NCAA 2012 Ideas/Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Apr 3, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

What would you guys like to see in this league in 2012 moving forward? I know it will be easier to discuss once this draft is over and we have a finalized roster, but lets get some general ideas ironed out and stay ahead of the curve.

As soon as the draft is complete I want to get team selection finalized ASAP. It will make things easier for us in the future and help us get some foundation content set before the game releases.

A couple quick ideas from me:

-I want to set up some sort of home-and-home or conference challenge system for the non-conference user games. Hova had a nice setup in the Legacy where conferences competed against each other, though that wouldn't work too well here with only 3 conferences. Home-and-Home rotations would be a good way to make sure everyone plays each other on a rotating basis.

-I'd like to get some sort of record book setup for us at the beginning of next season. Nautica and I have already discussed a couple options regarding this idea, such as team pages or his GOAT record book. Since the Big Ten and Pac Ten look like they will both be included in this league next year, a Rose Bowl winner record would be a good idea too.

-My favorite part about these games is recruiting and building your team. I'd like to figure out a way to better keep track of everyone's recruits throughout their careers and not loose track of them after one season. We're doing a good job this season in producing recruiting content but I want to see something more involved for the new game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Team pages are very nice, and really not hard to do if you have the know-how. I have an excel spread sheet, that hopefully if they don't change the DW around, that we can use for next season. It has all the bb code implemented so all you have to do is just copy and paste. Also within the team pages I include my recruiting classes every season as to keep track of them. When this season is all done you guys will see a complete year cataloged, and can follow suit if you wish. It would be nice for next release if we could have everyone doing it.

Scheduling is a pain in the tail, if you can make something work and keep the balance, then great. As long as there are a set amount of user games and we could keep as many of the rivalry games as possible on everyone's schedule, I'm not picky about who I play and who I do not.

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'll refrain from saying anything as technically I'm not a part of the league.. 'Fingers crossed though' :p

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I know I haven't made my decision yet, but one thing I'd suggest prior to going into the draft is to set up a schedule for offseason nights. For example find a day and time now that works for everyone in the league and make sure the guys you draft can also make that time. That's the only place this league has failed in my eyes is getting everyone together for an offseason to keep things rolling. We've probably got close to a month spent in offseason stuff for `11.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I agree. We need a better offseason set up next year. Hard to say a certain night will be the designated night, but I do think we need to be willing to find subs as needed.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I would suggest doing 12 or 24hr advances during the weekdays if we advance into offseason during the week, and then finish up on the weekend. No matter how you do it, there is always going to be a problem getting everyone around to do offseason on a weekday. I like doing the offseason in the mornings on weekends, getting it done and out of the way in the morning, and getting the preseason stuff done, so by the time we jump on later in the day we will be in week one.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

The one thing about finding subs is that unless they recover your tag, your program stability goes in the toilet.

8. dakota7

I agree. But you can always change your password if its that big of a deal. Its just the better alternative to missing the offseason entirely. There has to be some compromise there when we schedule.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Like I said here
    I think this is a good solution so that everyone has a chance to be involved in the offseason. Doing 12hr advances isn't hard if you have someone who can advance mid-day.

10. dakota7

I really think, generally speaking, we put too much of an emphasis on the offseason. Unless you're in a bonus recruits top 3 you don't realistically have a shot at them in the offseason. The majority of the recruiting is done during the regular season. It's all about players leaving, which is almost always done before an actual offseason night, and position changes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

We should set an advancement schedule, like setting the deadline of 48hrs for CPU games and 72hrs for User games. Since this is our main focus, we shouldn't have problems making this advance schedule. The key is communication here though. If a guy can't make the 48hr mark and needs the extra 24, then as long as he communicates that he should be fine. In no way should we ever go past 72hrs ever.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dakota7

I'd like to see us move a little faster next year. I'm not advocating for Deuce speed, but 48 hours with extensions for user games as needed should be a general rule.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dakota7

Stop reading my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

You are correct here. I don't see though the problem of always doing the offseason on weekends though. Like I said if we finish up during the week, we can advance at 12hr intervals until we hit Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday. I have done this in quite a few leagues here, and it actually makes everyone happy.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Should I stop "Liking" your posts too

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I agree, I think we've been moving at a pretty solid pace minus that week I was gone. You can tell that the interest level and content production really increased when we started moving quickly again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dakota7

I don't have a problem with weekends at all. I didn't mean to give that impression, sorry. I absolutely agree with 12's until we get to a time (weekend)to get together.

Don't ever stop liking posts!

• Like Like x 1
  18. dakota7

Our season 7 pace is perfect and I'd love to keep it going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  19. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Just putting my two cents in I agree with Gators that off seasons need to be done in one night. Based on my experiences I have had in different leagues, one nighters are just better. You get everything done, and can move onto the next season quickly. Everyone can chat together while doing the offseason activities building the community closer. In addition You probably lose a season of the course of the year doing advances every 24 hours.

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yeah the one night offseason is definitely the way to go. It's good for everyone to get on and complain at each other for a couple hours haha.

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I do agree that we should do offseason's in one night, but we will never be able to get everyone on during the weeknights, especially with the diverse crowd we have, and will have. It just makes more sense to do 12's till the weekend, then we can all pound out the rest in one shot.

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I agree with the pace discussion. One thing I would add that would add a little spice would be doing a conference challenge similar to the one we had in the Legacy. With a PAC 10 / Big 10 Set up it would give us some Rose Bowl re-matches likely.

Nautica's GOAT team is a great idea as well. How about annual All E-League teams with a couple committees to select the offense and defense?

I would be willing to help keep up the team history and record books as well as bowl records.

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

One other idea I had, and this can even start now, is more preseason content.

I think we need to get some sort of regular preseason stuff going: key players leaving, position battles for open spots, expectations...etc. We've had a little bit of this off and on but if we can make it regular I think people will take more of an interest in each other's teams and generate a little more discussion throughout the season.

24. dakota7

I'd kind of like to take the home and home thing a step further....assuming we do a 3 conference set up.......and have a home and home with a team from each of the other conferences. Hopefully this will balance at least 2 conference user games with 2 ooc user games. We can start the first pairings based on whatever we want...........I was thinking we use the team rating system and match the best team from each conference together, the second best together, etc. Then for year three we rotate based on the original rankings.

This might make schedules a little more complicated, but hopefully EA improves scheduling a little next release.

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I would think that with a 3 conference set-up that each person would play their 2 ooc games against each conference would be a no brainer, if we ended up going with a 4 setup then going the route that the legacy goes would be the best route. we just need to choose one or the other.