NCAA Defensive Slider Set

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 29, 2009.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

NCAA Defensive Slider Set

This is a set I have come up with in my offline dynasty and it works wonders. I also "accidentally" used it in a OD and it still worked beautifully. This set doesn't give the defense an advantage it just makes the offense (Human/CPU) earn their points. So if their is anyone in TF that's like me give these a shot. If you cheese or only use "money" plays, give 'em a try tell me if it was successful. Oh and I incorporate penalties into my game as well. And one final thing before I get into the details, blitzes feel like blitzes identify your hot route reciever on every play your think they are coming.

Here are some stats from a game I played against Arkansas as Georgia.

Score: Arkansas 3 Georgia 13

First Downs: Ark-14 Ga-15
    Total Offense: Ark-270 yards Ga-286 yards
    Rushes/Yards/TD: Ark-27/67/0 Ga-45/119/1
    Comp/Att/TD: Ark-17/34/0 Ga-14/24/0
    Passing Yards: Ark-203 Ga-167
    3rd Down: Ark-2/14 Ga-9/18
    Turnovers: Ark-0 Ga-2
    Punts/Avg: Ark-5/46.2 Ga-5/45.2
    Penalties: Ark-2/14 Ga-6/50
    TOP: Ark-12:22 Ga-15:55

Key Player Stats:

Passing
    (Ga) Cox: 14/24 167yds 0TD 2INT 4sacks
    (Ark) Mallet: 17/34 203yds 0TD 0INT 5sacks

Rushing
    (Ga) Ealey: 29/85yds 1TD
    (Ark) Smith: 21/93yds 0TD

Recieving
    (Ga) Moore: 4/84yds 0TD
    (Ark) Adams: 7/68yds 0TD

*Don't be alarmed about Ealey's low rushing average. He is not Knowshaun Moreno that's for sure. But as you can see everything is pretty realistic. Also as some of you serious stat junkies like myself notice I'm even close to the number of plays ran per game in real life.

If your still interested here are the sliders:

Human/CPU

QB Acc: 10/5
    Pass Blocking: 0/0
    WR Catching: 50/50
    RB Ability: 40/40
    Run Block: 0/0

Pass Coverage: 50/60
    Pass Rush: 0/0
    INT: 10/10
    Rush D: 0/15
    Tackling: 45/60 (You can bring that down if you want. There's still broken tackles)

FG Power: 40/40
    FG Acc: 30/35
    Punt Power: 60/60 (It's because I hang 'em up there so I can get realistic hangtime but still want it to cover some distance.)
    Punt Accuracy: 75/75 (Coffin kicks and kicks inside 20 happen more often)
    Kickoff Power: 65/65 (More touchbacks)

House Rules:

7 minutes
    Heisman
    No Run/Pass Commit
    No Gameplan Features

Any questions/complaints feel free to post. If anything let me know what's too easy and what's too hard. Thanks for reading.

I'm about to play another game to show this sliders' set consistency. This time I will use Auburn @ Florida.

Edit: It's getting a little late so I couldn't finish the game. It's the fourth quarter and the Gators are up 32-20. Tebow is going crazy 21/34 386yards 1TD and 3 rushing touchdowns. He's killing me, lol.

Edit#2: Gators won 32-27. Tebow finished with 391 yards passing and 80 running. Nothing cheap they just punched me in the mouth. If I didn't force 3 turnovers they might of scored 50, lol.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

3rd down effecicency is the one thing you can't fix in the game with sliders that always kills the game. The CPU is just too stupid to call a good play on 3rd down. This results in the CPU converting around 25% typically and the User converting 50% or more. The CPU is always forced to punt while the User controls the game, the clock, and field position.

3rd down effeciency is one of the biggest telling factors in football. The great teams are the ones that are able to convert 3rd downs to keep the chains moving and keep the opposing teams defense on the field. It's just another deciding factor in a supposed SIM style football game that EA again has over looked. It's truly going to be at least 10 more years before there's a solid football game. By then, we'll all be 40 haha.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Jerzey,

Per our conversation regarding pure hate sliders I will try these out. I know we are looking for the same type of sliders so if you think these are it I can't wait to try them out!

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

TOP was close in both games. Florida actually stayed on the field longer than I did in our game. I should of posted those stats up but was getting sleepy. Florida was floating around 50% on third downs but then again it's the Gators (EA's favorite team). I was the one 3-14 on third downs (is it me or is Florida's dline automatically set to aggressive?!). It was a good game hopefully folks will try these out and I can tweak 'em for the better.

But I'm like the majority, always looking for ways to make my gaming experience better. I think next year NCAA11 will surprise us all.

And I have/had the ear of one of the NCAA devs over at OS. I'll send 'em a message later and maybe he can come visit us sometimes. I think he'll be proud of how NCAA is played over here and may be willing to do it. As long as their is no bashing or disrespectful comments they are pretty cool dudes. But sometimes I think some of the younger/newer crowd at OS are too disrespectful. But I'll give it a try once I get home.

Frisk, thanks for trying them out. Tell me what you think is "unrealistic" about 'em and I'll lab this weekend to fix it.

5. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

An added advantage of haveing the pass block and run block sliders set at zero is that there are no more "warp" blocks. Also, a running play in which the guard pulls plays out more realistically...ie the guard doesn't warp to block someone else with flawed AI.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    How many dropped passes did you see on either side of the ball? How well do the FB, HB and TE make catches?

7. Emmdotfrisk

I am wondering that as well. I have found putting WR catching at 50/50 results in maybe 1 drop if any in a game. If you drop it too low you see wide open receivers dropping low stress passes.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That's part of the game though. With the sliders I use in The Deuce, you are hard pressed to throw a tight pass to a HB or FB. Every now and then, they will drop a lob out in the flats. TEs with low catch ratings will get stonehands and WRs with good hands are really coveted. People overlook this a lot and mainly recruit just speed. You can't do that on these sliders.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Ideally this is the type of sliders I am looking for, the most realistic.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's what it reduces. Your blitzers won't just warp to the nearest lineman as much. From what I noticed if your running a play with a pulling guard, if the lineman is a little slow and only gets to that defenders inside shoulder and continues to push him towards the sideline you will have to cut it back inside. The animation of them automatically facing each other to block everytime is greatly reduced. But dominant players will still dominate and blitzes, if not picked up or adjusted to, will hurt you almost everytime.

I normally run with WR catch at 45 but I saw way too many drops. With the Human QB accuracy at 10 and CPU Pass Defense I see maybe one or two drops from certain players a game. Most of the drops come from collisions. With the catch at 45 a player may drop "easy" passes maybe 3-4 times a game. Multiply that 12 games a year with that 3 and that player is on pace to drop 36 balls, too extreme for me.

But I will say I don't throw it to my backs very often. I throw a screen maybe twice a game so I'll have to lab on that later. I normally check to see if the TE is catching or blocking TE before I target him so he doesn't get to many looks either. I'll lab with that later.

Thanks for your responses. If you happen to have time to try please let me know. These are for my personal use and may serve as someone's base set.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Drifter is spot on here. In the Deuce a B speed WR with B+ catching a solid CIT and Spectacular catch will get recruited.

12. GoGators

Are the duece sliders updated in the forum?

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Ha, people keep asking me.

I think they are current. I'll double check later this evening.

14. GoGators

I asked you to update them a month ago haha.

Come on Drifter, less:
    :beernana:

more:
    NCAA!!!
    (y)

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I updated them a few weeks ago when you asked. I don't think I have changed anything sense then.

NCAA and this website are going to drive me to live in a drunken stupor. They don't fight for time, they are correlated!

16. GoGators

hahaha. I believe ya.

Maybe if you guys get enough membership dues, Ryno will oblige to hire you a sexy assistant.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That would be sweet. Although I might have to Mike Leach her and keep her in a dark closet so the GF won't find out.

18. Emmdotfrisk

HAHAHAHAHA

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I guess I've been hijacked.....

If anyone has a defensive slider set out there please let me know. I looked at the duece sliders and scores. People are still blowing out teams that should give them a good fight. If anyone is willing to help me that would be appreciated.

20. Emmdotfrisk

hey Jerzey I just played my first game and it was a good one... Here is the situation...

#14 Boise State (CPU) @ Utah State (Frisk)

BOX SCORE
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT TOTAL
    BOISE 7 3 7 14 13 44
    UTAH ST 7 7 10 7 16 47

GAME SUMMARY
    STAT BOISE UTAH
    1st Downs 19 24
    Offense 429 435
    Rushes 27 for 153 1 TD 48 for 223 4 TD
    Passing 20-32 276 yards 4 TD 18-26 212 yards 2 TD
    3rd down conv. 3-10 11-15
    Redzone-TD-FG 7-4-1 6-5-1
    TO 0 1
    TOP 9:25 16:04

STAT LEADERS

BOISE UTAH
    PASSING Kellen Moore 20-32 276 yrds 4 TD Richardson 16-23 190 yrds 2 TD
    RUSHING Avery 26 for 145 yrds 1 TD Rankin 20 for 99, Christian 17 for 107
    RECEIVING Avery 3 for 43 yrds Gore 5 for 79 yrds
    DEFENSIVE Winn 10 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack Seigel 11 Tackles, 1 TFL
    KICKING Brotzman 3 for 4 (missed 34 yard FG) Nichols 2-3 (missed 52 yard FG)

The game was hard fought and intense. I noticed that the CPU QB (kellen Moore) would overthrow the receiver by 10 to 15 yards every now and then. One time thankfully was on 4th and 2 on the 3 yard line for the win in overtime. All in all I think the slider set is ok, Kellen Moore sat in the pocket for 7 seconds sometimes without any pressure, but I was Utah st so hard to judge. I will test with another matchup of better teams tomorrow.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wow thanks Frisk I thought everyone forgot about me, lol. I'm going to lab tommorrow after I get a couple of league games out the way.

But I noticed a 7 second pocket as well once or twice but I was only rushing 3 at those times against 5 blockers so I kind of shrugged it off. The CPU's QB took off on me both times. I'll probably tweak 'em and see if I can alittle better with that. I honestly didn't pay attention to the yardage the CPU QB was overthrowing I just wanted to see it happen, you know? Did it feel like an issue? I like seeing them because it makes the CPU "human" in a sense. But he still went 20-32 so he still was his normal self.

How did it feel offensively? Did it feel as though you can march down the field at anytime and score? Or did it make you string together longer drives to score? I normally have to string a 8-10 play drive to score/be in scoring range especially when starting in my end.

Seemed like an offensive game but it feels reassuring that it took double OT to get it into the mid to late 40s. Seemed like a good game.

Thank you very much for those stats. Thank you for trying them. I honestly appreciate that.

22. Emmdotfrisk

haha nah man! I dont leave a guy behind in the trenches, sorry it took me so long to test them.

I ran 3-4 exclusively so I was also dealing with a three man front. I dont mind the overthrowing, it does make them human. I just know u are trying to have more realism....so I didn't know if such a huge error in accuracy would be un-welcomed.

Offensively the first thing I noticed was my HB ran much better than advertised. My two HB's were 84 and 82 OVR with I think 86 and 84 speed. In the game the seemed very live and I would have guessed they were in the range of 88-91 OVR and 88-90 speed. I like that tho, I'm like Singletary.....I'm from the old school. Rule #1 we go out there and hit people in the mouth, haha.

It was a very offensive game. Boise didnt have an answer for my run game. and since I was able to run so well short passes and quick hits worked well in congruence with my rush offense. It was a good game I enjoyed it.

I will be testing these sliders with Alabama vs Texas next.

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I found something to slow the running down or make it a little harder for the human against better run defensive teams. I'll post tommorrow after I'm sure it wasn't a one game fluke. Working on seeing if 6 minute quarters will help with the scores as well and also the fact that maybe 90% of the players/leagues (on every site) play on that time settings.

Sliders I'm tweaking:

Pass Catch at 45 (this is probably where it will stay)
    CPU Run Block raised to 5 (more challenge and also helps the CPU establish a better run game.)
    Human Pass Defense dropped to 45 (trying to see if this will help on CPU 3rd Downs even though I think it's CPU logic)
    CPU Pass Defense raised to 65 (may have to drop INT for the CPU to 5 but I've noticed lineman will get their hands up more often and knock that some of those "cheap" drag route/slant completions. It will also help against the screen pass)

And also subsitution sliders. I'll probably just stalk OS for those and tweak 'em.

Edit: And I raised the CPU accuracy to 10. Still overthrows but only by 3-5 yards. Still have to make sure it wasn't a one game fluke.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We are also in season 6 (soon to be 7). Everyone has A+ teams due to the progression bug. The computer teams have been consistently out-recruited for six seasons, so they aren't what you think they are.

But yes, they are probably in need of a tweak for our league. We had great results when everyone had normal teams (check the season 2, 3 and 4 scores). We had several CPU upsets in season 4 and 5. And it was hard to make them tougher than that because of the way the CPU played in rivalry and bowl games.

25. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I recently started an offline dynasty with these sliders slightly modified. Using Auburn and their playbook. So far I am actually enjoying it more than my OD on here.

So far my biggest concerns are onside kicks. CPU has converted 3 of 4. The ball just bounces right off my "hands" team. Have you guys seen this is your games?

Next Im not getting pressure out of my 3-4 D. I use the Left ILB the whole game and use some sort of blitz 60-70% of the time. Was thinking of bumping pass rush up a tad. How have you guys got pressure without controlling a blitzer?