NCAA 2010: The Tradition IV Additional Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jun 27, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

NCAA 2010: The Tradition IV Additional Rules

#1 - Recruiting

We recognize that players have a significant recruiting advantage over the CPU, and we have established a few rules in an attempt to preserve some kind of balance.

1. Players must limit each year's class to the number of players leaving in that same year. Going over 70 players is penalized by a loss of ten hours of recruiting time per player over. Penalty is enforced from the first week until the time expires. Player may not spread out their penalty hours.

2. Players can take a number of four-star recruits equal to half the total number of players leaving that year. This number is rounded in our favor when necessary (ex. A class of 17 would have nine fours rather than eight).

3. Each player's potential recruiting class is based on their performance the previous year. In order to recruit five-star players, a team must meet the criteria listed below. If none of the conditions are met, the team may not recruit five-star players in the following season, but must still act according to rules 1 & 2 when they recruit.

• Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    • Win 10 games = recruit an additional 4 star player
    • Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    • No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player

Example:

Say I have 20 seniors on my team, I showed up for the my user vs user game(5 star recruit), and I didn't break and recruiting rules(4 star recruit).

At first, my recruiting board would look like this: 10 4-stars, 10 3-star and under = 20
    Based off my achievements the year before, it'd look like this: 1 5-star, 11 4-star, 8 3-star and under = 20

#2 - Switching Schools and/or Conferences
    1. You must stay at each school a minimum of 3 seasons to be considered for a switch

- and achieve one of these accomplishments in those 3 seasons
    2. If you are voted "Coach of the Year", you may switch schools
    3. If you won the National Championship, you may switch schools
    4. If you increased your schools' prestige by 3 stars, you may switch schools
    5. Your coaching prestige must also be equal to or greater than the prestige of the school you are going to switch too
    6. To switch A TEAM to a better conference or school, you must win 4 out of the last 5 conference championships OR 6 of the last 10
    7. Also, if you think you have reached the potential to change schools and you haven't accomplished some of the above we can debate on that and see what happens

#3 - Coaching Expectations and Criteria
    • Lose to a rival 4 out of five years, you lose the ability to recruit any 4 or 5 star athletes in their state.

These are not set in stone. If you would like to discuss a rule PM me or start a thread about it.

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

on # 2
    1.You must stay at each school a minimum of 3 seasons to be considered for a switch
    how about we add this to this statement
    or achieve one of these accomplishments in those 3 seasons
    2.If you are voted "Coach of the Year", you may switch schools
    3.If you won the National Championship, you may switch schools
    4.If you increased your schools' prestige by 3 stars, you may switch schools
    5.Win back to back conference championships you may switch schools
    6.Get invited to a BCS bowl you may switch schools
    I think that if you accomplish one of these feats you should have the ability to move on early
    I really like the recruiting bit.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

that is what the rule means...i think you interpreted it wrong, but that is understandable because of how I worded it.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

what if your rival is in your state such as bgsu,toledo,miami central michigan and western michigan? You can't stop recruiting in your home state. Also do you think these rivals should be user rivals only. I think that would be pretty cool prior to kickoff on july 14th we choose a tf4 rival.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That goes for all rivals, cpu or user, in your state or out. If you lose to a team 4 out of 5 times you lose the ability to recruit 4 and 5 star players from their state for ONE year...

say you are 1-3 against your rival and the fifth game you lose...you are now 1-4 and fall under that category..

the next season you can not recruit 4 or 5 star players from their state...if you lose the following year it continues...until you get a win..and then it resets i guess you'd say

If you lose to you're rival 4 out 5 times and they are in your state...kids arent going to want to go to your school

1. when we start out hardly and 4 or 5 stars will be interested in us...
    2. one year of having to recruit 3 star and under players will not kill you
    3. I am basically referring to all rivalry games listed as so

I sent everyone a PM...did you not get it york?

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

sorry you didn't put for one year
    Yes you are right 4-5 star guys will come few and far between anyway if we stay in the smaller conferences

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yessir i got it...Makes much more sense now. Plus this stick aint goin anywhere so....I can always come back here to read up.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I edited my original post...

getting invited to a BCS bowl is incredibly easy as is back to back conference championships
    but, once we get a few seasons in we will be able to make further assessments of the rules

9. Rules have been read

I have read the rules. Thanks

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

ok gotcha.

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

got it understand

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Read and agree. I do think that if we need to debate any of these at a later time, we'll be able to come back to the table.

13. Cool, I'm game.

14. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Read these rules.

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Read and completely agree with. Definitely like the idea of being able to switch schools after 3 seasons.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If you meet the qualifications...it won't be easy; won't be impossible.

17. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Oh, absolutely. I just like the ability to do so if I so choose. I'm much more of the type of person to stick with one school and build them up from nothing so I probably won't even be tempted to switch schools anytime soon.

18. SpreadOption

SpreadOption Walk On

Read and i like the rules. And Murk you know what team is truly in my heart

19. BDSDIGITAL

Please clarify something for me:

Year one we are limited to half the number of players leaving at 4 stars and everyone else 3 stars and under correct? No five star guys year one correct?

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Correct.

After that, you'll have the chance for 5 star players with the above guidelines.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, no 5 stars year one

22. BDSDIGITAL

Ok thanks both of you. I was just daydreaming while I was driving around today and trying to piece all of that together. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing started.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

fuck dude...you live in orlando!!

isnt that where ben haumiler and all those guys make the game...

this is what you do..go to a dollar store..by dark clothes and stuff..and just break in that place..

no big deal..then take pictures and post them on here for us to laugh at (y)

24. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

SIGNED i agree

25. BDSDIGITAL

There is a big building over on the North side that has a huge EA logo on it. I assume something is going on there. I went in there to apply for a job once. I didn't need a job but why the hell not? They weren't very receptive t osay the least. I guess that happens all the time. I probably could have helped their lame asses come out with a right and proper college football game. But what the hell do I know anyway.:cool: