NCAA OD's

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by nellycuz, May 31, 2013.

1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Dudes, there has been some talk about starting an NCAA League once it drops in a month. The plan is (I think) or that has been proposed, is to run this league along side our Madden league and import each class as we go through our Madden seasons. The first 4 classes will have the real names of the current college players and then from there on out, there will be generated names from NCAA, not Madden. Another benefit of this will be there won't be a need for draft guides or I guess it will harder at least. With shorter seasons in the NCAA , we should have no trouble keeping pace with the Madden franchise. We all (those of us that participate in the NCAA OD) will be familiar with the draft classes and can provide content to the Madden league as far as story lines/stats etc. since there aren't any storylines with imported draft classes. I think this is a win-win situation and not sure it's been done before on TSO. If you don't want to be a part of the NCAA that's fine, but who all would be interested in this or have any other info/details/advantages/disadvantages about this??

I'm in

2. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

You know I'm in! If we can get atleast 8 people to sign up, I will pursue it to see if we can start one up new, or head up an existing one that has a lot of spots open.

3. RRAHx2

Crowe - JAX
    brizz98 - IND
    BrewBomber - HOU
    Hitmhrd72 - TEN

oneshot24 - NE
    whatspeakyou - NYJ
    AwaLL - MIA
    CCTxWonTon - BUF

nellycuz - PIT
    mmorgan184 - CLE
    Snake Eyez - CIN
    Wiznerd420 - BAL

Aspect1 - OAK
    GDip - DEN
    SFRANGER6969 - KC
    T.B.A.R. - SD

Jonathan Applegate - DAL
    The Rulah - WAS
    Craig Brown - PHI
    nicknick68 - NYG

PantherKing1983 - CAR
    jay2149 - ATL
    Coachmedicis - NO
    Chief9 - TB

Anthrax78 - SF
    SmashMouthFB33 - STL
    UofCWildcat - SEA
    RRAHx2 - ARI

LSUTRUTH - CHI
    Toasted Cheeto- MIN
    TryHardNation - DET
    dillonb15 - GB

4. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I was the one pushing it on skype....I'm def in.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I applied to be a commish of an OD so if that is put through then it'd be great to have some quality guys who know the ropes of TSO and can help me breed some fngs.

6. Jonathan Applegate

Jonathan Applegate Walk On

I'm in - great idea.

7. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

8. RRAHx2

6 so far... (y)

9. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I'm in. I love torching defenses in NCAA w/ the Run-and-Shoot. :)

I'm REALLY REALLY hoping that the import draft class feature will work for online franchise in Madden... in years past though, it was only an offline franchise feature (and a poorly done one at that.)

But I loved the import class feature even though it sucked before.... because I absolutely hate drafting fake players every year.. I follow both college and pro football too closely to get excited about fictional characters lining up across from the real guys... especially at the skill positions. I think I drafted nothing but lineman in my first RS year just because of that. lol

10. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Im down

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If I'm commish and I'm making the choices, you're only in if you don't steal my team there (in NCAA) too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RRAHx2

that is 8 so far! great stuff guys! lets see if we can get 4 more... :geek:

13. TryHardNation

There's also gonna have to be some decisions made once we get the numbers such as how many conferences, how many user games, recruiting restrictions, and that stuff.

14. whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou Walk On

Count me in. Dibs on my Illini. If you guys want to make in interesting, we can start it as a carousel league. Basically every user starts as a coordinator for a 1-star program and progresses to bigger and better programs through the carousel (or stays at their 1-st and builds a powerhouse). Also no restarts against CPUs. I'm in another league like that and it's crazy fun, but those first few seasons are aggravating as hell due to all the CPU losses.

Just a thought.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  15. RRAHx2

I am sure we we will get all the rules and conference figured out. First, we need to get a league lol.

16. TryHardNation

I definitely like the idea of a carousel league especially with coach skills which will allow us to not only build up a school, but build up our coach.

17. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

If NCAA is good this year I'm definitely in. I need to see some big changes in gameplay before I'll be happy with it though.

18. RRAHx2

you would be the 10th one (tentatively) looking for 2 more..

19. GDip

GDip Walk On

I'm in but would want to talk about things involving importing rosters. Not sure it would fair to everyone not involved in both leagues to use our NCAA roster that we played with. I would rather just import rosters not used by actual owners so there's no 'inside information' not privy to the whole league.

20. RRAHx2

This was my issue with it also. Depending on the "advantage" the owners would get could change things.

21. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Importing draft classes has been so historically awful I don't think we can even consider it an option right now.

• Like Like x 1
  22. RRAHx2

Until we have the games in hand, nothing certain.. all speculation at this point. So just buy NCAA and get in on this! lol

23. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

How much of an advantage are they getting? You would still have all season to scout.

24. GDip

GDip Walk On

to me doesn't matter if the advantage is small or big. Any advantage just isn't fair to the people not in both leagues. And there is an advantage for those who would play with or against people who they could draft or choose not to draft.

would it be cool to draft a guy you used in NCAA, YES!!! but it doesn't make it the best decision for the group

25. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Im down