NCAA Football 13: Let's start now

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by RynoAid, May 21, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I want to start working on a list of TOP TEN features/enhancements the community would like to see in order of priority for the '13 title next year. I know there will be hundreds of ideas presented, but i want to walk away with only the 10 best, and potentially feasible additions in order of priority.

So to start, i want you to think critically about the direction you would like to see the developers go and present a thoughtful, logical enhancement. Once we get a substantial amount of submissions we will start prioritizing them.

This year i spent 4 weeks at Tiburon, starting in January, working with them on NCAA 11. The list we develop here will be submitted directly to people who make the decisions on feature development. I make no promises about anything, but I can assure you EA listens and reads feedback from the community.

On that note, let 'er rip...

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

So is what we know so far 'it' for '12?

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I would just like EA to take ONE thing (GameFace, Online Dynasty, etc.) and move it past Beta stage...or am I asking for too much?

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

No, not at all.. just getting a head start. Any 12 feature mentioned here will be removed after the full set is revealed.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

-Expandable/Customizable Stadiums
    -Conference Invites for OD (if its not in yet)
    -New/More Animations across the board (especially passing... long wind-up, quick-release, unorthodox)
    -Rugby Style Punt
    -More passing routes. More double-moves/head-fakes
    -Tighten up the Right Thumbstick juke. Its an amazing idea, but sometimes it lags when you go left/right/left etc. or string together a couple of cuts

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

-A highlight/replay camera angle where you have the view of a fan in the stands
    -The ability to set target weight(s) for prospects. if I get a 6'3 195lb LB, I want him to be 220+ by the time he leaves.
    -Recruits should have less drop-off when switching positions. OT/DT especially. Big RBs->DE
    "Youre telling me every 6'4 275lb kid from Texas NEVER learned how to tackle?"
    -Make the play-calling screen more user-friendly and faster/easier

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok...

1. DII Teams and the ability to play full seasons as them, including the playoffs
    2. Player personalities
    3. Expanded sliders similar to Madden's slider set
    4. Updated Sideline Players
    5. Player Roles (Whatever feature Madden has but the collegiate version)
    6. Dual TV Broadcast (like NCAA Basketball '10)
    7. Halftime Show
    8. Score Ticker
    9. Ability to see stats during one player games while picking plays like NFL 2k5
    10. Updated Commentary
    11. Recruiting classes should reflect team's performance on the field
    12. The ability to take over a successful program and run it into the ground (think Michigan).
    13. Realistic injuries based on hit instead of randomness. And the injury should make sense and maybe effect the player for the rest of the season/career. Maybe have a recovery time after the injury period is up in some cases... players shouldn't just bounce back to 100%.
    14. Remove the 'Big 5' secret recruiting powers. Florida and the gang shouldn't be able to grab any recruit they want, just because.
    15. Let a player's performance on the field determine their 'overall boosts' and not what 'star' they were recruited at.

8. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

ok i posted lots of my ideas on operation sports...here are some things i was thinking

1A. (had to make this my priority) Endzone fade lob pass/catch...it bugs me to death that we can have tall recievers and not execute this properly! This is a staple play in football and i hate that there is no proper way to do this play!

1. main screen in dynasty is a coaches office and the menu is a cpu...the office is based off where you are (school) which determines how big/nice it is

2. "ESPNU" Highlights of freshman you are recruiting as well as uploaded highlights from games during the season that you can watch weekly.

3. Alumni being brought into the game ie Desmond howard being shown in cutscenes giving pre game speeches at michigan, kirk herbstreit @ ohio st, etc

4.Sr. Night love for players... special scene for Sr. Night and maybe a slight ratings boost for those players because they are so hyped for that game.

5. Spring enroll for players recruited early...some will choose to enroll in spring...which will give them slightly higher ratings

6. Option to Retire Jerseys in dynasty mode for your great players...which wont mean the # has to go away..but u have an archive where u click on the jersey and can see the players stats/highlights/pics

7. pre game bus/ college game day + crowd shots outside of stadium for game of the week

8. Halftime cutscenes of coaches talking to players in locker behind the halftime menu.

9. Ability to create pride stickers

10. highlights from other games across the country a la bill walsh from like 92 lol

11. outside stadium shots prior to games like in nba 2k11

12. espnu signing day show...couple of live commits between big time players who are being fought for between players in the od

9. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

and oh yes...like jersey said...the Dual broadcast like ncaa basketball 10! that made that game 1000000 times better! And dont just add it...make sure its specific to days it would really be used...as well as teams (which i believe was only SEC) and also add abc while your at it since its also espn...might as well right?

10. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

2 more cool features....in CC dynasties...if you are a great coach at a school...they build a statue of you outside the school...which will be shown in cutscenes prior to home games with fans taking pics next to it...

another thing would be the ability to allow players who graduate to become a coach...so if u had a LB or SS or something who graduated...and they have a high awareness...you have the ability to make them a DC if yours moves on and then they will be a normal coach with the ability to move onto other schools, and even take your spot if you are fired.

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

-Fix CPU Recruiting logic: Address the over/under recruiting of certain positions.

-Fix CPU play-calling logic: No psychic stuff. Have them match up better vs 4-wide, called-run plays.

-Fix CPU Depth Chart logic: Play the best player at the position and have the backups be backups

-Walk-on kickers/punters should be much better than they are IMO.

-Difficulty Settings: Maybe add one. Either a new, hardest-mode or one in between All-American/Heisman. Or just modify the Heisman setting. I want to play the computer and feel challenged, not cheated.

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Not to shit on your point or anything, but do you never run the fade play at the goal line? I'd say 90% of the time I'm inside the 5 yard line I'll throw a fade to see if it works. I think they did a damn good job this year of toss ups in the end zone and the animations that occur.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

yea every now and then they look really cool. Sometimes they just turn around and stand there.. then jump straight up for the ball and it looks weird.

14. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

when i did it it seemed to either go on a straight line like a normal pass...or it was a slow throw that was easy to pick...it never looked like an authentic lob fade. idk if i jus was doing it wrong or what...but i never felt like it worked properly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

They are 'broken' in my opinion as well. Even though throwing is for 'f##s' and real men run the ball but hey, to each their own ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Fags is a bad word now?

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Fades can be done, but they dont always look right.

edit: the more I look at this, the more it looks like a slant to the outside

Here is an actual fade hot route from the game...

• Like Like x 1
  18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Corner fades (or 'Back of the Endzone') are very hard to pull off and it normally ends with one animation dominating the other making it look unnatural.

To make it 'agreeable' lets just say they should add more animations to some routes to make them look more 'natural'.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

As Max said-- please EA please make recruited kickers and punters not blow, just more quality. Would like to see the same with FB's, I know there are good ones now-, but there should be more.

20. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Instead of the player motions being auto they should be manuel, allowing me to stop a TE vehind the line of scrimmage for example.

21. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

im more speaking on the jumpball fades..which was more of the 2nd highlight of the 2. That one looked ok...but kind of generic and the defender did nothing on that play...it should be a jump ball between the 2 naturally you would think...

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

League History Including Player Stats (for user controlled teams), Awards, Bowl Winners

Google Docs is cool but manual input is a little 'tiring'.​

• Like Like x 2
  23. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

It would be interesting to get an optional financial aspect into the game...ticket prices, stadium expansion, travel costs, scheduling payments...a la MLB the Show.

I think it's been touched on already a little bit, but I feel like the recruiting player pool needs a bit of an overhaul.

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I think you've confirmed something I've suspected since OD's started. Due to the development cycle, the EA team is working right now on the plans for `13. They don't have the time to wait until we have `12 in our hands. This is the reason why a lot of the issues we find in games don't typically get fixed until 2 years later. Interesting.

Ryno - it'd be pretty cool to run a NCAA BBall style tournament on this like the Gamingtailgate did last year! It'd be interesting what our sim/mature based community would come up with.

25. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

1 - Fix AI Logic - recruiting, playcalling, depth chart movements, redshirting, etc.

2 - Implement fatigue!!!

3 - Slow down the hurry up offenses. Guys shouldn't be able to go 80 yards on 6 plays with 30 seconds left before half or at the end of a game. Fatigue would help this also.

4 - Lower camera angles, approx 15 feet off the ground. It'd make the game play more sim and be more challenging than playing from the current coaches cam where you can see every inch of the field.

5 - More variety in recruits, especially progression. 3 stars becoming 99 overalls and 5 stars dropping out of school or flopping etc.

6 - More realistic passing physics. You should be able to throw a fade route by throwing a lob. Currently the ball always stays too flat.