NCAA 2012: Season 1 Scheduling

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jul 15, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    No requests for me

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Please keep BYU on my schedule every season.

For OOC users, I'd like GoGators

4. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Im good for season 1

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Doesn't really matter, but I've never played randy, edge, texaco, jello or wildcat.

6. jello1717

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'll be MIA until Aug 14/15 so please try to keep me from having user games until then if possible. Especially Wisconsin!

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I would like to play GoGators on one of the early weeks while he is still away. If this is the only way I can get a win from him, so be it.

In all seriousness, I have no personal requests. I leave this in your hands.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Whatever is easiest for you to do, I'm good with.

10. jello1717

JCspartan2 --

In the bug/glitch thread, Hova said that his custom conference "begin conference game week" setting is broken and doesn't work. I'm guessing that you probably planned on using that to make OOC user games easier to schedule, so just giving you a heads up.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Thanks. We might have to wait for the next patch.

12. jello1717

I'm not sure if this particular issue would kill an OD or just make scheduling tougher. Maybe HovaTheGodMC can comment.

Here's what he wrote:

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm still going to send out invites tonight. If it turns out this glitch really fucks with us I can still sent the invite out again on Monday. I don't plan on us getting to the regular season until Sunday/Monday anyways.

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

No request for me. I'm ready to play some of you finally :)

15. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

i won't be on till tom eveing.

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I am heading down the shore early tomorrow morning for the remainder of the weekend. Please tag me as soon as you send invites so I can join in prior to leaving.

17. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

The schedules don't work.. I've tried to make custom schedules many times already with no luck. I've set it up not to have conference play until week 4 or 5 yet some teams have conferences game the first 5 games of the season and you can't switch those. :(

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well WTF EA!!!!!!

Any word on when the next patch is?

19. AJ Hart MN

I sure as hell don't know.. I just said screw it and started my OD anyways. It's basically scheduling just like last year. I was all excited about the new custom schedule's but I just knew it was too good to be true. Another thing, I don't know if your planning on using the CC but it's buggy as shit. I just decided to not use it since my league wasn't a full blown CC league anyways. About the editing of players once the OD has started, that too doesn't work. I tried changing a position of a player not on my team and it wouldn't let me. The only team the commish can edit is his own.

20. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

If that stuff gets fixed via patch, does it effect our dynasty if we have already started?

21. jello1717

Usually the patch will work on an existing OD, but I'd imagine that if you chose not to use the CC when starting the OD, that option would be stuck for the entire OD.

@AJ Harnt MN --

When you say the "schedules don't work" are you talking only about using custom conferences to have everyone's conference games start the same week, or do you mean custom schedules in general (IE. Changing user Utah's wk2 game from FCS to Northwestern)?

EDIT:
    For the record, I'm very much in favor of using CC even though I'll never leave Utah. I'd love to have the CPU coaches changing schools and taking their styles with them (I think in one of the pre-release vids I saw GT's HC taking his triple option to Texas!)

22. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I highly doubt - and this is speculative - that the patch is retroactive for any existing OD. I say this from experience with past EA games as well as SCEA (MLB The Show).

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

EA's patches in last years games fixed some of the issues, but we didn't have bugs like this with the scheduling or new features like CC.

24. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Right, so I can see the scheduling issue be fixed whereas CC requires a restart. What about the end of season issue that I have been hearing about?

25. AJ Hart MN

You can still change non-conference games. You just can't have everyone start conference play in week 4 for example. I think it's more of an issue when making custom conferences so you guys should be fine. I was excited to give everyone in the dynasty the same bye weeks and everything but it's not too big of a deal. The setting of cross division rivals does work though. (y)