NCAA Football 12: Improved Zone Coverage

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, May 3, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    4-2-5 cheese! Lol. Guess we will be banning that defense again....

3. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Watch Zone be over powered now.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol, you want them to improve it.. then when they do, you slam them before you've even played the game.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

I just wait and see. I hope it works right obviously. Favorite game in the world. Griff eco's the same wait and see approach about the 4-2-5.

6. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

If someone play alot of zone then run the ball

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I thought the defenders playing inside leverage vs the slot because they have help outside was nice. So long as quick WRs with high route running can use that to set up the 10 yard out (for example) this looks promising.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Was thinking the same thing when I read his post... as for me, it looks promising as Dru said

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

+1

but also this hurts guys like me who wait all day long with their MLB in zone for that skinny post over the middle and user pick it lol :D

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This should be a nice improvement and add more realistic game play. Besides if the zone has an added advantage the use power run game or flood routes should help. Worst case scenario bump up QB accuracy sliders.​

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I've said it all along, as long as the defenders don't react to guys coming into their zones as if they had eyes in the back of their head, I'll be fine.

Anyone else notice the offensive player run away from the defensive ball carrier @ 1:04? I'm sure it's something they are fixing but it caught my eye.

Zone coverage has needed a work over for a long time. And Kudos to the EA team for sitting down and figuring out how to do it. I'm excited.

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

+1
    Zone improvement is a great thing should cut down on a lot of guys converting the 3rd and 15 plays that have been hard to stop with zone

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

^ This man has an official chub

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Looks good! Im so glad they worked on zone coverage. Everyone's defensive playbook just got a lot bigger;)

I did notice a lot of players "sliding" around which was weird ((Texas qb @0:30, CB #19 @0:41 and pretty much every time a defender was "backpedaling" or "strafing" they were covering a ton of ground with each step)). This could just be me being nit-picky.
    Nothing like that in 11 though, so maybe it will look different at release.

15. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

we need an "EFFIN' A COTTON" button like is not strong enough!

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

hahaha I was thinking the same thing. check the media section - most of my user picks come from that exact situation.

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

@RynoAid

i don't know if this goes with zone coverage or if it's been brought up. when doubling a WR will the safety play the inside while the CB plays the outside like they are supposed to?

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I doubt they will put in "bracketing" - they used to have plays like that though called "Bracket X" or whatever - it would be nice if those worked as intended.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Heres the clips of zone coverage in slow motion. Found this on OS

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

well it looks like from the video that receivers will still not go up and attack the ball.

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Is it me or is Ben getting fatter?

22. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Few things that stood out to me in the slo mo video max posted:

1 - One thing thats bothered me for as long as I can remember in this game is the scale of player to field. Check the SS who's creeped up to the LOS at 0:22. He backpedals to his deep half at the snap and going diagonally it takes him 2 shuffles to go 5 yards (which is more like 6 since it's a diagonal). If they'd correct this I think the game would be drastically more life like.

2 - The Miami vs FSU clip where Jacory throws the INT on the skinny post. WATCH THE RT VS THE DE! THIS LOOKS AMAZING! The DE gets up field, engages, gets stalemated, bounces off, then tries another angle. That's exactly what happens in real life!!! Amazing job done there EA!!!

3 - Something that concerns me. The MSU vs ND clip as the ND TE runs the seem route. The MSU LB literally backpedals step for step with the ND TE for 25 yards!

23. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Ryno takes him to only the best steak houses in town....

what do you expect?

24. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You could argue that, that would make playing defense even worse.

25. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'd disagree I think it would make defense easier because as it stands an offensive player needs to take 2 steps and fall forward to get close to 10 yards and a first down. (Consider the falling forward animations you get form running backs).

I'll give you that everything is relative in the game so the defense reacts to the offense at the same speed to level the playing field. However I think this can cause the game to play more consistent with rules of 1st and 7 rather than 1st and 10 making it easier for the offense to conver first downs.

Consider how easy it is to pick up a 3rd and long in this game. It should be extremely difficult to convert 3rd and 8+ but in the game converting that down isn't much different than converting 3rd and 3. That shouldn't be the case. The field should be stretched longer or the players should be slowed down.