NCAA MBB Championship

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by hammerhead1010, Apr 3, 2012.

1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Thoughts?

UK wins with 2 seniors and starts 2 soph 3 fresh?

How do you feel about it, what does it do for the game. Does it change the landscape? Interested to hear some outsiders views.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Doesn't change anything -- one and dones run college basketball. Players aside, I'm happy for Coach Cal -- I got to see a lot of his teams growing up when he coached at UMass and paid attention when he recruited Camden's Dajuan Wagner to Memphis, which I think started the talent surge down there in Memphis.

Happy for him, he really deserved it. Despite me hating one and dones, knowing big programs are more likely to get them, I'm glad to see two historic programs like Kentucky and Kansas battle it out for the title.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Purdue will win the next 2 championships.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

It's not surprising, considering that the players who leave after a year or two are usually the best in the league.

I think the "one and dones" ruin college basketball. Either let players enter in from high school or make it 3 so they can actually pretend like they're student athletes.

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I would like to see something like the MLB does. If they want to go out of HS go, but stay at least 2 years if you come to school. I would love to have that team back another year.

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I don't like the 1 year rule....... it dilutes the overall quality of college b-ball

The problem is that the NBA would have to be the ones to make the rule and they are under no obligation to help college ball, they are in the business of making their own league as good, entertaining, and profitable as possible.

Colleges should start offering long term scholarships with "buy outs" for early exiting players. Doing that would discourage players from leaving early and would generate revenue when guys leave early. Not a perfect solution, but something that could be done that would at least start to make a difference