NCAA 2011 – Expectations from the Commish’s

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

NCAA 2011 – Expectations from the Commish’s

With the release of the demo, hopefully everyone in here is getting excited about the upcoming release of NCAA 2011. With that said, I wanted to clarify what is expected of each of you as part of a premier dynasty here on TF, so that there is no confusion down the road.

As you may know, if you’ve been following some of the updates Drifter and Ryno have been posting in the Locker Room the past several months, there is going to be a ton of functionality between the main TF website and our forums. As T3 is one of the premier OD’s on the site, it will be linked to on the main website allowing easy viewing of content by people browsing the site. It’s really important to Perry and I, as commissioners, and to site management that we ensure that all the premier OD’s are maintaining a high standard for content and discussion on the comings and goings of a dynasty.

Content in a premier OD has to go beyond just posting your game summary and scheduling games. That is expected of all TF dynasties, but in premier dynasties the expectation is that everyone in the dynasty is doing their part to generate content and discussion regarding things such as team rankings, recruiting battles, awards races, conference standings, etc.

Over the past several months since I took over as commissioner I’ve tried to keep the content moving, and in general there wasn’t much content being added by many others. I understand that as we got into the spring, motivation for NCAA 2010 started to lag, but once we hit the ground running with 2011 that needs to change. Perry and I will be monitoring the activity of each member in the OD, and if we feel anyone isn’t doing their part in generating quality content, we will address issues accordingly.

We’re not trying to come across as heavy handed, but at the same time, we all need to understand what type of dynasty works best for each of us. If you aren’t really into discussing things on the forums beyond posting the result of your games then you should perhaps look into joining one of the many great non-premier dynasties that are available here on the site.

We’d like to have everyone sign off on this thread that they are in agreement with our ‘manifesto’ on content for 2011. Also, it would be great if anyone wants to step up and volunteer to track things such as recruiting (maybe tracking top 5 recruits at each position or something) or other topics (power rankings, user MVP or user all-americans for example) for 2011 that would be great.

Your friendly neighborhood commissioners,
    Papa Perry & Dru50

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

ok.

I'll do whatever, you know me.

Edit: What about a players of the week type thing....or a take off of sportscenter top 10 every week or something like that?

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

this will be my 1st NCAA premier league and I am willing to do my part. I'm probably best suited to do power rankings as I am still somewhat new to the OD being a Madden guy. Once I get more familiar with how things work I will volunteer for other tasks so just throw some ideas at me guys.

Really looking forward to being a part of this league.

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I am in agreement. I will take on something dealing with the top recruits in the nation, and recruiting battles going on.

I also think it is important that we don't just start strong. I've seen leagues were they started strong at the beginning, but they fell off quick. I think we need to maintain our commitment to the league year round, not just for the first couple of months.

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

*bump*

Come on guys, let's hear that people are in agreement here.

BTW - Beazus, Perry and I have decided that your content responsibility is to stop slacking and start putting pictures of half-naked co-eds in your game summaries again.

(y)

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im with you guys. I can do the recruit tracking in this OD. Top 25 or Top 5 at each position. Something of that nature.

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

That is an EXCELLENT IDEA sir! I got a column for ya guys once 11 drops. Think Girls of the (Insert Conference Here) without the nudity (shame). I fell off as the months passed, but I like my 11 team (with the best stadium in college football) so that should help me stay on top of the content requirements for our league. Gotta go do some content "research" now ...

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I can probably come up with an user AA team.

9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am up to the challenge.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm good to go as always. Little too late to think of any original ideas but I'll try coming up with something by the time NCAA 11 drops.

11. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Sorry, was drinking...alot.

I agree, you know you'll have no problems with me Dru.

Perry on the other hand...

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Kiss my ass...

And I agree to the rules.

13. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You know you missed me lol

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea just remember that Dru has given me the duty as co-commish. So I'm gonna be looking to get the power to hand out sanctions. And don't think that just because you're UNLV that you won't get SMU'd. lol

15. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I'm in agreement. This is my first premier dynasty, but I will whatever I can to be an active member.