NCAA 14 Set Up

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, May 24, 2013.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Masler

With the Playbook for dynasty mode dropping this coming Tuesday, something came up in my head. What happens if we can have more than 12 people? My thoughts: Pac-12 and B1G dynasty :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

It appears all 12 members are going to the B1G this next title.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ryno actually said in the chatbox today that increasing the amount of users is tough for them because of the way date compiles when you advance the week. My thoughts would also be the B1G is more than 12 teams, so if they did increase only by 2 users, we would stick with one conference. If they somehow managed to go to like 24 users, then yes...two conferences would be the ideal setup.

4. HoundsOfHowl

If we do only the B1G are we going to customize the conference as in changing it to East/West instead of the Leaders/Legends???

9 conference games and this set up

West - Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Northwestern and Purdue
    East - Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, and Indiana

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yes. Hopefully we do. It makes the most sense

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Yea and is that what the conferences will actually be? I like to keep things as realistic as possible at first.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Stayed at 12 didn't it?

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sadly.... I wanted my Wildcats out in Tuscon :(

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

So I could have the Devils?

Ahhhhh. The memories.

• Like Like x 1
  10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's a dark place.... Lets not bring it up

11. HoundsOfHowl

I think the first year they will remain what they are now but the 14-15 schedule they will become that. I'm on my phone or is give you the link. Search East/west b1g and you should find it

Edit : I also believe they took away protected rivalries for the b1g, thought I read that

Edit again: http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=75668&src=desktop

Indiana Purdue is the only protected rival

12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Boiler Up!

• Like Like x 1
  13. HoundsOfHowl

Anybody that's following the Dynasty improvements thread?

I seem a good point, if I was on my CPU I'd copy it, but here's it in a nutshell.

If the coaching progression seems to go real quick, the league should put limitations on how many skills you can max. Say there are 8 coaching skills all with three levels, we allow something like 4 to be maxed out and only up to 18/24 upgrades. Same with the recruiting skills. This way every coach is different and makes us be wise when choosing what to upgrade, play to our strengths and weaknesses.

Any thoughts on limiting these skills either way?

14. jello1717

Since there's a slider that controls the speed of progression, hopefully we wouldn't need this. That being said, I hate this idea. Using '13 as an example, if I've won the most national championships and conference championships, then my coach should be better than the dude that hasn't won anything. If we put in some arbitrary cap, then maybe I hit that cap in 3 years while the average dude hits it in 5 years. After that, he'll forever be just as strong of a coach as I am which is stupid.

If the progression is too quick (which I expect it to be since EA can't calibrate it for the dudes playing 10+ year dynasties since the bulk of their customer base will never play a dynasty for that long) and we did need to put in a cap to keep everyone from having maxed out coaches, then I'd want a tiered cap. I don't know if it should be based on team prestige or wins or championships or whatever, but there should be some tiers. If the top user coaches can only fill out 75% of their tree, then the weakest coaches should only be able to fill out 50% of his tree or whatever.

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Wouldn't the default progression be tiered naturally, since it's based on the success you have?

16. jello1717

But given the speed of the progression it'll only be tiered for so long. Like in my example, if I have great success and max my coach out in 3 years, the I have the advantage. But if the worst coach maxes his out in 5 years, it's no longer tiered.

EDIT:

Ideally, if we have the slider set on the slowest setting, it'd take a coach 10+ years, no matter how successful he is, to max out his skills. If that happens, then yes, there is no need for caps.

17. dakota7

I see what you mean.

18. HoundsOfHowl

I agree, I meant to put that in there, to have thrown in bonuses for completing certain goals. But we all know how EA is when implementing new features, so no telling how the "Slow" progression will work. Fast could mean 1-2 years, where as slow is 3-5. Where as it should be 7-10 to max out.

But who honestly wants a perfect coach??? If after 5 seasons everyone is on the same level that's no fun.

I think this should be a vote after some people get some testing done with the skill tree.

Have the restrictions on, but if you win conference champ or BCS bowl or Nat. Champ you get a bonus of some sort.

19. dakota7

I know up to this point, the consensus has been to use one conference (B1G). But after the dynasty announcements and the introduction of the coaching XP system, is there any interest in doing a crappy team rebuilder league or even a full blown coaching carousel league?

20. HoundsOfHowl

That'd be fun, but I don't see it flying here

21. jello1717

I fully expect to start as a crappy team (probably Indiana or Minnesota or perhaps Illinois) but I wouldn't do a carousel league. As I've always said I play this game for recruiting and building up my team. It doesn't get truly enjoyable until I e got my guys in there. Constantly leaving my guys to bring up more new guys isn't something I'd enjoy.

22. dakota7

I know you don't want to change teams. If you started as a crap BCS team, ie Indiana or Minnesota, you wouldn't have to leave, necessarily. But others could...?

23. jello1717

That's fine by me as long as you guys don't mind starting as a coordinator (which I'm assuming is what you're talking about) while I'm a HC (since of course there's no way to guarantee that I'll stay at Indiana otherwise.

24. dakota7

I'm just tossing ideas out there. The new progression system has me excited to really use that part of the game for once.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Like switching out Maryland with VT (y)