NCAA Covers

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jul 16, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If any of you are as sick of Mark Ingram already as I was on my NCAA Cover (just like Tim Tebow was pissing me off beyond belief) I figured out how to make legit NCAA covers to replace it. I can make em and send them to you. All you'd have to do is print it in and slide it in. I can show you one i made for myself.

[​IMG]
    Mine.

Just tell me if you want it and what player you want. It takes like 20 mins max so i'll have it done fast.

I also have 12 done already. Here is what I got

RB Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina)
    DE Quinton Coples (North Carolina)
    RB Brandon Saine (Ohio St)
    RB LaMichael James (Oregon)
    RB Armando Allen (Notre Dame) (above)
    S Robert Golden (Arizona) (above)
    RB Cyrus Gray (Texas A&M)
    RB Chris Polk (Washington)
    WR Michael Floyd (Notre Dame)
    RB Jeff Demps (Florida)
    QB Braxton Miller (Ohio St)

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    How about a Denard cover?

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Just to give you some advice, there are a few things that you need correct with your cover to make them truly awesome.

1. Your cut is VERY bad. I can tell that you are using the magnetic laso tool, your better off using the pen tool. Zoom in as much as you can before you get the pix grid and make your points just inside the area in which you would like to cut out. Along the helmet and other rounded areas you can make to points and then go into the middle, right click and make an anchor point. Hold ctl and move it until you get the right arch, if you need to add more anchor points do so. After you have the area lined that you would like to cut out, right click within the shape, make selection, and use .03 for the feather radius. Then hit ctl+shift+I and make sure the image is unlocked, and hit delete. After that go to layer>matting>defringe and use at 3 pixels. Make sure to try and get the smoothest lines you can so it doesn't come out jagged and always use a Hi-Res pic.

2. You need to add some fx, a good plugin for photoshop is topaz. Its great for beginners. If you become more ambitious, and can find the programs then try this http://bigdmocovers.webs.com/bigdmoeffect.htm?referer=AffiliateNetwork

3. You need to color correct and de-saturate the image. Here is a guide for you, http://sportscoversworld.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=coverresources&action=display&thread=524 and here is a VERY nice guide for getting the right colors when you color correct http://sportscoversworld.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=coverresources&action=display&thread=2587

4. The mask Is too color rich, just create a layer above the mask, set it to color and then use the bucket tool and set the color to what you want and fill. When you add images to the background, before dragging it in, make it black and white and then drag it between the color layer and the mask and place it where you would like it. Create a layer mask on the image and then blend it in where you like, also set the opacity of the layer to about 70-75%.

These should help you out a lot. Any more questions just feel free to ask.

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here is what it should look like after you add do all the above mentioned steps.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Wow. Well my problem is i am using some makeshift program that isn't photoshop so I couldn't take all the same ideas that i saw in a video. I freaking wish i could do stuff like this. =/ I'll try and see if it's the same with this program.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Damn those look nice. Edwin Baker please?

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Mine won't look as nice =/ But i can do my best if you want it.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Looks pretty good to me, thanks!

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I like thank you sir. (y)

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Using as my cover now, looks great