NCAA 2012

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Mar 18, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

@CharlestonUSC
    @recchem2000
    @MaslerBoros16
    @Big Suge Knight
    @AJ Hart MN
    @fuzzyl0gic
    @GoGators
    @dakota7
    @gowazzucougs
    @blLL flo

It's never too early to start getting organized for next years game. I want to get things started by discussing team and conference alignment.

Do we want to stick with fixed conferences? Or do we want to allow people to play as whoever they would like, regardless of conference? This league was actually founded on the idea that everyone would play as their favorite team, regardless of conference affiliation, and that would help people stay dedicated to this league. I'm fine with either approach.

I know that some of you want to play around with some teams before you decide once the new game drops, but what are you all thinking right now as far as your team choice? I would encourage people to play as their favorite team even if they are a lower tier team. Personally, this will probably be my only league next year and I plan on staying at MSU.

Everyone please respond with your thoughts and I'm going to make a sticky thread with a tentative team lineup for next years game.

Note: If you do not plan on sticking around for 2012 please let me know so I can work on a replacement sooner than later.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA is my favorite team...no surprise there. The problem I have is I will most likely be taking them in my own OD.

Im up for going wherever the guys that stay up past 11pm EST go. I know my schedule isnt going to change any with the kids and living on the west coast so I gotta do what I gotta do. So I defer to Wazzu, Bill and dakota on this and will likely follow them.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

UCLA cheerleaders are hot, btw.

I'm good pretty much anyway we decide to go as a group. I'd rather see a limit on the number of conferences, either 2 or 3, just to keep most of our user games in conference. My first choice would probably be to stay at FSU, but I'm not married to it.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I would like to coach UNC.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

No chance for getting MSU...hmmm decisions decisions....who should I take?

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Again if we do this by favorite school WSU would be the choice, but I think we need to limit the conferences to 2 or 3. Again I don't have a problem rolling with another school because if I am with recchem next year in Night Owls I will be rolling with the Cougs in that dynasty.

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

South Carolina for sure

8. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  9. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

My favorite sport team of any kind is Florida St so obviously they are my first choice.. I do however understand Dakota has been here for a long time and if he want's them, they are his. I may have a chance to be them in my other OD so no biggie.

After the Noles, I'm all about the Big-10, I do like Michigan but Suge has them and I wouldn't mind taking on the rebuilding project that is the Minnesota football program. Basically, I can go wherever and find a team and be happy.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Honestly, in my experiences, you have to look at a 2 conference setup. We tried 4 conferences this year and it was lame. We moved to three the past couple seasons and it's still too spread out in my opinion. I think two is the way to go. This far into the dynasty games against the CPU are lame cause they don't know how to recruit. Unless I hear otherwise from EA for `12 I don't expect that to change. Plus gameplay will probably still be riddled w/flaws against the CPU so I'd rather play users because at least then there's some semblance of gameplanning and strategy to execute on.

I think a Big 10/Pac 10 dynasty will be the coolest option for `12 with both conferences expanding and adding conference championship games.

11. dakota7

I'm willing to give up FSU, depending on what set-up we use. I enjoy them and love their incoming class, but a change would be good too. First we need to pick conferences, IMO.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If we pick big 10/pac 10 over here, that will change alot of what we do over in the N.O. (thats the format I have been leaning on ever since we started)

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Big 10/Pac 10 would be fun.

Honestly I just want people to have a vested interest in their team. I don't care how many conferences we move to whatsoever. The issue I see going to 2 conferences is that it is going to severely limit the number of teams available for everyone and that could ruin the experience for a lot of these guys. That being said, it would allow Wazzu to play as WSU and (I think it was AJ) to play as Minnesota.

What do the rest of you think? should we tentatively go towards a Big 10/Pac 10 league or keep it open? And if we were to do this, what team would you take?

Tentative Alignment so far?:

Big Ten:
    -Michigan State: JCspartan2
    -Michigan: Big Suge Knight
    -Minnesota: AJ Hart MN?

PAC 10:
    -Washington State: Gowazzucougs?

14. AJ Hart MN

I would love the Gophs but if others take the big time schools, it may be hard for me to ever compete. I'm willing to give it a go though if you guys want to use the Big-10.. I can handle a good beating.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The gopher's wouldn't be too massive of a rebuilding project. There is some talent there. MSU really wasn't much different heading into this year.

If we are putting 6 guys in each conference then not everyone can have a top-tier team anyway.

16. AJ Hart MN

First order of business would be putting Marquise Gray back at QB!

17. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Stanford would work for me.

18. dakota7

Well, Wisconsin is my favorite team and I've never used them in an OD so I'd probably say that they're my first choice. For some reason I've always been hesitant to use them. Washington is probably my PAC 10 choice.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You gotta use your favorite team dakota! Its much more fun and frustrating at the same time. I find myself enjoying using UCLA much more than any other team even though we suck for the most part. But you do get a little more emotional at the close loses or losing to the CPU...but its fun. I would go for it since you have never taken them.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cougs is going with the Wazzu in the Night Owls so that might change things. I would go with a Pac 10 team but I think we have to wait until the management decides on this draft business, right? Im might just go with UCLA in both leagues just to see how they fair against different folks. ASU is another possibility since my sister did graduate from there. I just don't know yet.

21. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Personally, I like having 3 conferences. It allows more teams to rise to the top and more chances for user vs user bowl games. If we go to a PAC-10/Big-10 then we will basically have two mini leagues. Next year I don't think we can go wrong with what leagues we choose because the ACC, SEC, Big 10, and PAC 10 will all have divisions and conference championship games (don't let me down EA lol).

I kind of like playing as a team other than Purdue. I have always used them for every NCAA game I've had, so it's been nice to use someone different. Just my thoughts.

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm inclined to agree with you there Bill. The 2 conference idea sounds good in theory and for me it would be fun, but for some of the other guys who don't really have a huge interest in either of those conferences it's not going to be as fun and their interest will wane. 3 conferences sounds like a perfect balance. I was thinking Big Ten/Pac 10/SEC

23. dakota7

I'm ok with this too.

24. AJ Hart MN

+1 on the three conferences.. 2 conferences makes for a ton of user games and with that the issue of trying to schedule around other's schedules daily. 3 is perfect IMO..

25. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Lets hold off for now on signing me up as the Cougs. I am with recchem, I have previously committed to the Cougs in the Night Owls for next year's game. I know no one else is dying to take them so I may come back and take them. I also may go with the other shitty recruiting school in the PAC-10, Oregon State. I thought recruiting with WSU was hard, but this school takes it to another level.

As for AJ taking Minnesota you should take them. In T3 a guy took Minnesota and has done quite well, the only issue is that no one can beat the guy with Penn State.