NCAA 2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, May 19, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Not sure if everyone saw it, but our suspicions were correct and some form of a coaching carousel is in for NCAA 2012. I don't know that this really impacts our planned Big 10/Pac 12 approach, but as more information comes out we can determine if we want to rethink our set-up for the 2012 game cycle.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Well based on Shaun's comment it appears the carousel can be turned off. However, there is a bunch of other stuff we can talk about, like destroying the Big 12 Conference. :)

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

As long as I can stay at UCLA I don't care what we do :)

4. Dru50

I didn't get the impression it could be turned off, I just got the impression it's definitely in online dynasty for this year.

If people can get fired for having one or more bad seasons, we may need to rethink going to 3 conferences so that we don't have someone get kicked from their team due to going 0-6 in user games and maybe dropping a CPU game along the way.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I honestly think you will be able to reassign the user back to the school. It may destroy their program stability but hey in real life they'd do it too...

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You have to be able to turn this off you would think...makes no sense for this option not to be in game.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I took a snapshot of the video for you guys. You can turn it off...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dru50

Thanks for the info Frisk.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Dammit guys I missed the tag Dru sent me or some sh## , sorry I was MIA for all the voting and whatnot....

I don't know about you guys but the anticipation for this is killing me lol, feel like Cartmen in that episode of south park where he froze himself instead of waiting for the Wii :D

Hope everyone is doing well over here

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

go ahead and freeze yourself.... but make sure someone is there to thaw you out.

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I totally missed the tag as well. Geez what happens around here....

I hope that you can be reassigned to a team you were just fired from (one would HAVE to think that the commish has full power over assigning a coach to a team, regardless of the team state of affairs). If so I would want the contracts on to give the cpu a different look, especially for the bad teams. In this way the lower prestige teams can be totally different and on the rise in a couple years instead of continuing in their misery throughout the dynasty. Also, I don't know about what you guys think of the whole prestige thing, if we wanna stay as is, or all start from a set prestige and try to move up, but commish has the power to change prestige ratings for all users as well, so that's something to talk about.

12. Jayrah

I would like a crack at our LOGO for the Grandaddy. Not sure if anyone else wants to try and design one as well? Maybe we could have a vote for the best one if multiples want to give it a go. I made one for the night owls (see my avatar or in night owls thread there is a bigger shot under the NO Logo sub forum)

13. Cheez

Jayrah - you did a phenominal job with the logo for N.O.. The one thing is that I dont know how sold everyone is on "The Granddaddy". (check your pm)

14. Dru50

I think we should wait until the game is closer to release and more details are available before we decide our final set-up. I usually like to wait for the first named rosters before starting the dynasty, so that will give us a couple of weeks after launch to fiddle around with this.

15. Dru50

Ryno did the logo's for all the premier leagues last year. If you want to take a shot at designing one once we are 100% set on the league name, go for it. Just remember that it will need to be something on a white background, since I think site management wants some consistency in the logos for presentation purposes on the main website. You could put one together and I can send it to Ryno for him to take a look at.

16. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Where do I go to get signed up for a potential NCAA 12 League?

17. Jayrah

From our friend Steelerfan (community attendee) over at TGT regarding user coaches in dynasty:

For those wondering, I just got the following clarification regarding the ability to create a new coach mid-dynasty and stay at the school you just got fired from (the NSU TeamBuilder question)...

...in an offline dynasty you can still create new human controlled coaches inside of the dynasty and assign them to the team you want, so if they get fired as the head coach of their created school, they can "retire" that coach and create a new coach to take over the reins of their created school.

In an online dynasty you can do it as well, but it might require an additional step from the commish (depending on what they have set for everyone's initial job prestige/position). If you get fired from your 6-star created school, you can quit the dynasty and rejoin, but if the commish has it set so that all new coaches have to start as a 1-star coordinator, they will need to go into dynasty setup and edit that initial job setting so that you can take back your job at your created school.

Thank you to Ben Haumiller for clearing this up for the community.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dru50

Good find Jayrah.

19. Jayrah

Thanks Dru. I find it kind of intriguing if we were to do something like set an initial prestige rating for everyone, because if you get fired you could potentially take back over your school and still feel like you had to start over and rebuild a little bit. It would add an extra element of challenge to the users without the ultimate penalty of not being able to return to their school. Would actually give me the sense of an "owner" or "a.d." mode, where you would actually "hire" a new coach to the school as the a.d. and all of the challenges of taking over the team exist again mid dynasty for the same user. That is kinda cool imo.

20. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

@Dru50

I was thinking we could discuss what everyone's responsibilities will be for next season in terms of content. I know the league name needs to be address. The TBL sounds good, or TBD (to be determined) would work as well, even Waiting for Next Year (WNY). But What i want to know is what type of content are you looking for. I tried the podcasts in T3, and I think I will be trying them again for next year. Other ideas I have is maintaining the record books better. In each league I have seen attempts to accomplish this, but it slowly fizzles, I think COC is the only league that keeps good record keeping. What I am looking for is that after each season we have, the conference standings, BCS Bowl Results, Heisman Winner, and All American, and All Conference Teams are added into a separate section.

Other ideas is incorporating the twitter page from Night Owls, we can call it something different, but I like how everyone can chime in and give brief snippets about how their team is doing, talk trash, or wallow in their misery.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dru50

I don't want to 'assign' content to anyone, but if someone has something they'd really like to add content-wise I'm all for it.

In terms of recordkeeping, I plan on doing that myself, and since this is my only league I should have the time for that without an issue. I also plan on doing the yearly MVP and maintaining a Hall of Fame that will be tracked throughout the course of the league.

I was hoping you'd continue the podcasts, those were great. If there is a way to get someone to help you with them that would be cool as well. Since I'm out west now, maybe we can do some podcasts together during lunch hours.

One piece I've content that I would like help with is for someone (or several someones) to discuss recruiting. Something along the lines of in-season recruiting updates, discussion of specific guys, etc. I'd also like for everyone to track their recruiting classes and what ratings each guy comes in at, so that every few seasons we can look back at how recruits progressed into stars or duds.

22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I would gladly track the history stuff for us, I love that kinda stuff. Also, out of green-ness , not lazyness, I am probably the least talented person in here in regards to content. I enjoyed doing the game of the week in RMG, but I would even back up our records on a ext hard drive ( if not my cat would likely eat the records lol)

I am game for about anything at this point, so excited for the 12 its hard to play the 11 :D

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I've tried to keep history for the Night Owls and have failed miserably. Once we made the jump to the new boards, my tables got all jacked up and It just kind of got stuck there. But I plan on trying to do that for the Night Owls next version and stay on top of it.

I'll come up with something to add here content wise too. Not sure what yet but something. Im sure @gowazzucougs will need his Losers Lounge over here too ;)

24. Cheez

Coaches' Corner, perhaps?

25. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I love recruiting talk and can do something with that. Spotlighting some recruits, going over recruiting battles etc etc.