NCAA 2011 ROSTER DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by luvtotha9s, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

NCAA 2011 ROSTER DISCUSSION

July is on its way bros! lots of things on the horizon.....stay tuned

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

really looking forward to the addition of such a quality roster project.... luv's rosters are probably the most thorough and recognized in the community on the PS3.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Will his rosters also be available for XBOX 360?

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we will be working on a solution for that. No definitive answer just yet, but i would like to get a version ported over to the 360. Would take somebody stepping up and working with luv to get it done.

we will definitely try to make it happen...

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'd be willing to step up and make templates for 360. It requires a good bit of research but it really helps in the entering process. The hardest part is finding rosters online for the smaller schools.

Another thought would be this:

I have both a 360 and PS3. I can get a second TV and as luv updates his EA Locker I can download it and change them on the 360. I could also work on other teams and update luvs file for him with the teams I have named

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

cool Papa, yea definitely work with Luv's on what he thinks might be the best way to go about it. I just want to make sure the 360 version is identical in every way to what Luv does on the PS3.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

When we get around to starting the roster project, I'm definitely willing to help out.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't have much time in the way of entering info on the 360, but I'd definitely be willing to help do some research. Just let me know

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Cool. I'll see about finding a good example of a template from the romancaesar roster project so everyone will know what we will need as far as research.

10. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

I'm already fired up fellas.....First things first guys....I'm a very hands on kind of cat...so as far as someone sending me stuff...thank you I appreciate that...as of now I intend on doing the initial naming stage solo...who knows...I may change my mind as things proceed..so I hope a wait and see apporach will suffice for now... I would rather bear the brunt of the beast.....so the help you guys could give me, would be ratings suggestions,ie speeds.hands..strength..guys that arent on the rosters that should be.guys that are on the roster and shouldn't be,good insight from lower rated teams...major prospects that arent getting proper ranking..guys that are overated.. and pretty much any suggestion you have...I love making these rosters as right as humanly possible.....cross your fingers that we have more roster spots!!!..I have been making my own rosters for a long time...so I have a pretty tried and true routine of doing my thing.....post on here, what needs to be looked at.....and the proper steps will be taken.....I love feedback....I wont always use everyones suggestion....but you can at least know that all suggestions within reason will be looked at....Bring on July

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

how would you suggest we replicate for 360. Do you have an xbox or would you need someone to transpose your PS3 work over to the XBOX

PS: fixed your sig for you.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Luv have tou ever considered a more distributed rating system? I noticed in last year's rosters there weren't a lot of D or D+ squads. What are your thoughts on that? The only reason I ask is because in Madden the rating scale is much more diverse. The only reason that is benefical is because if a guy is a superstar you can really tell on the field where as in NCAA player ratings are so close that it seems that there isn't a huge difference between a SEC school RB and a WAC RB. Let me know your thoughts.

13. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

Frisk...as you know....its tough to make a team real bad...when they have a couple pro prosepects in a few positions it makes the ratings system skewed...lets just see what we have to start with....and i'm sure we can come to some consensus to what's just exactly perfect

14. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

transpose would be the way to go

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

alright, i think Papa Perry volunteered to help out since he has a PS3 and XBOX.. so i think that will work out nicely. Probably need another guy or two to help him... but i think we can get it covered.

16. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

keep in mind there are several stages to my rosters....the initial naming stage,hometowns included,checking everyones skin tone and accuracy of name spellings...Ratings are an ongoing thing throughout,Equipment,depth chart placement, and that changes throughout the season as we all know....I guess thats why they call it a project

17. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

another thing i will need help with is: when there is not an available picture of a player on the net...I would need confirmation on the accurate appearance from someone in the know....as we progress I will make a list of...we'll call them "The Unknown Players"

18. Emmdotfrisk

Sounds good luv. Btw glad you got your sig workin finally haha

19. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I would love to help out anyway I can. I figure I will be most useful, if you need some help, with the Sun Belt, and specifically North Texas.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Wish EA would release you the rosters in June bro.

21. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

that would be sweet now....wouldn't it?

22. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I really like this suggestion. I have been making my own rosters since the 06 game was released and I have had some great feedback, both from friends and from members of dynasties. I would love to help out with the 360 version and I totally agree with frisk. We should do our rosters more madden-like. That way when a team from the SEC is playing a mountain west team, the score will most likely be in favor of the SEC by at least three touchdowns or more. Thats just the way things are in real life. The ratings for some teams, like those lower ranked teams, should have some starters in the 65-70 overall range, or lower. That's just balance. Even some of the higher ranked teams should have some lower level starters. We should just do our best to create as much balance as possible. After all, isn't that what we're here for?

Another thing is that i've noticed the rookies on the rosters aren't ever accurately done at all. Sometimes the rookies who were ranked #1 coming out of high school are 10 or more points lower than those who may have been ranked #100! I think we should do our best to take a bit of extra time on the rookies this year. Since they are the future in our dynasties.

If possible, we should do our best to start up on our rosters in june.

Feedback......

23. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

ratings are such a subjective thing guys......we have to take a wait and see approach.....I do not buy into the fact that all lower level conference teams would lose to the sec by three touchdowns everytime....I feel there are good teams all over college football....and if they are good in real life, or not good in real life...I will do everything humanly possible to make it just right....but as of now.....its purely speculative.....we havent even seen the initial ratings.....know this fellas....I am with you guys in making these rosters as accurate as possible,thats all i ever strive for...and why I'm here

24. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Agreed. Like i said. Those were just some suggestions. I'm with you. Any help you need on 360, I'm in.

25. Emmdotfrisk

I wasn't really suggesting there be a huge difference from team to team but more difference from player to player. For example in Madden if Percy or Hester is returning a kick you almost don't want to kickoff to them because they are such playmaker's on the return with the attributes and characteristics. In NCAA it doesn't matter who you put back there its hit or miss 20 yard line returned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.