NCAA Diconnection Issues

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by moparjoe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i can not get through a single game with human opponent in online dynasty. some of the time the game will not even lag, just disconnects at random. i have done the port forwarding according to the xbox live directions. this is custom conferences with custom playbooks, FYI. i have high speed internet and have checked the download and upload speeds, everything is good. i have always had issues with ea football games, last years madden wouldn't even let me connect with some of my friends. i do not have it setup for static IP.

could someone please give me some advice.

thanks

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Do you have UPnP on?

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I have somewhat of the same problem. I've played about 5 user games in NCAA 12 so far (had no problems at all in NCAA 11 besides the occasional d/c during storms or weather issues) and had not been able to finish one until the last one I played (where my opponent is in the same city as me). During the games that got d/c there were no lag issues at all, and I'd get into the 2nd half before it would just drop when the offense would walk toward the line. I've played several ranked and unranked games and had no issues, and I believe I read somewhere that EA said there was some sort of glitch where games freeze more often in ODs that they were addressing with the patch. I'm hoping that solves my problems.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I edited the title of this thread.

In H2H games, Xbox live establishes a peer to peer connection. That means that besides the end game results, the traffic for your game is not being routed through the EA servers. The connection and route between you and your opponent is the issue. If it were server based, issues would be far more consistent from user to user. The fact it is peer to peer is the reason some people just never can connect.

5. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

this tells me what the problem is. is there someone that can give some advice on fixing the problem please, and please speak in lamens terms. i did not set up my network my IT buddy did.

sorry i didn't label my problem correctly

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I would have your IT buddy double check how your network is setup and keep running the Xbox Network test to make sure your NAT is open. The easiest way would to give your 360 a static IP and put it into the DMZ so it will be open to all ports.

7. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i just played a game online no problems with the same person that gets disconnected every game in the online dynasty, so it must be related to a problem with the dynasty. i am going to delete the dynasty and not use custom playbooks or modded rosters, maybe this will keep from disconnecting.

so our peer to peer connection seems to be fine, and the network is in the DMZ according to my IT buddy. i will also set up my xbox to have a static IP.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Glad to hear it is getting better Joe.

9. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i would like to say thanks to all that helped and explained the problem. It was amazing how fast the community came to the assistance of a fellow gamer down on his luck.

i definitely made the right choice in joining TSO.

• Like Like x 1