NCAA FOOTBALL 14 TITLE UPDATE #2 NOW AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jello1717, Aug 20, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

From: http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news-updates-gameplay/article/ncaa-14-patch-2

The second title update to NCAA Football 14 has arrived on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Players can download the update via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

The title update includes multiple fixes to streamline presentation and performance, as well as the following gameplay improvements and enhancements (among others):

Formation Subs Exploit
    Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %

Coaching Carousel Update
    Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty

Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
    Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly

Old Dominion Update
    Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”

Vignette Slowdown
    Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.

Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
    Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3

PS3 Optimization
    PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.

NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
    Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
    Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
    Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Is it safe to say those are all the issues being addressed? If so, this is an extremely disappointing patch (unless they plan to do most gameplay tweaks via a tuner set soon).

• Like Like x 3
  3. jello1717

It's definitely a small list, but I can verify that they fixed a bug with no huddling and getting the wrong formations and that wasn't listed in the notes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

How do they not address the coach goals issue? This was a problem that was caught early and heavily reported. It ruined the one feature they added to dynasty but goes untouched?

5. jello1717

Judging by all the back and forth with it and all the suggestions from EA that didn't work I'd bet dollars to donuts that they haven't figured it out yet.

You can't patch something that isn't fixed yet.

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Probably, but that's just ridiculous. Also, what happened to fixing the problem where NONE of the top juniors declare for the NFL draft. I even remember Drfiter mentioning in the bugs thread that EA knew about it and was going to patch the problem

7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Seems like a lot of the optimism was that all the issues were communicated to EA early in the process. Not a lot was fixed with this patch if this is a comprehensive list. If EA fails to at least address the bulk of the major problems by the next patch I'd mark this cycle as a failure for them. It's tough going through this every single year. This could be an amazing game, but EA is the solely responsible for it not coming to fruition.

I'll always play NCAA because I love college football, just sick and tired of them missing the mark on fundamental aspects of this game annually. I don't blame anyone one bit who doesn't have a hard on for CFB like myself if they drop this game. It is what it is & I guess we'll see.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

that is complete horse shit of a patch...why waste our time?

• Like Like x 5
  9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I think it's getting close to the time to trade in NCAA. Very disappointed with the issues in this game, and the inability to fix them.

10. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Yep

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sounds like the seasonals are rising up and looking for an excuse to ditch NCAA

• Like Like x 6
  12. PAgamer07

On a serious note, It feels like the defense is a bit more responsive. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, but I actually saw more plays on the ball than I have previously.

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I'm surprised its taken this long for some people to realize this. I think it will be a mass exodus once madden come out , that game as about a 10th of he issues NCAA has.

Maybe you should look into continuing to ruin Andrew Luck's career ? :D

14. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I think I Peench would disagree with your madden analysis Dan.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

:rolleyes:

16. PAgamer07

I don't get all the NCAA hate this year. The new recruiting system, coaching system, improved option game all make for a far superior game than last year. Sure there are minor bugs and of course the HUGE XP glitch, but outside of that, I like the game a lot. As do most people here it seems like.

Madden was anything but bug free last year. The salary cap glitch alone killed a ton of CCM's and caused the rest to restart. That's a pretty big bug.

• Like Like x 5
  17. IrishBearcat

I definitely agree that the gap between Madden and NCAA isn't as wide as the majority makes it out to be sometimes. I think it comes down to which level do you follow more; college or NFL? Usually that answer determines which game a person likes better.

18. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Hardly a seasonal - but if you want to voice your holier-than-though opinion go ahead.

• Like Like x 2
  19. IrishBearcat

I'm pretty sure PA was just joking, but I could see how you could interpret his statement either way. Bottom line- who cares? Cheez and PAgamer07 are two members who make TSO great. :)

Back on topic!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Patch or not, good game this year. I haven't had any issues addressed in this patch or otherwise.

21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Seems like you take real issue with my criticism of the demo? I've made it pretty clear it's just the demo, and I'm hopeful retail will be much improved.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Don't forget to cup the balls.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

It's cold in the basement:D

24. IrishBearcat

Or perhaps this is a discussion that interests me and I'd rather stay on topic? No way, that would make wayyy too much sense!

Although if you'd rather discuss testicles that wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure there's a forum for that somewhere too.

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Blah blah blah.

And yes, I think Danthraxxx is the moderator of that whole part of the site- but its more than just testes... there are also titties and the like.