NCAA Football '12 News

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Shaun Mason, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    All the credit for the information here goes to Solidice at Operation Sports..

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/474596-ncaa-football-12-info-thread.html

I figured now that info was starting to come out, and since no one else has done it yet, that I would start a thread and update it with all known NCAA 12 info. I really just want this to be a collection of the NCAA 12 info and not a thread to complain(or praise) the features of the game. there will likely be individual threads for each blog, announcement, videos, ect... where that stuff can be done. Any broken links, typos, mistakes, etc.. that I've made, feel free to inform me about it in a post. Also any info that I've missed, let me know and give me a link to that info(to use as a source).

NCAA 12 Website: http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football

Release Date: July 12, 2011

Confirmed Platforms: Xbox 360 & PS3

Cover Athlete: Will be decided based on fan vote between Alabama's RB Mark Ingram, Auburn's DL Nick Fairley, Oklahoma's RB DeMarco Murray, and Washington's QB Jake Locker. you can vote for you choice on the NCAA Facebook page, or click here
    Voting ends April 4th and the winner will be announced on April 19th.

Product Description
    "NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your hated rival on the road to the National Championship."

Confirmed New Features and Additions

• High Dynamic Range Rendering (HDR) Lighting
    • More player equipment and Dreadlocks
    • Higher Resolution crowds
    • 3D Grass and Particles (Grass can be visually seen degrading)
    • Pylon Physics (pylons no longer static)
    • New Offensive and Defensive plays and Formations(25 plays were spotlighted, but there are many more)
    • Added Team Entrances Elements and Traditions(Colorado's Ralphie, Texas' Big Bertha, and many more)
    • Bowl Patches on jerseys
    • Can Customize the music for team entrances
    • Stadium Updates(New Big House stadium lights for Michigan)
    Developer Bogs

New Plays
    EA has selected 25 new plays to highlight(there are more than 25 new plays in NCAA 12), and is releasing 1 per day for 5 weeks, so far they have released:

Offense:

• Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle – The Pistol Full House, aka the Diamond formation, was first unveiled last season by Oklahoma State and was later adopted by other teams across the country. A staple play of the three back pistol set is the HB Off Tackle play. Playart
    • Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick - Another spin on a staple play of the Air Raid offense that’s used by Houston, as well as others. Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y Stick calls for the halfback to motion out of the backfield to the right. This motion puts him in a spot that allows the Y-Stick concept to develop. Playart
    • Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep – Oregon State’s Weak I Normal Fly Sweep has the TE aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation. This creates an u***lanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep. Playart
    • Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide – This is a play action boot pass that has two deep crossing receivers and one receiver, usually a TE, who slides under the line of scrimmage and in the flat. Oregon likes to use this play once they get near their opponent’s red zone. They’re usually successful at getting the ball to one of the crossing receivers for a big play. Playart
    • Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash – Hawaii’s run and shoot offense can now be run from the Pistol formation. The traditional staples such as RNS Switch Smash can now be found in the new Pistol Spread formation. Hawaii and SMU’s playbook also features the run and shoot version of Pistol 4WR Trips. Playart
    • Pistol Train Triple Option - Primarily used as a short yardage power set from the Pistol, the Train formation as it’s called by Nevada gives the offensive a variety of ways to attack the defense in short yardage situations. The Triple Option play is one such play that can be used to attack the defense. Playart
    • Shotgun Wild Tiger Trey Fight Song – Auburn’s offense features a wide variety of unique and imaginative plays. One of the more interesting plays in their offense is Shotgun Wild Tiger Trey Fight Song. In this play the left tackle aligns on the ball on the right side of the formation in a receiver position. The left tackle is used as a decoy to throw off the defensive recognition of the play. Playart
    • I-Form Twin TE Badger Power - A staple of the Wisconsin power running game, I-Form Twin TE Badger Power is a play that combines elements of both a counter and power play. The Badgers like to send the wing tight end in motion to the weak side and at the snap he becomes the second “puller” on the play. Factor in the fullback and Wisconsin can get three lead blockers at the point of attack. Playart
    • Shotgun Trio HB Wk PA Husker Y Post - Nebraska’s offense is known for generating big plays in the running game. To compliment their explosive rushing attack the Huskers will often use play action passes. Shotgun Trio HB Wk PA Husker Y Post is a play Nebraska uses with great success for getting the ball deep down the field to their tight end for a touchdown. Playart
    • Shotgun Normal Flex Ark HB Wheel - Shotgun Normal Flex Ark HB Wheel should be a familiar play to the fans of Arkansas. This is the same play the Hogs used to score a touchdown on the third play of the game against Alabama last season. The concept known as “Shark” in the Arkansas terminology uses a shallow cross/dig combination in the middle of the field and a post/wheel combination on the outside. Playart
    • Shotgun Wing Trips Wk Tiger Buck Sweep – Clemson’s new no-huddle shotgun based offense will strive for balance with the run and pass. A staple run play of the Tigers’ new offense figures to be Shotgun Wing Trips WK Tiger Buck Sweep. The play is an off shoot of the Wing-T Buck Sweep in which both guards pull and lead block for the ball carrier. Playart
    • I-Form Twins UK Fade Smash – I-Form Twins UK Fade Smash is a unique way that Kentucky likes to run the smash concept. In the traditional smash concept the slot receiver runs a corner route. The Wildcats like to use a fade route which gets the slot receiver near the same deep area of the field as if he were running a corner route. Playart
    • Ace Big Twins Weak Flood – A three tiered flood concept, Ace Big Twins Weak Food can be used to attack a variety of defensive coverages. The post route is the first read in the progression and if open the ball should be thrown there. The deep out route by the slot receiver combined with the shallow cross route of the tight end creates a hi/lo vertical stretch on the defense. Playart
    • Shotgun Trips Unbalanced Mizzou Jet – Shotgun Trips Unbalanced Mizzou Jet is a new addition to the Tigers high flying spread offense. The formation calls for the tight end to align on the line of scrimmage and places the split end on the left off the line of scrimmage. With three spread receivers combined with the halfback in the backfield, Missouri can get four blockers at the point of attack on the jet sweep. Playart
    • Shotgun Quads Trio Slot Pivot – Shotgun Quads Trio Slot Pivot is a play that’s designed to put a horizontal stretch in the underneath coverage of zone defenses. The inside receiver closest to the formation runs a shallow cross while the next receiver to his right runs a pivot route. Those two routes going in opposite directions creates a natural void in zones for the dig route that’s ran by the next receiver over in the formation. Playart
    Defense:

• Nickel Normal Cover 6 - New to NCAA Football 12, Cover 6 is a split field coverage concept that has the secondary playing Cover 2 on one side of the field and Cover 4 on the other side. Add 2 plus 4 and you get 6, thus the name Cover 6. Playart
    • 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop – A new addition to the 4-2-5 defensive playbook, Thunder Zero Cop is an aggressive pressure scheme that calls for both inside linebackers and the strong side safety to blitz. The unique aspect of the scheme is the term “Cop”, which tells the defensive end to play man coverage, usually on a tight end. Playart
    • 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3 - The 3-3-5 Okie formation is new to NCAA Football 12. This formation allows teams that base out of the 3-3-5 defense to get into a more rational “3-4 Normal” look. A widely used scheme from this look is the NCAA Blitz 3 which is a three deep, three under fire zone scheme. Playart
    • Quarters Normal Dbl Loop 3 - With the ever increasing popularity of spread style offenses in NCAA Football, we made the decision to add the Quarters Normal formation to the game. The Quarters normal formation features three down linemen, one linebacker, and seven defensive backs. DBL Loop 3 is an overload fire zone concept that’s used to bring pressure to the weak side of the offense. Playart
    • Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2 - From a coverage standpoint is a standard 2 deep, 4 under fire zone pressure. The play calls for the two inside linebackers in the 2-4-5 formation to move to each side of the formation to show blitz. Combined with the pre-snap movement of the nickel cornerback, remaining linebackers, and both defensive tackles, the play gives the look of an “exotic” blitz scheme in which any combination of the players could blitz. Playart
    • Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff – The complimentary play to the Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2, the Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff uses the exact same pre-snap movement by the linebackers, defensive tackles, and nickel cornerback. This scheme falls in line with what’s known as an “illusion” defense. The defense gives the offense the appearance of an all out blitz with the exotic look, but in reality it’s a basic 3 deep, 4 under zone coverage. Playart
    • Dime 3-2-6 Spinner Buck Dog 1 – An aggressive blitz pressure scheme that’s used by teams such as LSU and Nebraska, Dime 3-2-6 Spinner Buck Dog 1 is a good play to use in passing situations. The play uses a six man pass rush which includes the right cornerback. Playart
    • 3-4 Predator Cover 2 Sink – The 3-4 Predator is a defensive set that calls for the right outside linebacker to align in a three point stance. This gives teams that base out of the 3-4 the ability to get into a 4-3 look. Cover 2 Sink has both corners getting depth on their zone drops in order to take away the natural void in Cover 2 between the safeties and cornerbacks. Playart
    • 4-2-5 Under Slide Rover Wk Dog – 4-2-5 Under Slide is a new defensive formation for NCAA Football 12. This defensive look from the 4-2-5 calls for the secondary to align in a two deep look with one cornerback aligned tight and the other aligned in a loose technique. Rover Wk Dog is a pressure scheme that allows the defense to rush four defenders at the weak side of the offense. Playart
    • 4-2-5 Okie Across Bullets Dbl A – 4-2-5 Okie Across places the five defensive backs in the formation in a loose alignment of about 8 to 10 yards. In addition to the alignment of the defensive backs, the right defensive end aligns in a two point stance similar to that of an outside linebacker. Bullets Dbl A sends both linebackers in the formation on blitzes in each A gap. Playart
    New Uniforms(Confirmed)
    • Florida 2010 Nike Pro-Combat - Picture
    • Miami 2010 Nike Pro-Combat - Picture
    • Michigan State's 2010 uniform(was not in NCAA 11) - Picture
    • Texas' 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniform - Picture
    Videos

"Visual Upgrades"

Developer Interview - "Visuals & Pylon Physics" Video Provided by Machinima.com - OS Discussion Thread

NCAA Football 12 Trailer Teaser - Florida State Featuring Osceola and Renegade - OS Discussion Thread

Screenshots

OS Main Page pinned Threads - NCAA 12 Threads

Other Media links

Help Shape NCAA 12

• Like Like x 2
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

lemme guess where you got that from...

I won't have any comments until I see pictures, video and blogs.....

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I got it from Pasta.:) I needed a spot for site visitors to discuss.

4. KnightNoles

can you wait until you get something a little bit more concrete.. sheesh! lol

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We are running a website here jackwagon.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

It kind of is concrete... that is the description given to retailers aka 'Back of the Box' lingo... I'm up in the air about it... I'm a gameplay person more than a bells and whistles type, even though I want to see improvement in those areas as well it just doesn't get me excited.... I thought team specific entrances would be cool last season and can't remember the last time I actually watched one...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

So true man i never watch the team entrances

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

there is other news out there too....

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

*shrug*

It depends. If it's generic stuff like the Erin Andrews reports in R2G, then it's kind of pointless. I don't want to see a bunch of cut scenes after each play like they do in NBA 2k11. In the current way that the game is, I skip the stuff with the crowd whenever possible. It's not that the atmosphere isn't fun, it's that the stuff gets old after the first few times you see it.

If they're building on the stuff they have now, but making it more dynamic, that would be great... like having a PSU white out when a big team comes into Happy Valley... but it would be stupid if they did it against Youngstown State.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nick Fairley is a canidate to grace the cover of NCAA '12 as well as DeMarco Murray (as Ryno reported earlier)...

11. KnightNoles

Ingram or Locker will take the cover, in my opinion.

12. KnightNoles

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

knight you got sand in your vag again? Why so grumpy he is looking to spark up some conversation.
    as for me its a little to vague right now as to what this means....the white out/black outs would be cool if these were added.
    gameday pageantry? does it come with a beer pong table and a fried pig in the ground?

14. Wick36

The super impact players were really, really frustrating.

15. KnightNoles

enough said

16. KnightNoles

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Such as?

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya saw this yesterday, then I yawned and took a nap. Wake me when some actual news gets released, this is all kind of "teaser" info at best

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So, I heard EA is having some NCAA Football '12 news at 2PM EST on Facebook. What do you guys think it is?

20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Something about presentation.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The possible cover athletes... never officially announced

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think the 4 cover guys are Fairley, Murray, Ingram, and Locker.

23. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

The new NCAA '12 Shaunie Mason Locker Room Half Time report!!!!!!!!

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

25. Wick36

Jake Locker wasn't very good this year. :(

Should've put Ricky Stanzi or Christian Ponder up there instead! :)

I voted for Locker though... =/