team through the down times. They only like whichever team is winning and that's how it is with guys that only run the type of offense in NCAA which is the most beneficial for them.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I know man. I just had to compete with you. I switched because everyone else was using it so I didn't wanna be my old stubborn self and keep losing.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Jealously is an ugly creature ;)

I don't care for the spread and will stick with my Pro Style. Clearly I never had the issue with being overpowering over anyone else.

And if I have my say, I will be MSU next release. Would be kind of cool if we could do all one conference and duke it out every season vs 8 users.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yes on the one conference. B1G is the best option. :D let's have everyone get their favorite team and everyone else can draft the remaining.

dakota7 - Wisconsin
    Masler - Michigan St
    jello1717 - Michigan (unless he wants the last draft pick)
    Darkwing - Ohio St

Am I missing Anyone?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Jello already stated he didn't want Michigan during last off-season. Probably due to the fact they would be too dominant from the start. He did express interest in Indiana though.

blLL flo could have Purdue as well

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Ah forgot: blLL flo and purdue

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Did you say something about Northwestern?

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'd take them or Nebraska. Or even Maryland or Rutgers :D their uniforms are sick nasty

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm using MSU's pro combat against everyone lol

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Nebraska's vs Wisconsin were awesome, Northwestern has a few good choices including the all black with mat black helmets, Rutgers helmets are probably my favorite in NCAA, and I love all the combinations for Maryland

16. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

If I'm brought back PSU

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sounds good. I hope you're brought back

18. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Thought it was interesting that since I've been back everyone I've played runs your style of offense. Did blLL flo switch to this also or is he running his same O? I haven't changed over and don't ever see myself running it.

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

20. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

1) I've never played Madden so I wouldn't know. But if it factors in a players build, strength, speed, quickness, awareness, and agility better I'm all for it. For the life of me why this release has guards letting the LB's run straight through the gaps is beyond me. Or when you run from the I the FB lets the LB's go also. Basically anything to improve the OL is a plus. I can understand a smaller say 240 DE getting around the edge of a 300 OT, but no way should he be able to beast through a combo block of 600lbs+ OL. Same goes for 180lb RB's running through and shrugging off DE's, DT's, and LB's like their pop warner players.

2) Johnny Football

3) If it leads to better game play, less bugs, and quicker patch times then see ya.

I agree with jello1717 with recruiting ramped up. I would like to see recruiting coaches with territories and each coach have limited time and resources. There are only a handful of schools that can recruit all over the country. So say if your UVA most time will be spent in the DC, Balt, VA area, and then branch out to say the Carolinas, GA, FL, and maybe PA, WV, and Tenn. But I would say have recruiting budgets and as you go further out of your territory the more you spend out of your budget. Then tie your budget in with W’s and L’s, bowl games, BCS games, and MNC’s. Also you could throw in house visits, coaches visiting the player’s high school, unofficial visits, and then a head coach visit to the house. I'm not sure but I think NCAA BB has some of these features. When it comes to recruiting players of the same position I think a player’s interest should go down if a four or five star player commits, at some positions. You shouldn't be able to sign 2 four or five star QB's the same year, and if you do sign one the next year should be hard to sign one also. What I would love to see as one poster put on the 14 wish list is a spring game. Put it in right after the offseason when your board is set up. Have on week of recruiting and try and to get your top guys in the for the spring game which would help determine his top 10 list.

21. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I would gladly take Northwestern or Illinois (I would ideally want Wisco but I know they are dakota7 baby).

As far as the Madden system, I hope they bring it. I liked it.

I also hope things balance for me in NCAA 14. I am so done with 13 and am soooooo close to trading it in. I am legitimately thinking of just recruiting and running super sim on the web the rest of the season.

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't have to have Wisconsin. It depends on what conference set up is used, tbh.

23. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't think they could use Manziel because he's still an amateur. Has to be an outgoing senior (or someone who declared for the draft) I think.

24. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I wish they would give us control over more bowl games. It would be sweet if we could at least have the top 3 or 4 from each conference play in the smaller bowls. More user bowl games.

25. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

I enjoyed Maddens Physics engine, what turned me away from madden is its dull, static atmosphere. I thought the gameplay was pretty good.

I hope they add some new stuff to recruiting without breaking it, i enjoy how it is now, but it is really easy once you get established. Plus, there are too many superstar players available. You can literally have 3 RG3s on your Roster every year after your established lol. IMO the athletes are overpowered.... Too many Great Ath QBs available each year in the recruiting pool, It pretty much begs you to play Read Option.

I also hope they can find some kind of way to make the CPU more competitive, the CPU is just stupid lol cant recruit, cant playcall lol.

It would be coo to play in the same Conference next release, but some are gonna have to start with a conference bottom feeder unless we do custom conference....