NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Reveal & Q/A

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by RynoAid, Apr 17, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Somehow the last thread got corrupt and then i accidentally deleted it...

Here the new one.. sorry

EA SPORTS revealed all the gameplay marbles today in an live stream that lasted well over an hour. They broke down an all new passing system, the new read and react defense and a few other option and special team related improvements.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

If we can still ask questions...

With the new "slowed" User running routes, does this eliminate or at least make loops and rocket passes less effective?

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Sounds good!

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Also, what is ya'lls overall opinion on the gameplay. Does it make the offense too powerful or am I still gonna be able to play shut down defense?

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Is there a throw on the run rating and if not is there a difference between a mobile qb and a pocket qb with regards to the new throw on the run feature?

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Nautica, I saw you ask this in the earlier thread. I'm not a GC, but there is a throw on the run rating in Madden, so I wouldn't see why not.

8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

did they give ncaa the strategy pad this year it that is used in madden? Did they move to the a button for kicks? I hate the meaningless differences between the 2 games. Makes it hard to go back and forth between the 2 of them.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Please don't change kicking on NCAA.. I couldn't kick for shit on Madden during user games.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Being able to disguise coverage better will help biiiiig time on D. I hope it isn't leaned towards the offensive side as I am all about defense too Cimmy.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Essentially. This was fully built into the builds we had. But there was a 'feel' difference between '12 and '13. It wasn't any harder in the sense that the magnetism was gone. But was easier to manipulate your guy into a position where he could catch it. Kind of hard to explain.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The new feature is for the animations.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    They should have more answers this week. The build we played last was really rough with regards to the new offensive features. The trajectory was in but the catching system and such were not complete.

With the defense able to hide what they were doing, it added a whole other dynamic than what we are used to in '12. Most people know exactly where they are going to throw it before the snap in '12, that won't be the case anymore. You will be forced to read the defense.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    As big of a problem as play action was in '12, I'm surprised you guys aren't talking about it. This feature is HUGE!!!

You can basically cancel out of any animation now. So bootlegs, drop backs, reads, etc. The effect on the defense is determined by how long you hang in that animation before canceling out with the right trigger. So if you have to cancel out of a play action pass early due to the pass rush, the defense will be less likely to bite on the run.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Thanks Drift, really appreciate it.

There are no questions for me...this just looks AMAZING! I love the ability to abort the PA and the quicker action of it.

I think what all this COULD do is make league's more "lax" and more true to college football. With throwing across the body on the run being a huge risk this year, it could open up more flexibility in gameplay and give the college feel.

16. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

On D, can you edit the matchups, like have a particular OLB lined up on a TE even if the TE is on the right or left side of the formation. Also, are there wide side/short side LBs?

And on speed options, did they correct the CBs that would just fly into the backfield right off the snap?

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

man I love what I see so far :eek:

Can either of you Shaun Mason Drifterbub speak to any new defensive animations that look/feel more lifelike ? I noticed that it seemed to have more hand movement & fighting in the o-line / d-line interactions , was this just me not seeing NCAA since I quit playing in Novemeber or has this been improved ?

Also, it was my & some of my After Midnight members opinion at one point the the DT that lined up over the right guard was always breaking blocks, I know the build you had was early but did you notice anything odd like that ?

thanks agin for the details guys , I like that we have guys in the GC program that don't come across as blowing smoke up your ass kind of guys, very happy to have opinions I trust (y)

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't remember on your first question. Maybe Shaun can answer that this week. I know that they re-tooled the menu for audibles.

What you are describing about the CBs is a combination of a few things in '12. The CPU would always set their defense to aggressive zones. So the CB was basically playing on the LOS after the snap. The run recognition was a little too tight as well. And although I cannot prove it, I feel like the CPU would audible to more CB blitzes when you came out in an option formation. It happened a lot even in practice mode.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You are describing aggressive CPU pass rush in '12. Any DL can jump the snap and come barreling through your OL. You probably noticed it more because the DT will do that and blow up run plays on a consistent basis.

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

you know I thought that too about the CPU audible , but I assumed it was all of the crazy stuff in my early 20's finally showing up in my crazy head, now I don't feel so bad

21. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Any new info on online dynasty?

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Nope, that's coming out in a few weeks.

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

gotta be killing you guys with all the DND stuff :D

24. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Any improvements to the Read Option (or just the first part of the Triple Option)? I know that they had better tracking with the running back's along the option (thank god, I have so many fumbles from the RB just stopping and watching the ball go to the ground), animations and pitch timing. But I'm mostly talking about when you're in a 4 WR spread formation and running the single read out of the shotgun.

25. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No fear....I will be the human sacrifice and give all these new and improved features a go.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1