NCAA Recruiting and Offensive Style

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by GoGators, Nov 10, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

NCAA Recruiting and Offensive Style

Has anyone else tried this?

I'm the Gators in my dynasty (imagine that), and now that Tebow has graduated, I'd really like to find a dual threat QB to recruit. However, the only ones that are ever interested in me are pocket passers. Is there a way to fix/manipulate this?

My offensive style is currently spread, I'm wondering if I changed it to option would I start to get running QB's interested? If anyone controls GaTech or an option offense, can you shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Also, it's sort of lifelike because I've noticed that at UF I get a bunch of fast and short WR recruits, but the big NFL prototype WR's (i.e. Julio Jones, AJ Green's) go to Bama, UGA, and LSU. What the heck!?!

Anyone else notice this or have a similar issue?

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm not really sure, but it might help to check your offensive tendencies.

I'll have to look more into this

I know recruits look at you more if you have a need at a certain position...that year, more recruits seem interested in your school.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Check out the balanced QB's. You can generally find ones that have pretty good speed and TRK rating. Also, don't be afraid to go after in-state and pipeline recruits that fit your standards for a QB. They're usually easy to sway. Even check your athlete's that are similar to linebacker size.

I know no one ever wants to do this but I would try to get by with 3 stars until I could find my "Golden Boy" Tebow-like QB.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

In my Michigan dynasties I have my setting as spread and I've recruiting nothing but dual threat guys. Some have been as slow as 82, but most have at least 85 speed. I've found some with great break tackles (B+ and muthafuggin "A" break tackles!) and others with decent running abilities (the guy I signed this year in my OD looks more like a RB that can throw than a QB that can run).

I would describe most of my QBs that I've signed as "running QBs that can throw decently" instead of "passing QBs that can run okay." All of these guys have had initial interest in my school with my "spread" type of offense.

5. GoGators

Alright, thanks for the input.

Jello, that's sick that you basically found Tebow #2 in the NCAA recruiting pool. "A" break tackle ability is sick. Too bad he went to U of M though.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    you gotta find gems in these classes now...sometimes there aren't many KNOCK EM OUT recruits there...but dig deep, you'll find someone who is intriguing. I found a 3-star QB...pocket passer but came in as an 80 ovr freshman, 84thp, 84tha...I redshirt him, in two years he should be ready to roll.

7. jello1717

Unfortunately he doesn't have Tebag's trucking ability (I think it was in the "C"s) but that break tackle has me really drooling.

I agree 100% with Mogriff. I have found a lot of guys who should be much better than ones ranked above them by looking at their ratings. This is especially true of offensive linemen (that I've seen). I'll see some 5* O-linemen with block ratings of B, C+, C, B+ and then I'll see some 4* or even 3* O-linemen with blocking ratings of B, B+, B+, B+.

I can't figure out why the first guy is rated so much higher than the 2nd guy.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My guess with the offensive linemen is that there is so much more to their ratings. Like EA now has their footwork and strength, as well as their run block IN GENERAL...etc.

I just took a look at this tackle. He's like the #1 rated T and he had C+ for the pass block, run block, impact blocking and strength. But look down, his footwork and strength are great. What's interesting is this kid is 6'5", 232lbs LMAO...and he's the #1 rated tackle.

I can't explain how WEIRD some of these recruits are. Your better off finding gems down in the 3 and 4 star range...they might be better off than the so-called "blue chip" prospects.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

you can alter the type of players you want in recruiting plan.

10. jello1717

I didn't think that changed what type of player is interested in you. I thought that was to tell the CPU what type of player to go after. Is that incorrect?

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That was my understanding of that part.

Allow me to say this one last time: FUCK CHARLES!!! :D ;)

12. jello1717

It sounds like some Florida owner is still bitter that the maize and blue out recruited him for Tebag Jr. :partynanas: :bangnana: :dance nana: :thingnana: :elephant:

13. GoGators

Damn Basis! Come on....you gotta bring your "A" game. We can't be losing recruits to U of M for crying out loud......Unless it's Denard Robinson and we tell him there's no way in hell he's playing QB at UF. So then he goes to U of M.

14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

As a religious follower of real-life college recruiting I can say that this is extremely realistic. I can admit that the analyst do get it right a lot of time. For instance if you take a look at Rivals' Top100 from say 2004, a ton of those guys ended up being drafted. However there's a ton of factors that can lead to a recruit looking better than he really is. The team around him, the competition level, style of offense, etc. can all lead to a recruit looking better/worse in high school than he will be at the next level.