NCAA 2011: Gameplay Video

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 20, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oh please don't be finished.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

The player models looked nothing like the snapshots haha.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

spin move at 0:50 kinda hitches and then goes into the spin

5. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

The CD guys said the video doesn't do the game justice. If that's true EA probably shouldn't have released it lol. I didn't see a whole lot difference from the past either. I'm not going to panic though. Screenshots do nothing for me and videos only do so much. I prefer reading actual impressions over that stuff and I'll trust the CD guys from NCAA Strategies and Rynoaid until I get my hands on the demo. I do think all the higher expectations for NCAA 11 took a notch downward.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The complete whiff by the LT at 0:22 makes me not want to buy this game. It's the same BS that happens in `10. When has a LT ever attacked a DE during pass blocking? The DE should at least have to work around him, not just get whiffed on and have an unabeited 10 yard sprint to the QB. WTF?

Also, there still appears to be a lot of moonwalking and timeshifting going on with the animations and the upper body is still extremely quiet/robotic when running.

Any high hopes I had are being diminished.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

why they would show everything from replay mode is the question i have. I wish they would have released actual gameplay footage from the gameplay camera.

i liked the game when i played it, it was ALPHA though, so many things were still being worked on... it feels much different from '10 IMO, but its still the same core engine.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Well I guess we will have to just wait for the demo.

9. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

That just soothes my soul...

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I thought it looked pretty good....but maybe I'm just easy to please, i dunno.

11. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

wow! that spin move smh, i won't be negative because that wasnt really a gameplay footage imo, it was more like opening credits highlights. besides that brantly scramble this vid did more hurt than help imo

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can someone link to a youtube version if it is there?

13. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

14. GoGators

Remember a couple years ago when they talked so much about procedural awareness and the guys actually having vision and looking at the ball?

What is going on with the opening scene where the guy catches the punt? He stands hunched over and never even looks up, then the he magically catches the ball w/o ever looking at it. Can't say I've ever seen that on Saturday.

15. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Doesn't look too bad. I just really hope they don't use a completely different engine. I want the gameplay to be simlilar, just tweaks to make it more realistic and sim. I like the speed.

16. GoGators

OK, so to add something positive. It looks like they got rid of the psychic defensive AI. See the ND WR at 0:34. He makes his cut and the defender actually reacts to it instead of anticipating it. Timing patterns might work this year!

17. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

The gameplay camera as in the only gameplay camera or one of the gameplay cameras? Just curious.

18. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

PROMISING! YES!

19. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've never been one to bash a game before it even comes out, but I'm really, really surprised that EA released that vid. It looks really terrible. The Illinois player's spin move is beyond horrible. Brantley's scramble is nice, but the pass was terrible (off the back foot -> perfect throw -> receiver doesn't look for the ball but reaches out to catch it). The Florida TE's catch where he never looks back, but still slows down for the underthrown ball anyway and then looks up @ the last second to catch it is terrible. The aOSU players perfect 90 degree cut with no loss of speed and then next 90 degree cut followed by spin move was horrendous. The HB (clemson?) who's running @ full speed and then knocked on his ass by the Oregon LB who's pretty much standing still. Etc, etc.

This is alpha footage so it doesn't diminish my hopes for the game, but that video was so beyond terrible that I'm shocked they even released it.

20. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im hoping it looks different/better with the camera angle they use in-game.

22. GoGators

0:06-0:07, if you watch closely, you can see a ref flash through almost as if he's trying to make the tackle hahahah. The ref wouldn't be anywhere near a punt returner....

23. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

He goes by so fast you practically just have to pause it to see him on the screen...

24. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

I have watched this video over and over and it is being criticized all over the web on every gaming site. Operation Sports, Pastapadre, and NCAAstrats.
    It didn't look the best to me and they really have a whole lot they need to work on. However, I'm still excited about the game.
    Did it knock out some of the hype and appeal for me? Yes. But I love football and like to play it, so I'll be ok.

25. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I agree completely 100%.....this game fucking rocks and I will play it balls to the wall no matter what...lol

There are some cool new features coming so of course I am excited as usual.