NCAA 2012 Team Selection Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 1, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Pac 12, Big 10 11 12, and ACC/SEC would be fun, that way each conference would have a championship game.

3. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, those were actually the three I had in mind.

4. fuzzyl0gic

As far as team selection goes, I like to use a random lottery system.

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

since this is The Rise, why not do non BCS conferences, excluding TCU, Boise St, Utah, etc....?

6. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    TCU is going Big East and I think Utah is going Pac 10. I would normally agree as that ebing an interesting idea, but with the conference realignment, the non BCS school's are few and far between.

7. gwill

i forgot the realignment, but even with that that would make playing w/non BCS teams even better b/c when you do come up it makes you feel that much more rewarding.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

The only issue with non BCS is people begin to lose interest when one team in the conference starts to dominate everything. I like the Big 10, ACC/SEC and maybe Big 12, that way recruiting is competitive like it is now. If we go non-BCS I will probably leave due to me only wanting Michigan State

9. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I agree, it seems like there is alot of interest for ACC/SEC/Bit 10 and Big East teams.

10. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

If we keep the Pac 10(12) I think I'll switch back to ASU before the CPU gets a chance to ravage the roster. If not I'm fine with staying in the Big Ten as it's been pretty fun playing with Iowa.

11. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

How will the draft lottery order be selected?

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think it should go either you stick with your current team and if you choose not to, then you go into the lottery

13. fuzzyl0gic

I will probably stick with BCS conferences.

The only purpose for a "random lottery" is to create a fair team selection environment. I will create a list with all of our coaches, and use this site http://www.random.org/lists/ to create a random order for selecting teams.

As far as "The Rise", we might have to change the name. This year I'd rather people be able to select their favorite teams (if the conference they are in is in included of course) so that they will be more interested in providing content/ staying with the league.

How about Pac 10(12)?, Big Ten, and ACC? It would mean we have teams on the east coast, west coast, and mid-west, and it would make recruiting a little easier maybe with us spread out all over the country.

14. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    That works! I was thinking maybe it'd be cool if we were all in one region so we are recruiting against eachother. So like ACC, Big East, Big 10, but whatever works for me.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sounds good to me in terms of recruiting. Each reach should be pretty competitive. With MSU I would probably give more content than I do now, it's nice to have a clean slate to work with.

16. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I think people will lose interest long term using the non bcs schools. It would be nice to pick whatever team you want to pick. For instance I really want to use my favorite team South Carolina. Not a big fan of the lottery system b/c once again people might lose interest playing with a team they could care less about. Just my two cents.

17. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

This sounds perfect, I like the lottery system because it forces you to pick a team that you may not be familiar with, that way you kind of grow with the team as it gets better.

18. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Not too picky, as long as my team isn't terrible and I can work with it.

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Yea same here I usually prefer not playing with my favorite team.

20. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Who's your favorite team?

21. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Maryland Terrapins

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I just prefer MSU because I get bored with offline dynasties and they never seem to be available in my Premier league, plus they are my favorite and it makes the game (and winning lol) that much more enjoyable.

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Give me Purdue god knows they have a lot of talent the coach is just awful.

24. gwill

If we do favorite teams, will stars matter? I ask b/c my favorite team is Ohio State and I've noticed that a lot of the other guys favorite teams would fit the definition of "The Rise"

25. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Well I work for the Maryland football team so I guess I am a little too close now so not seeing stuff as accurately as I know it to be really annoys me.