NCAA Series - What bothers you the most...

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Drifterbub, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Going back to NCAA '12, what are some things that have plagued the series?

Dynasty

- More control over difficulty (recruiting, gameplay)

Gameplay

- Interception camera and player control.
    - Sideline and endzone awareness
    - 'Go Down' on defensive interceptions
    - Fatigue Slider
    - Realistic passing game (missed throws, more throwing motions)
    - Realistic catching (more dynamic dropped passes, tipped balls, etc)

RTG

- Ability to modify quarter lengths
    - No stat tracking for player

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

UnLocked conference games on schedule. Customizeable Bowl Scheduling.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Elaborate please, sir.

4. PAgamer07

Right now we only have the ability to select by rankings or winners of conferences for BCS games, and even then it's nearly impossible to get a user game on a consistent basis. Basically this falls into line with fully customizeable schedules.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Being able to select neutral site games would go into this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think I got you there. But what are you suggesting other than rankings or conference winners? Changing the order of selections for conferences?

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm thinking- and just a guess, but something that would be nice- be able to change all bowl tie ins. For example, take 3 or 4 non BCS bowls and make them tie whatever the two conferences an OD is split across by users.

That came out kinda funky, but basically if I have an OD and 6 users are in the SEC, and 6 in the Pac 12-- let us make 3 or 4 non BCS bowls that the two schools will meet in. I think that is what PA was driving at, but if it wasn't it would still be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

Just have more input into ALL the bowls. Similar to what Kasper is saying. For instance.... Allow me to add SEC #3 and B1G #3 to play in the whogivesafuck.com bowl. SEC and B1G would be user conferences in this example.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Okay I got you.

10. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I fully realize this style is at the bottom of EAs list but if they are going to put it in the game then atleast give it a little attention.The piss poor execution of the triple option game. The reads and way the defense reacts are horrible. It will be an absolute waste of time but I will elaborate in more detail later today. I know drift has a good working knowledge of this type of offense.

11. PAgamer07

Thanks. Basically customization is what I want. I do not enjoy playing the CPU, therefore I should have the ability to schedule 12 and hopefully 13 and 14 user games depending on how the chips fall at end of year.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Remove the psychic nature of CPU defense. The CPU might be worth playing if it could be competitive without cheating. I'm still shocked that after 6-8 years of the series they can't program in the CPU being able to call defenses based on down/distance/score/offensive players on the field. Trying to run a spread option offense vs the CPU is pointless, since if you call a run out of 4 wide the CPU STILL knows that it's a run and will call closer to a base defense than they should (for example, the CPU coming out in 4-3 vs 4 wide on 1st down because you have a run called).

• Like Like x 5
  13. PAgamer07

Agreed 100%. And when you audible, they some how know exactly what play you audibled to! It's comical to watch as you audible, they shift, audible again, they go shift again...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yup, among many other reasons, I won't pay money for an EA football product until they revamp their playcalling logic for the CPU. It's ludicrous to me that they can't seem to fix this obvious problem in nearly a decade.

15. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

The lack of field awareness for defenders.

Example - a cover three is called so the CB has a deep zone assignment, the WR runs a deep come back route. Most of the defense has shifted away from his area so it's basically him and a WR on one side, since I haven't gotten any pressure on the QB (whole other issue) the reciever begins to run back towards the LOS, meanwhile my defender stays in his zone allowing the QB to make a 40 yard, across the field, 3rd and 18 game saving pass to his WR because my 91 ovr CB won't adjust to the broken down play.

Offensive player field awareness

Example - on tosses, off tackles, counters and some power O running plays a pulling guard or fullback will run right past a defender to block someone or something else on the play. If better AI or some type of advanced blocking logic could be improved on run plays to allow blockers to switch to the biggest threat to the ball carrier that'd be great. Maybe some type of run audible in which you could call on an off tackle, for example, that would make the fullback demolish the first defender through the line. Call it "zone blocking" audibles IZ-inside, OZ-outside. I know it would be difficult to implement but even half way done could prevent blown blocking assignments every third run called.

Target awareness or spotlight could also be improved.

• Like Like x 3
  16. PAgamer07

Which is why I want there to be an option in NCAA for full user schedule. Madden has it already. Now NCAA needs to allow for this.

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

the blocking logic is absolutely abysmal.

• Like Like x 2
  18. PAgamer07

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

1) Fix the Coach's Challenge and allow it to be used in user match ups. There have been too many key moments where this feature has let me down.

2) Make recruiting a little more in depth. I'd like to see something similar to the Madden Twitter feed that chronicles a recruits success(or not) in high school. Judging by how they do each week it could affect their ratings, thus changing their overall and where they stand among the rest of the nations recruits. Something else that would be nice is to have the ability to steal or persuade a recruit from another school after a hard commit, but not make it overpowering because you only see maybe two or three big name recruits leave one school for another per season (if that).

3) On the passing game they need to pass the ball around, instead the CPU just zeros in on a target and all you have to do to stop it is either highlight that receiver or constantly manually cover the guy and you've pretty much stopped their offense.

4) Give the CPU the ability to actually be able to run the option.

5) Make the deep ball tougher for users and CPU.

I could probably come up with some more things but if these things were fixed or added, NCAA would be on the right track.

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My number one issue; That I have to play the CPU at all. I want 120+ online dynasty. The 12 man cap is a legacy issue and an artificial constraint.

• Like Like x 1
  21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

To be completely frank, recruiting fucking blows. As someone who follows this shit way too much in real life (I know you do as well Drifter), I can tell you this game is missing some essential variables that could make recruiting way more dynamic.

-The recruiting pool is way too shallow.

-Gems are way too easy to identify, particularly at the DL and OL positions.

-Still way too few top defensive prospects and halfbacks (and too many WRs)

-I don't like how exact scouting is. I want to get a good idea of how good a player is, but knowing his exact overall and ratings before he gets to campus is lame and unrealistic.

-You should have to recruit for a system, somewhat similar to Madden. What makes Saban and his Alabama team SO good is that not only do they recruit well, but they have the perfect players for that system. Instead of Madden's artificial overall drop, I'd like to see a real impact on ratings and development.

-Assistant coaches should play a pivitol in recruiting. They should be assigned regions and be designated to those recruits. They should have ratings that dictate how influential they are, and you should have to worry about losing these coaches in CC. Think of the influence Tosh Lupois had on recruits while at Cal (and taking Shaq with him to Washington).

-National relevance should dictate how many schools can recruit nationally. Very few schools can. I'd like to see that # limited to the very elite/national programs.

-Dynamic player personalities with recruits. Some have a bad work ethic (should affect development and team chemistry), some have great leadership, etc. A great leader should aid in recruiting efforts, as I see some of the high profile recruits (Notre Dame's Jaylon Smith) have a tremendous influence over perspective recruits.

-Playable UA All American game/Army AA Game. CH2K8 let you play with recruits in AAU games, and it was an epic experience. I loved getting a "feel" for recruits.

-I would love to see a live twitter feed for recruiting and dynamic storylines for classes. This would be a HUGE undertaking, and I'd expect it to take multiple dev cylces to do right. I just love what it brings to Madden.

• Like Like x 6
  22. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

This. This. And a little more This.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

AHHHH ... the 120 smash mouth orgy. That shit would be grand.

24. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Yeah, um.... I'd co-sign on every bit of that.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    1) I don't know how many times ill have to say this but if you think the refs blew a call in a UvU game, a challenge wouldn't reverse it. There aren't "blown calls." Its the same as a bad call in a Cpu game that you challenge and the reds don't overturn.

Plus, challenging in User games just makes them longer and more painful to complete.

3) This is certaintly not true. Especially if you play on heisman or modified sliders.