NCAA 2k11

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Gyrene76, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

After the bowl season wraps up with the Oregon Ducks and the Auburn Tigers there will be a shift in Collegiate Football gaming.

Why, because EA Sports loses their exclusive right to college football and NCAA2K11 is already on the prowl.

This will be interesting and imo opinion a good thing. Personally, I like EA Sport's, but I think they will really have to pick up their game if they want to hang with 2K. Not because 2K is so great, but because in a capitalistic society the better product will eventually show itself and once their sales rise an equilibrium can only come about by the lesser product doing better. In other words, if your product sucks you won't make money.

I'm hoping 2 great NCAA games are created and we have the choice of two.

I'm curious of the impact it will have on TSO as well in the coming years.

That's all cotton.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It will take them a few yrs to even compete. It's not like they are going to be pug of it so long and boom great or even good game.

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Why wouldnt EA just re purchase the liscense? Thought they would have done that by now.

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I think NCAA wouldn't let them. So much negative noise about it when they did it last time.

2k doesn't have to make a great game to compete at first. But I'm sure they wont put out a huge flop. They've been waiting a long time for this so I'm sure they have been working on it for a while. Let's face it, Ea has had the luxury of being able to put damn near anything out. The games have made very few strides gameplay wise until las couple of years and is still buggy. I assume the only reason any changes were made was in anticipation if 2k getting on the market. They absolutely own EA in the basketball market and if EA doesn't get their shit together and assume that we will all continuing buying whatever they put out they will soon the laughin stock of the sports gaming community. They've literally put shot on a disc for the majority of this decade but if you are like me and love college football, what else can you do but open wide and eat the shit.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I would love a College Hoops 2K11. Or whatever title the 2K brand would put out. I would realllllyyy love it if they made the online dynasty in that mode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gyrene76

All valid points...

I have enjoyed the EA series of NCAA and will buy next year's. I do like the idea of competition and that is all. Nothing particular to either company. It will be very interesting.

7. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Companies get lazy when there isn't any competition. This will end up being the best thing that could have happened for college football video games

8. alemic

alemic Walk On

Amen to that, as soon as a company owns the rights to the game, they halt all progress they are making. No sense in releasing all your ideas at once, when you know for the next 5 years if they want an NCAA football game, they have to go to you.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think things like Online Dynasty and the physics model this year with NCAA has really been a huge improvement in the game... im not sure you can say the NCAA is sitting on there hands, they turned out a GREAT product this year.

No other game has even come close to the functionality of Online Dynasty...

10. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

@phbaseball1335
    @alemic

agree with you both.

@Gyrene76
    I like EA as well. My biggest issue with them was when they bought that license I knew the games would be average at best.

11. Gyrene76

Very true, online dynasty really saved them I believe. People were getting tired of solo dynasties and they have done a good job with it.

@smlVICTORIES53

I know many were nervous. A recent poll of football gamers actually tagged NFL2k5 as the best to date football game. I thought that was interesting.

12. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I agree they did well this year. But it seems like it was because they had too. They knew this was coming. Up until this season has been anything but stellar. So hopefully 2k can push them.

13. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

O man 2k was honestly about to take over the title as sports king. EA saw it and unfortunately flexed it's corporate muscle and bought up licenses.

14. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

I thought this year's game was good, but I am also thinking about how much better things will be next year when EA is pushed to make improvements in order to stay as top dog in college football gaming

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

It will take 2k a few years to get their product up and running the way they want, but when it happens, watch out.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I thought I was the only one waiting for this! 2K will surpass EA within two years if they got back into it. Just think of the two games still regarded as the best of their genre (College Hoops 2k8 and NFL2K5). They nailed everything EA 'nailed' this year wayyy back when. They didn't have a true locomotion engine but their animations were so deep it already felt in some instances that they had it in place (try out All Pro Football 2K8). Presentation? Go look at what 2K5 did with the NFL way back in 2004 and look how long it took EA to catch up. It took until Madden 2011 to almost make me forget about 2k5. Imagine what that studio would do with College Gameday.

2K has the upper advantage on EA because EA has attracted all types of crowds to its gaming community therefore has to cater to all of them. 2K was brand new and catered to the true simulation community and wanted to emulate real life as much as possible. That is the reason most basketball fans can't make the switch from Live to 2k. 2K runs so deep it takes months to master everything that game has. One thing that may hurt 2k the most when it comes to new football games is the fact that EA has a 'deal' with ESPN, 2k's bread and butter. If EA came up off that then it's a whole new ballgame.

Not a 2K fanboy but they cater to everything I expect from a 'sim' video game. There is a reason EA bought these exclusive liscenses.

Edit: 2k's online league pages are ahead of NCAA's online dynasty page IMO #justsayin

17. alemic

alemic Walk On

I agree with you there, and I am not saying I am not impressed by with EA has put out, quite the opposite actually. This has been my favorite NCAA game in a while. What I am saying though is, when there is competition, companies work to their highest level and put out the best possible product. Not saying EA is not, however lets be honest, if your the only person running the mile, who cares if you walk to the finish?

18. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

as long as the servers are good i think it would be cool to try a different NCAA but I have all kinds of trouble with the 2K servers on NBA 2k11

19. Gyrene76

haha, you and jj never get a game eh?

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I played the crap out of 2k5 and enjoyed it very much, but I dont think it was the best football game ever. The game was a button masher to the fullest if you dont remember. A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A! People like to pull up a highlight from here and there and say how well it played, but you can do the same thing with almost any football game... They all have their moments.

I think the main reason people like it so much now is because they cant have it.

If it happens Ill pick it up, but Online Dynasty upped the ante. Id rather play a "worse" game with Online Dynasty than a "better" game without it.
    I guess we'll have to wait until we've actually played both though.

21. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

If 2k puts a choice of either do u want to play the BCS(bullshit) season or the playoff bracket, I will sweep up 2k like crazy. I already enjoy the old College Hoops game 7k & 8k and the NBA and NHL games. so adding College Football would be a great addition. But I want choices. I really enjoyed the Old NCAA series for Ps1, cause u could play either the Bowl season or playoff season, i always played the playoff series.

22. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I'll be interested to see what 2k can come up with. College Hoops 2k was an awesome game, and I have liked all their other games as well. I don't know if it will be a better game than what EA has, because I really like NCAA this year, and I imagine they will continue to make big strides but at least there will be choices and options.

23. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Get your ass out of here King! Go play your user game!

24. DC

DC Shake n Bake

dude they are discussing 2k football ....DAMN G ..READ MUCH lol

25. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

fixed!!! lmao