NCAA 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    @AJ Hart MN

Here you are. Let me know when the name needs changed.

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

@PIG BOMB
    @LSUTRUTH
    @Harith
    @sonn
    @schreck822
    @jared16evans
    @Legacy
    @Screwthebcs
    @Mad Money Merk
    @Pagamer07
    @ryalaman

All right guys, this is our new forum, make yourself at home. If you all could post in this thread just so I know your here, that would be great.

Please make sure you have read the rules and description of the league so nothing catches you by surprise. We're doing things a bit different in this league with some of the recruiting rules and such so it's very important everyone knows what their getting in to.

I'm going to start to get some stuff posted about the direction we want to take with conferences and such.. Please, let your voice be heard, I want to hear what everyone thinks.

3. AJ Hart MN

I'm not going to lie, I'm not the most creative guy when it comes to these types of things so any help would be greatly appreciated.

So far, we've got a couple that I like a little bit:

1. The Walk-On's
    2. BCS Blow-Up

Any others that make sense for our setup?? :)

4. AJ Hart MN

Just so you guys know, not all of those rules are 100% set in stone yet. Things may change a bit so if you have any concerns about any of them, please post in this thread.

5. AJ Hart MN

We're not taking a vote yet. I just want everyone to take a look at these and digest them. Feel free to discuss them if you wan't. If you like them, great, if you dislike them, let me know how you think I could improve them.

I was planning on using only two of the conferences but if the majority really wants to use three, I guess I'd be OK with it.

So, here you go..

The Five Conferences:

North (Big-16)

West Division
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    Missouri
    Michigan
    Michigan St
    Iowa St
    Northwestern
    Nebraska

East Division
    Ohio St
    Purdue
    Indiana
    Maryland
    Penn St
    Wisconsin
    Illinois
    Cincinnati

East (Big East)

North Division
    Rutgers
    UConn
    Pitt
    Syracuse
    Boston College
    Notre Dame
    Army
    Navy

South Division
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    North Carolina
    North Carolina St
    Duke
    Louisville
    Wake Forest
    West Virginia

Southeast (SEC)

East Division
    Miami
    Florida
    Florida St
    South Florida
    UCF
    Clemson
    South Carolina
    Kentucky

West Division
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Alabama
    Auburn
    Tennessee
    Vandy
    Mississippi
    Mississippi St

Southwest (SWAC)

South Division
    Texas
    Texas A&M
    TCU
    Baylor
    Houston
    SMU
    Texas Tech
    LSU

North Division
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma St
    Kansas
    Kansas St
    Air Force
    Tulsa
    Arkansas
    Colorado

West (Pac-16)

South
    USC
    UCLA
    Stanford
    Cal
    Arizona
    Arizona St
    Fresno St
    Nevada

North
    Oregon
    Oregon St
    Washington
    Washington St
    Boise St
    BYU
    Hawaii
    Utah

6. sonn

sonn Walk On

I look forward to participating in this OD with all of you. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this so take it easy on me. ;)

My GT is Roy9099.

7. AJ Hart MN

I'm very excited to have you man.. Hopefully we can all make it a enjoyable experience for you.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Only rule I dont like is the players leaving rule. Other than that, im fine with all.

9. AJ Hart MN

What?? I bumped it up to 93.. Don't start getting on my case already. ;)

10. AJ Hart MN

The Coaching Carousel part of the league description is one thing that will probably change. I'm not even sure we'll even use it in the league.

11. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I'm pumped to play with everybody too, everything about the league is looking great. I'm basically in the same boat as AJ, work 8-5 (central) every day, have a wife and baby etc, so my game times are basically between 5:30-11 or something like that during the week, but I'm usually ok with playing late if that's the only way to make it work.

I think the rules look good, only thing I'd really say at this point is that I'd like for us to consider having 3 user conferences, but understand that some prefer the 2 conference system. My main reason for that is it gives a little better cross section of teams, and makes for stronger user rivalries because you are always fighting one other guy for your division, and the two in the other one. Just makes that game the biggest one every year so it's intense. I'm also hoping to be able to be Notre Dame, so that improves my odds :). Anyway, looking forward to it, game is looking good this year.

12. AJ Hart MN

I could see making a couple of minor adjustments here if need be. Notre Dame to the North could be arranged for example.

13. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

i think the coaching carousel is one of the biggest features in the new game. so i would hope we can keep it in the league. it brings another level of excitement to off season. it also gives u something to play for other than just championships. as long we start out with 3 or 4 prestige schools, then you have something to shoot for in getting to the more prestige schools. just my thoughts.

14. Mad Money Merk

I too like the idea of 3 conferences. this will also give more options for coaching moves via the coaching carousel. We may even want to consider going to 16 or more teams. i know i have some friends that are sim-ballers that would love to be apart of this type of league.

15. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

The Big 5..maybe Super 5... Ultra 5.. franly I like Juggernaughts

16. AJ Hart MN

That's something we can talk about for sure. The one thing I didn't want to do is a full fledge CC league. There are going to be so many this release so I wanted to do something different. I did however want to use the feature. The good thing is, we have time to work out some of these things. My thoughts was that it would only come into play if you were fired. Hopefully that would make guys try to take lesser schools.. I didn't really want to limit people's choices for schools.

17. sonn

sonn Walk On

I like the Walk-On's.

18. AJ Hart MN

12 is the max for a Online Dynasty.

19. Mad Money Merk

i like the alignment, it would be cool if we knew how many 6 star teams were in each division/conference. again, the 3 conferences would be a good system because it would give us more team selections with the use of the coaching carousel.

20. AJ Hart MN

The plan would be to pick a school and hopefully stick with it. Believe me, there will be CC leagues popping up everywhere. I don't plan on having guys change schools every year.

21. Mad Money Merk

i like NCFLU, we could have a logo design similar to how ESPNU logo looks. NCFL stands for "National Collegiate Football League". I might be little formal for some guys but i think it has a nice ring to it. The NCFLU. ;)

22. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Can't go over 12 users, that's the limit set by EA.

I'm not a huge fan of coaching carousel for our format, I think you either have a wide open coaching carousel league, or one like this that is set user conferences. I don't think you can really mesh the two very well. A CC where everybody started as a low coach at a low school would be cool, and the race to a big time job would be fun, but this league should be set up with relatively evenly matched teams from the start, moving around just doesn't make sense the way this league is constituted.

• Like Like x 1
  23. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Cinco.... somethin

24. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I like the idea of a CC only if fired. No rebuilds. Start at whatever school you want but if fired set a limit to where you can go.

25. Mad Money Merk

BCS Blowup is good one too. I kinda like it.

• Like Like x 1