NCAA Football 14 Wishlist: Let's start now

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by HackGolfer, Sep 6, 2012.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Let's start getting some ideas together!

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Online Dynasty:

• Increase users from 12
    • Spectator Mode
    • Auto generate "n" user games each season
    • Auto home and home schedules

Coaching Carousel:

• More customization options for commish (ie only HC offers, specific conference offers, etc..)
    • Allow commish to move a coach to specific job
    • Allow commish to reject job offers for other users rather than only force to 1st offer or force to stay

Dynasty Wire:

• Allow commish to set preseason custom schedules
    • More controls (ie, see awards, players of the week, bowl projections, set depth chart/playbook, etc..)

Recruiting:

• Signing day hat cermonies
    • Decommits

General:

• Increase roster limit
    • Add FCS schools or allow TB teams to be added without replacing existing team
    • Lower friction resistance setting on players
    • Video/Picture highlights for Studio Updates
    • Trophy Presentations (Awards and Post-Bowl Game)
    • Twitter/facebook integration
    • Medical redshirts

• Like Like x 4
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

More animations! More!!!

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Get someone who has a clue about running the fleXbox One to help out.
    Would be nice to have zone defense work a little better.
    Cut back on some of the in game cut scenes. No one really cares about them after they've played a couple of games. Could they also be contributing to the mass freezing issues?
    Deeper recruiting would be great. Maybe give a little more scouting time during season or maybe to teams when they are on a bye week.
    More intelligent blocking.
    Better pass rush balance from d-line. Teams with awesome d-lines should be able to generate pressure with just 4 guys from time to time.
    Figure something out for the break tackle animations. It would be nice if my 225 lb B-Back was able to run over/thru a 180lb cb. Instead he does some animation that causes him to bounce back 10 yards and get run down from behind.
    An extremely nice addition would be if the cpu defense didn't know what you were running every play. It is lame that when I audible the defense audibles mad shifts to the exact spot the play is going.
    Take the waiting for wr to look a step further. Its still to easy for people to quick throw passes to guys that aren't looking.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

this

• Like Like x 1
  6. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

• Bid for schedules, such as home and home, 1 home, neutral site
    Coaching Carousel:

• Position Coaches
    • User head coaches can hire their own staff
    • Coaches have a recruiting rating helps determine how convincing they are to recruits, take it a step further and assign personalities, coaches ratings and personalities would need to mesh with prospects to get good call results
    Recruiting:

• Regions inside of states, no more 4 commits gives you a pipeline to the whole state, exception would be for the state the university resides would receive a small bonus even if no region pipeline.
    Like what you had and added a few

• Like Like x 2
  7. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

1. Of course they need to address the line play.
    2. Better pursuit angles by defenders.
    3. Improve the pass coverage logic. Ex. In a man coverage with two deep safeties, the CB knows he has help to the middle of the field. A good, intelligent CB will not bite on an inside move and give up an easy catch on a corner route, because he knows where his help is. The CB would over play the outside routes instead.
    4. Tie the game difficulty to something besides a ratings boost for players. Players should play to their ratings no matter if you're playing on varsity or Heisman. Make lower difficulties easier by limiting the plays the CPU calls and not disguising blitzes or coverages. On Heisman, the CPU calls every play in their playbook, disguises coverages, attacks your weakest players, set's up plays, etc...A 90+ rated DE should abuse a 70 something T all day, regardless of the difficulty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Special Teams:

• Add punt formations. Very few teams still use the spread punt formation, most teams are doing the shield punt, and it is about time it is added to the game.
    • Multiple onside kick formations, as well as the ability to kick deep from one.
    • Surprise onside kicks like Madden has.

Commentary:

• Add multiple broadcast channels (i.e. ESPN, ABC, CBS)
    • With that adding in new commentary crews (i.e. Brent Musberger, Verne Lundquist, Mike Patrick)
    • Keep adding in new lines, nothing is more annoying then hearing the same thing over and over
    • Improve synching what is happening on the field with commentary, look at MLB the Show as a standard

Gameplay:
    • Improve O-line/D-line interaction
    • Team specific depth charts (i.e. hybrid positions, no OLB's in 4-2-5)
    • Continue improving DB logic
    • Fix Super Heisman and CPU knowing what play you are running
    • Make Coaching Carousel promotions harder

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kaos

Kaos Walk On

This is one of the main things that kills my OD experience.

10. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Almost all of my suggestions are gameplay related.

Gameplay
    • Improve the AI so that it is now intuitively smart and doesn't know your play, but actually has football logic and knows how to line up properly, cover its assignments properly and call plays properly (based on your history, not its psychic ability)
    • Improved read and react defense and motion flow (you can use that). The defensive players need to read their "keys" and react accordingly. Then when they decide where they are going, they need to flow more naturally to the ball or to their designated area. Right now the motions are very robotic and there is very little "flow" to the game.
    • Adding height/weight and possibly additional attributes would allow you to do away with the unnatural "super" team you run into at least once per season. I'm all for a lower rated team getting fire up to play me and performing better than their rating would indicate, but having them play like Alabama vs Michigan is insane. I want to see players play better and the coaches coach better, not a team full of robocops.
    • Fix the no huddle so that spread teams have their players look briefly to the sideline for a new play, not the forced and unrealistic confusion animation we have now.
    • Improve the passing trajectories and precision passing. This aspect is much too unpredictable, to the point I have almost exclusively quit using it. Certain routes are impossible to "lead". It even seems like in certain games (more so than others) that certain throws cannot be completed (or are almost always picked off). It just doesn't work as it is advertised making it more of a frustration than a benefit (in many instances).
    • PLEASE, for the love of gaming, fix the assignment logic by the defense. There should rarely (if ever) be a scenario where a DB outside of the right hash is in man coverage on a receiver to the outside of the left hash Yet, it happens repeatedly in the game. The players need to be smarter and switch their assignments to cover the man closest to them, but they also have to be more dynamic and ale to move from predetermined spots. If I hit "man up" my guys should "man up" on their assignment, not sit where they are staring 30 yards across the field at them.
    • Continue to improve the sideline logic and player's understanding of where they are on the field.
    Presentation
    • Much like Madden, I think NCAA is long overdue for a broadcast overhaul. I like Nessler and love Herbie, but let's get something new and fresh in there. I'll take Herbie with new lines if a completely fresh Musberger joins him. Sean McDonough would be great too. It is just stale now.
    • Fix the challenge issues. I rarely see replays, I cannot get out of them once they start, and many times they look completely unrealistic (feet buried in turf or limbs going through body parts).
    • Improve the Studio Updates. I honestly got bored with them after a few weeks. The commentary is repetitive and the feel is very generic.
    • Add a pregame and halftime analysis a la Madden. Doesn't have to be huge but something much more engaging than what we have now.
    • Continue to improve crowd noise. At times it is cool to hear the crowd roar as a big play unfolds, but by the end of the play it seems as if half of the crowd forgot it was a big play. This needs to be much more organic and have a better flow to it.
    • Add in lots of new stadium sounds. Honestly, I haven't used custom stadium sounds in two years. Partly because it doesn't work properly all of the time and part because its too time consuming. I just want to be able to go in and play a game and feel the difference in stadium atmospheres. I dont want to have to create it myself.
    General
    • Have the CPU randomly choose jerseys when playing the CPU. For as long as many of us have been playing, we have seen the default uniforms hundreds of times. Let's occasionally run into some alternates. Not every time, but even 30% would be nice.
    • Spectator Mode. This is one of the most needed additions to all sports games. With online leagues growing, the ability to scout your opponents or just watch a key game would be such a welcomed addition. It would also greatly help leagues police the members playing in them.
    • Increase the number of users in online dynasty. Madden can have 32. How many can we get in NCAA? 20? 30? 120? I'm to the point where I'm bored playing the CPU (especially with the AI inefficiencies) . I almost exclusively want to play users. But I don't want to be restricted to one conference. Allowing 20-30 users would greatly help us online dynasty guys.
    • Fix bugs with highlights uploading, coaching carousel, custom playbooks, commissioner switches, etc. If you cant get them perfect, remove them until you can. There is no need to waste a group of players' time who are playing a dynasty just to have it fold when the league freezes or all of the coaches are fired. It is insulting as a consumer to feel like you were more concerned with "selling me the product" than ensuring my experience once I was "sold".

• Like Like x 1
  11. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Add some features from Madden:
    1. Top of my list has to be accelerated play clock. I am a junkie for realism and currently I can never play 15 minute quarters and expect anything remotely close to realism. If you took the feature of Madden (as I have seen it, being able to choose individually how much of the clock you want accelerated would be great!)
      • This one feature would promote different clock management skills among different Users and CPU teams, also this would allow no huddle animations to be more acceptable, especially for simulation users)
    2. Play call menu sub packaging - This should be in the game, I f want to switch to my third string hb, qb, wr or any other player, all I do is select that position I want to sub and wala. instead of doing a formation sub that i have to reset before the next game.
    3. Like Majesty stated - Halftime presentation. Like a run down comparison of the stats, star performers, play of the game so far, that stuff, maybe do a around the country of halftime scores
      • Making each segement separate from the rest, so I can skip the ones I don't want to see rather than all or nothing, would be immensly awesome and make the feature extremely user friendly.
        • User v user games: maybe require both users to skip, or just pause until presentation is done for other user.
    Revamp Player attribute correlation logic
    • Why do we even have attributes if we can take a 76 QB and basically win the Heisman on Heisman? He can make all the throws virtually from the get go ... This makes recruiting skill position players basically pointless as the user can take control and make them more phenomenal than that player's attributes say he ever should be.
      • Attributes should be reflected regardless whether a user is controlling the player or not. If my hb is 78, especially due to low awareness, have it affect him on the field. QB has average accuracy or throw power, have short arm more throws or just miss his man more. A user should mostly affect the player by his decision making, ie when to throw, who to throw to, where to throw it, where to run, when to hit the seem. A user should not affect how the throw gets there other than his leading and even that should suspect to the players attributes, how the rb hits the hole and what not.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Put in the option to disable gameplan in Online Dynasty.
    Edit: Also, when you play @ Texas State and they are introducing the stadium/field he says "San Mateo" Texas... Its San Marcos.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  13. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I was just playing a game and had a cool idea.

I am switching schemes this year from run-n-shoot to zone read. My QB Wes Lunt is not ideal for this offense but my backup Chris Chelf is. I actually dropped Lunt down to third string hoping he would transfer. It got me to thinking about allowing user teams to compete for the services of guys who are getting squeezed out (Lunt is basically my Ryan Mallet). I'm not sure if Lunt is going to decide to transfer on his own, but if not the logic should be improved so that he will do so. You could also have the coach be able to offer him a release from his scholarship. Again, allowing user teams in an online dynasty compete for his services would be very cool as well.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This should be for offline dynasties too as the CPU can make the game too easy with its gameplannig.

15. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Very good stuff and spot on. I would love 'spectator mode'! I've wanted that for three years now.

16. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

I know most Online Dynasties don't last for a very long time, but, I think for sites like this, that have very organized leagues, it would be very cool if we had the option to have 24 and 36 team Dynasties.

I'm sure this has probably been talked about at EA, but I'm guessing they haven't added it, simply because most leagues don't last more than 1 or 2 Seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

This is equipment stuff I could think of. The NCAA is starting to develop a VERY distinct look from the NFL. A lot of teams are going in the "style" direction when it comes to uniforms, accessories, etc. Maryland is virtually the "Oregon of the East" by now. The way the game looks HAS to be addressed IMO because (at least to me) the game/series is starting to look stale.

1. They seriously need to take the graphics from Madden, and apply them to the NCAA series. Why they aren't in is mind-boggling to me. It's even more evident when you place both games in motion. Compare the trailers:

MADDEN

NCAA Football 13

NCAA doesn't look bad, but it would certainly look better if they took the graphics from Madden. This includes how Flak Jackets and Back Plates look too. The graphics in Madden actually better represent how real-life jerseys fit nowadays, especially the "Tech-Fit" types of jerseys. Example:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also check this comparison of Michael Vick in M11 and M12. I believe it basically represents how NCAA Football 13 looked graphically versus how Madden looks currently (and how NCAA SHOULD look going into 14):

[​IMG]

2. Equipment. IMO there's no reason why equipment is consistently left out of the NCAA Football series. The most notorious omission is probably this facemask, which is in Madden.

[​IMG]

In fact, Madden has a TON of facemasks and helmets I didn't even know existed. A lot of those are commonly seen in the NCAA but are not there. Another example, the facemask Lamar Miller wore last year at Miami (again, this one is in Madden):

[​IMG]

It's to my understanding that both Madden and NCAA are developed at the same studio. Is there no way for them to transfer or share stuff between the two series'?

3. The padded basketball sleeves that players are starting to wear. Totally optional but they look cool IMO and more and more players are wearing those.

4. Actual sponsored equipment for Under Armour and Adidas outside of their cleats. Gloves, sleeves (noted above)

Not sure how guys take these type of requests here but I feel they're important to keeping a player engaged in the game, and hopefully they're considered.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I have a few main things I'd like to see fixed in NCAA, all gameplay related. At the end of the day that's what it's all about, not cheesy new presentation/announcer additions.

1) Fix D-line/O-line interaction. You shouldn't need to blitz to get pressure, but unless you user a DE/DT that's pretty much what you have to do. 4 rushers can get pressure in real life, and it should in the game also. The offensive line play is actually pretty good though I hate suction blocking. I absolutely hate when I'm running to make a tackle on the edge and a blocker "sucks" me in so I can't even contain the play.

2) Fix zone coverage. I thought zones played pretty well in past installments but for some reason zone coverage went backwards in this year's game? Man coverage sometimes baffles me also. Why are corners and outs so uncoverable, yet the other routes get covered fairly well. Just seems weird to me but if they fixed those two routes I'd be happy with man.

3) HB screen plays. I guess this may tie into D-line play, but it amazes me how easy it is for people to run screens in user vs user games even when there's no blitz.

4) WR screens - Would love to see the blocking on these fixed so they're viable again. I'm not asking for success 100% of the time, but in real life if you see a WR screen thrown it rarely results in a loss. Usually a no-gain at worst.

5) Under-center option, aka triple option, etc is broken. I'd love to see this fixed so I can run it again. I think the "read" DE logic should be taken away because that isn't how the triple option is ran in real life. It's usually just a decision pre-play by the QB if he's going FB or keeping the ball. I really enjoyed the triple option in past games so I hope they go back to how it used to be.

6) read option - I love what they did to the read option this year but it should only be the DE who follows the read, not their whole defense. Take for example I read the DE crashing and hold the ball with my QB, other defensive players should then break towards the QB, not already be at the HB who the 5 of them crashed towards. So basically I'm asking for a slight nerd to the read option. If you make the right read it should still give you a few yards, but not 10+ every QB carry.

7) Dropped passes/picks - This is more of a user/user problem than anything else. The amount of poorly thrown balls I see users throw and get away with is just awful. I've had 20-point second half leads get pissed away because of the other user just forcing balls in and getting lucky. Likewise, why do star receivers drop wide open balls? I've seen this a few times. Wide open passes should very, very rarely get dropped. It just doesn't happen in real life unless it's a poorly thrown ball.

8) run/pass option plays are broken. I'm not sure if EA just decided not to test these plays before going live or if someone at EA knows something I don't but these plays are awful. On some of them the QB doesn't even step back before throwing it. There's one run/pass option in my PB that the QB will actually step forward when you hit "A." There should also be less animation time from when you hit "a" to drop back to pass and can actually pass. The delay is a bit too much and basically renders the play useless.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now ^_^

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Not sure if anyone has watched University of Louisiana Monroe's offense, but their two QB read option pass is one of the coolest things I have seen. Can't find a video of it anywhere, but it is something I would like to see added to the game.

20. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I like everything you put up here. I have a few more thoughts on coaching carousel/assistant coaches.

If they don't create position coaches, which I admit could end up cumbersome, then I would like a LOT more depth to be added to Coordinators and Head Coaches.

Right now Coaches are just a rating and for CPU teams they bring in a new playbook. In real life there is a lot more flavor to coaches. Some OCs are QB gurus or Running Game specialists. DCs specialize in DL, LB, or DB recruiting and development.

I think every coach (head or coordinator) should have a specialty. OCs or a HC that came up as an OC he should have a position specific specialty. QB, RB, WR/TE, OL. You could even further specialize QB to Dual Threat of Pocket Passer. That coaches team would then get a bonus for recruiting and development of that position. The bonus should be noticeable but not ridiculous and should increase slightly as the coaches grade increases. The grades should increase more gradually than they do in the current game as well or we will see too many high rated coaches. Note, a QB specialized coach could have a bonus for all types of QBs but slightly more for a Dual Threat or Pocket passer based on their assigned specialty.

HC with a defensive background or a DC could be specialized as DL, LB, or DB with similar recruiting and progression bonuses.

With specialization we could see the following scenario. USC has a QB Guru HC and is going up against Oregon with a RB guru head coach for the #1 QB. The USC coach would get a decent bonus for pitches due to his specialty. It should also have a an effect on the Coach Style pitch in favor of the specialized coach and a decent effect on swaying vs a team whose specialization doesn't match the recruit.

After you sign your recruits you should get a moderate bonus each year for progression of the position you specialize in and the specialties of your OC and DC.

This would make being able to hire your own assistant coaches vital and much more important to the game. If you are a HC with a QB specialty you may want to hire an OL, WR, or RB centric OC to compliment you based on the style of offense you want to run. You might also want to "double up" and hire an OC with the same specialization. You could become "QB U" with a HC and OC that get that much more of a bonus for QBs than their competitors. Again, the coaches ratings would affect the amount of the bonus so if you have an A+ QB HC and an A+ QB OC you could be killing it with QB recruiting and development.

If your OC or DC gets hired away or their contracts expire it will give you a lot to think about in your decision. If you have built up some awesome depth at LB when your DC gets hired away, you might choose to go after a DL or DB centric DC. This could also lead to competitions for stud coordinators by user coaches in OD.

I think this would have even more of a positive effect on coaches who start out at lower prestige schools. That bonus could be the difference in pulling a difference maker away from a higher prestige school. Think of it like Gus Malzahn pulling a 4 star dual threat QB to Arky State who also had offers from Arkansas or Texas A&M.

I think specializations could add a lot of flavor to the game and would definitely make the coaching carousel much more in depth and interesting. There should be a lot more moving around by top OCs and DCs. HCs should be very worried about their QB guru OC being lured away to a higher prestige school or getting a HC gig. It would also make finding the right replacement coordinator a BIG decision.

• Like Like x 2
  22. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I've got another one. This one should actually be really easy to implement.

I want the ability to seach specifically for JuCo transfers when recruiting. Some of them can be real steals and really help a developing team.

In one of my dynasties I pulled in a JuCo Sophmore Recieving TE. He is a beast. He's actually better at WR than most of my recievers. 86 catch rating. 78 overall.

I also pulled in a JuCo Sophmore CB who is a day one starter due to horrible existing depth on my 2 star team.

• Like Like x 2
  23. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

GAMEPLAY:
    Maybe I just lack the 'stick skills' but I would love it if controlling my defender on NCAA felt like that on Madden. I have too many moments where my player will run right by the running back with the ball and not attempt a tackle. I'm not sure what you call this but it drives me nuts when I'm in position and I know the player is going to run by me without my guy attempting a tackle.

Another instance would be on a deep pass, when I'm trying to go up and make a play on the ball- I press the 'Y' button and I get nothing from the player, he just stands there as the receiver hauls it in. I'm sure its because i suck but again, I wish I had more control over those things like I do in Madden.

I've read it earlier but I agree, if you have a dominate 4 man line, it should be able to get pressure on the QB with consistency without having to bring LB's and DB's from all over.

PRESENTATION:
    I've thought this for a few years now but why is there not more options for hair styles. Why not have a Clay Mathews, long hair option, or maybe a shorter dreads option other than that ponytail thing.

RECRUITING:
    Another comment I read and agree with, having personalities tagged with certain coaches and how recruits are affected by that during visits and calls.

Along that line how's about when you first select your coach you choose what kind of a coach he is, because some coaches have great developmental coaching skills or just know how to go grab prized recruits. So if I started a guy out as an incredible recruiter, I would have a bonus in that area and like Connected Careers on Madden, my coach would earn points that I could put towards player development or something that would increase player ratings.

• Like Like x 1
  24. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

That reminds me. I think all coaches HC, OC, and DC should have recruiting grounds. They would get bonuses for existing pipelines and a bonus even if the kid is outside the teams pipelines. You could break it down to state specific or regional.

Couple this with the specializations I detailed in a previous post as well.

Then there would be times when you have to make a decision on what coordinator to hire. Do you pick the guy who an excellent QB guru but has recruiting ties to Deleware? Or do you go after the guy who has deep Texas roots but is an OL specialist.

• Like Like x 1
  25. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

I love that idea cyhiphopp

That might be too in-depth for alot of basic gamers but they can always have CPU manage their assistant coaches.