NCAA Computer Fieldgoal kicking

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 27, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

As the dynasty seasons are progressing into year three or four, is anyone else noticing that the computer teams cannot kick field goals, let alone extra points. I recently played two games in two different dyansties where the computer opponent (both PAC-10 schools) just flat out did not even attempt a field goal if they were not within my 20 yard line. And one the two teams missed the field goal completely. The other team, missed three extra points in one game. In one of these two dynasties I have watched four extra points missed, one 20 yard field goal missed (it was on the far left hash mark), and two 30-40 yard field goals miss (these were not even close). I don't think this is just a slider issue, I think this a lack of talent issue for kickers. Is anyone else noticing this?

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah. In my opinion, I would like to see CPU KPW & KAC go to 100 each. We have enough of an edge on the CPU to have them missing extra points and field goals. This is too drastic for everyone I have a feeling.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The issue is that the NCAA guys fixed progression for kickers but not the amount of incoming kickers that were actually worth a damn.

The result? Everyones senior kicker being a beast but never being able to replace him.

NCAA just needs more quality kickers each season, and not just a few more - a ton more.

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I agree...i don't like seeing so many extra points...maybe 1 or 2 a season is realistic, but its ridiculous

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

What sliders are you running with for KPW and KA?

But yeah... some teams end up with some really scrubby kickers because there aren't a whole lot of good ones available...

That being said... I went up against a CPU opponent recently who kicked a 60 yarder on me with negligible wind and it could have easily hit from 65. Too many 1 star kickers and the "accurate" archetype kickers are completely worthless. Actually, the fact that speed/acc/agi/stam/inj factors into their caliber might be an issue as well... I saw a kicker at 2 stars who had both KP and KA in the Bs (B and a B- I think)... but there are people in the 3 star range who are like C C+ who just have more stamina and injury.

The fact that teams will go after more kickers/punters than needed if they are in need of that position and there's only ~40-50 people at kicker/punter... means a bunch of teams get shafted and end up with D+ kickers!

#cmonman