NCAA for Madden?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

How many are REALLY thinking of ditching NCAA for Madden? I have been going back and forth on this since we halted play. Thoughts?

(doesn't mean I am going to, but I am really thinking of it so I won't have to dump 60 bucks for it)

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I would consider this if the next patch falls on its face. Separately, I just purchased the EA Sports Season Ticket and will be playing Madden 12 tomorrow night!

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I probably will be ordering Madden via amazon, but for what it's worth, until EA gets their shit right I won't be giving them more money than what I have too.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Same here, Amazon really is the best place for ordering anything. With games is almost an automatic now that you can lock-in 1) release date delivery and 2) $20 promotional credits. When you combine this with setting up alerts on slickdeals for anything related to Xbox with Amazon, you are almost always guaranteed deals (XBL points, XBL membership, etc...).

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I will never ever play Madden and NCAA is the only game I buy yearly. Combine that with how much fun I keep saying I'm having with my offline (which is where the most fun is always to be had) and you know my answer.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

We all know you like playing with yourself Jello....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have enough money in my paypal account from selling some magic cards. I hope EA realizes how much they have shit the bed on this years game. Maybe we should all go out and pick up '11 and continue on with the OLD file....lol

9. jello1717

Isn't that the guy that's quitting because the CPU QB threw the ball 1 yard past the LOS? I'm sure most disagree, but to me that's almost as bad as the guy on OS that's quitting because there's 3 facemasks in the game that don't sit on the helmet correctly. For me, the QB throwing a yard past the LOS isn't even something that I would've noticed.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Magic cards, dare I ask? Wait, maybe we reviewed this topic before, right?

Honestly, I'm so sick of hearing the complaints. I get it, the game has issues. But that constant and often regurgitated complaints from grown men really gets to me.

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

No but when you watch the video, he does make a good point because as soon as the qb crossed the LOS the secondary started running towards the qb and left their coverage assignments. IMO its a pretty valid reason to be pissed off.

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

They are big money if you have cards from the original set. My buddy has a binder of alpha and beta sets, and the binder is worth a little over $40,000.

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Can you drop a photo in here so I can see what we're talking about?

14. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

jello1717 I figured out what the deal was with the slider setting that was causing the extreme stats when super simming. EA has the slider thing mixed up, its opposite from what it should be. So when you move the bar to the right for pass, you are actually setting it for more run tendencies.

15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

17. jello1717

I'm 95% certain this is incorrect. It's always been my understanding that a tendency slider like this:

Run/Pass [___________________]
    means that moving the slider to the left is moving to be more "Run" and moving it to the right is more "Pass."

To verify this, I went into coach info and edited Navy's coach (so I could see his tendencies) and his is all the way to the left (25) which I interpret to mean mostly runs (likely 75% runs and 25% passes). I looked @ Navy's season ending stats and they rushed for 3569 yards while passing for 1149. That tells me the slider works the way I'd expect it to and that it's the opposite of what you wrote.

Now, if supersim behaves differently than normal sims, then that's another topic.

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

That's a relative number, you have to find someone who is willing to pay $40,000. (or should I say a nerd who has that kind of extra cash laying around)

19. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I won't buy madden.......actually, with the debacle of this game, the complete lack of community updates from EA regarding the POS they've pedalled to the masses, and the other issues that cause great distaste for EA in my eyes, I've decided I will be implementing an EA Sports boycott in my household. I will never again buy an EA Sports game first hand unless there's a deeply discounted deal like NCAA for $40. Otherwise, I will wait for someone to trade a copy into gamestop and pick it up there. I'm never again giving them my $$$ and the statistic of an additional unit sold. EA Sports can take a long walk on a short dock for all I care.

If you really think about it, none of their games have any kind of progression. It's just the same POS recycled each year with slightly upgraded graphics and new wrapping. I'm done with their BS. I hope someday, they finally lose their monopoly they have from their sporting licenses and somebody else can again challenge them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I might be mistaken but madden is discounted through amazon, or toysrus.com

21. GoGators

Not doing it....I will not spend more money on EA this year that's guaranteed.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I refuse to support an EA football title any further until I have a true belief that they care about the consumer before, during and after the release of their product.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I just realized that I have the disk protection on my copy of NCAA. If I were to put a burn ring in it, I could just take it back and get an un-opened copy of NCAA then take it back with my receipt and exchange it for a copy of Madden so it won't cost me a dime!

24. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

Would work, Im to the point to where I have lost almost total intrest in this yrs game. The whole starting and stopping has left a bad taste in my mouth. I can only echo everything that has been said. But I have made the statement a couple times I am for trading this in for Madden its been a debacle to say the least

25. GoGators

I bought NCAA this way through Amazon this year for the $20 merchandise credit. Does anyone know how this works? I was going to order something from Amazon now using the $20 discount, but it's not in my account and when I get to the purchase screen it doesn't automatically deduct it or anything that I've noticed.

Any ideas?