Information NCAA: The Experience League Description

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    Founding History:
    With the birth of the EA's Online Dynasty back in 2008 came the generation of various web-based platforms for competitive and cooperative dynasty participation. One of those platforms was Archie Griffin's Old Fellas Football League (OFFL) which, at the time, consisted of two leagues. As the game evolved, so did the OFFL. Looking to take the next step in online gaming, the OFFL found another group that shared common goals. That group was Tradition Football, and in 2009 the OFFL became part of the growing TF community.
    With the merger, the OFFL (now 5 leagues strong) dedicated one league as their "premier" league, only for the most dedicated and simulation style players of the group at that time. Saturday's were meant for watching America's greatest sport, the rest of the week was for living it. Every game was a challenge, whether against the CPU or a rival user, as members tried to script the future of their respective teams. This exceptional league became the staple for the Online Dynasty, consisting of a strong core group who never strayed from their founding ideals. This league was The Experience.
    Commissioner's Promise:
    I will attempt to uphold the ideals The Experience has ran on since its creation. It is my idea to work fairly with everyone in hopes of constantly improving the league and keeping my members happy. But do remember, should something get out of control or a serious argument breaks out, I will put my foot down. I agree with a lot of JC's ideas and rules so many of them will be identical to his.
    League Expectations:
    Stability: The most important expectation the league has of any individual member is commitment. The goal of this dynasty is to establish a 12-member league that maintains the same 12 guys for years to come, creating a competitive and enjoyable gaming environment. Each member is expected to get to know each other, be active on the boards, create and contribute to discussion, and play their games in a timely fashion.

Accountability: Non-sim gameplay will not be tolerated. I'm generally more flexible than most in terms of what is and is not sim gameplay, but I don't want to see stat-whoring, 15 yard QB drop backs, excessive QB scrambling, etc. At this point, this should not be an issue with anyone in this dynasty, but if you have a question about yourself or someone else you've played it needs to be addressed privately with me or ask for help, everyone in this league is expected to help another in need of improving if able. I don't expect anyone to purposefully violate this rule, so lets just enjoy ourselves and not get worked up over a play here and there that we may not agree with. There is a difference between a genuine complaint and whining. Please do not star a war in the forums, it makes our league look bad and will only annoy other members.

Filing a Complaint: Should you have a complaint to submit to me I expect it to be professional and not bashing your opponent as that will not benefit you. If someone has a game-play issue, I would prefer video evidence (the more times I see it the more likely I will be to contact the offender). If there is an issue with respect, such as a rude XBL message, please get a picture or screenshot of it. This said, I know everyone in this league will get along great and I hope I never receive complaint about anyone. I have played the majority of you and have never had an issue.

Enjoyability: My primary concern is to establish a stable group of 12 guys that look forward to competing with each other now and for future releases. To accomplish this, its important that everyone looks forward to participating here and maintains that interest. I expect everyone to hold me to the same standard that I hold you, so let me know what I can do to make this league better as we progress and I will do my best to see it happen. To the older members I want to make it as though nothing has changed and for the newcomers I want this to immediately feel like home.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Setting/Sliders:

Difficulty: TBD
    Recruiting: Heisman
    Sliders: TBD
    Roster Set: TBD
    Quarter Length: 8 minutes

Rules:

• Three Strike Policy (beginning with NCAA '14):
      • If you miss 3 advances in a row without informing me, you will be removed.
      • If you miss half of the advances in one single season without informing me, you will be removed.
    • Restarts: If you experience a freeze in game please find some sort of way to provide proof the game has actually frozen (video proof is the best way). All of us probably have some sort of recording device. Once I determine if the restart is valid or not (video proof will show that) you may restart. DO NOT RESTART UNTIL YOU RECEIVE PERMISSION!
    • 2-Deep Redshirt Rule: You may not redshirt a player if his overall rating would make him 1st or 2nd on your depth chart. If the player is a JUCO and falls outside of this rule, they may receive a redshirt.
      • The exceptions here are at:
        • Kicker/Punter
        • Quarterback
        • Offensive Line
    • Mandatory Content: Game Summaries and Team Previews. Shoudn't be too hard.
    • Recruiting: You may only recruit to the 70 player cap, there will be NO cuts this year (unless the CPU walk-on issue is still around).
    • Scoring Cap: 65 Points
    • Playbooks: No restrictions at the current time.
    • Game Adjustments: Are allowed. Be smart with them. Risk is as good as reward when using these.
    • Playing the Pass/Run: These shouldn't be overused. Most of these are situation such as playing the pass on 3rd and long or playing the run in an And Goal situation. Remember that playing the run brings a huge risk, if you play middle and they run to the left, don't be surprised if your defense doesn't stop it.
    • Weekly Time Limit:
      • Advances are every 48 hours.
      • Exceptions will be done on an individual basis.
    • If a player is used in any way or fashion that is deemed an unfair advantage, the player may be subjected to a suspension that will be determined solely at my discretion.
    • Gameplay Complaints. PM me with the following.
      • Teams
      • Users Involved
      • Description of Complaint (AFTER you have calmed down. I would prefer not to have anyone venting in a legit complaint submission.)
      • Video Proof, one will do.
    • Players Leaving:
      • Any player 95+ OVR cannot be swayed.
      • Players transferring are allowed to be swayed.
      • Players that were starters, declaring for the draft, cannot be swayed.
        • The #1 and #2 positions for WR and CB are considered starters.
      • Backup players declaring for the draft may be swayed if they have no just cause being in the draft.
      • Major Award Winners cannot be swayed
    • O.1.0 - Going on 4th Down: We encourage straight play in this league, however, we do not want to limit players to the point where they cannot play aggressively. With that in mind, there will be a simple rule on 4th downs:
      • Whenever you are past the 50 yard line with 1 yard or less to go, you are permitted to for it on 4th down.
      • If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like.
      • If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter, you can go for it whenever you like.
    • O.2.0 - Motioning: Motioning by backs and receivers is allowed. If the defense audibles before your motion is complete you must wait for the defense to get reset before snapping the ball, when possible. Otherwise, you are free to snap the ball when the Motion man reaches their spot on the field and the motion is complete.
    • O.3.0 - Hurry Up Offense: All teams are allowed to run the "hurry up" offense in both two minute drill situations. Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to hurry up as often as they like. When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offsides penalties or taking advantage of defensive AI is not allowed.
    • O.3.A - The above rules do not apply to teams who use the "No Huddle" offense feature in the game. However, it should be noted that fast tempo offenses do not rush to the line and snap it. You must allow the opponents defense to come set. Also, it is unrealistic to rush to the line of scrimmage after incomplete passes or when a player runs out of bounds (or any other clock stoppage).
    • O.4.0 - Playclock: We're all here to play football. Keep in mind we play anywhere from 6-8 minute quarters here; not 15 like the NCAA. So please choose your plays as quickly as possible on offense and make every effort to do so before the play clock gets close to running out. We do realize, however, that certain situations in the game may require some extra time when choosing a play. You may run the game clock with under 3 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. Or if you're trying to prevent another possession before the half.
    Position Guidelines

Everyone should use the follow guidelines when changing a players position or when deciding what an Athlete should be. If you believe your player falls outside of the guidelines but is only good at that position, get ahold of me and we can work something out. Obviously players will progress and sometimes exceed these guidelines, that is acceptable. These are mostly for when you are making a Position change, if players come in at their natural position different than this, I am OK with that.

Please use the following:

QB: No Restrictions
    HB: No Restrictions
    FB:
    • Must not weigh under 230lbs
    • Speed must not be greater than 85
    WR: No Restrictions
    TE:
    • Must not weigh under 225lbs
    • Max Speed of 86
    OL: No Restrictions (All OL are interchangeable)
    DE:
    • Max Speed of 80
    DT:
    • Must not weigh under 265lbs
    OLB:
    • Must not weigh under 215lbs
    • Max Speed of 85
    MLB:
    • Must not weight under 225lbs
    • Max Speed of 85
    DB:
    • Safeties are interchangeable with other safeties, never with CB
    • Same rule with CB as with Safeties.
    K/P:
    • Kickers should not be Punters in the depth chart and vice versa

Scholarships
    The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate.
    B = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B = total number of available scholarships.

There will be the inevitable "walk-on" players during the off-season. We have decided as a group to cut these players as they were not actively recruited. These will be the only Cuts allowed.

Note: Any player that leaves early would free up a scholarship for the offseason. Example: You have 70 men on the roster. 18 Seniors. That would give you 18 scholarships, meaning after Graduation you would have 52 players (without recruits). Now let's say two underclassmen decide to go Pro and you are unable to sway them back. This drops your roster to 50 people/20 available scholarships.

Warning: Should you exceed the 70 player cap I will not be happy and would probably make you cut your best recruit plus the recruit that caused you to over sign. I'm not joking, we are all old enough to know how to keep track of our recruits.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  3. Masler

Masler Moderator

6/12 Update: Current Roster w/ teams.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

6/21 Update: New Rule.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  5. Masler

Masler Moderator

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Updated with restart policy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Masler

Masler Moderator

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Updated with Mandatory Content.

Allowed Game Planning and all Playbooks to be used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.