NCAA Tournament Discussion

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

NCAA Tournament Discussion

Looks like LSU's athleticism is going to be too much for Butler to handle. Hopefully the Bulldogs can pull off an unlikely comeback - 47 seconds to go down 5. That would be nice for my bracket.

Memphis starting to put some distance on CS-Northridge. Scary stuff!

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I went 2-1 in the first 3.

Picks for the next 4: UNI, UNC, UCONN, Maryland

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

UNI is gonna get squished. Purdue is getting healthy at the right time. They are going to be a really tough out.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Go Aggies! nice win today.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I also went 2-1, I had Butler over LSU. Memphis almost effed me bad.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah I had the same picks.

Don't sleep on UNI folks. Plus, Purdue is in the Big 10.

BTFU!

Oh, wait... I want them to LOSE! :p

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah memphis almost really screwed me as well.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm perfect so far. UNI madea heck of a game of it, though. I typically root for the Valley teams, but I just couldn't pick'em this time.

I picked Maryland, so I could get my first loss soon, but it's a coin flip at the moment.

AG

9. Bondzai

Butler is my only loss so far. I also have Maryland, I think they can pull it off.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I've lost 2 -- UNI and Butler. I TOLD you UNI didn't suck! Purdue just had a little bit more talent there at the end, it seemed like UNI's best guys were gassed.

Now, this game -- a semi-big one for me. I have Miss. State pulling the upset not once, but TWICE! Have them beating Washington and Purdue (UNI). This is going to be a great one!

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well I am getting killed, sort of. Damn you Miss St.! I picked NOVA as my national champion because I am biased, being a huge fan of theirs. I didn't enter any pools this year, but I am in the ESPN and Yahoo things with my 1 bracket.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm 6 for 8 right now. I had miss st beating washington but losing next round. Also picked Cal over maryland.

13. Bondzai

7 out of 8 right now. Villanova is on the verge of totally fucking me over though.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

VCU - 1 point down - 11 seconds left - with the ball.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is fun.

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

UCLA survives the scare. UCLA can make some games ugly and some how figure away to pull it out. They play good d. Gonzaga looked tough today.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I missed 2 on the day - VCU & Clemson

Both games bothered me, since, like I thought VCU and Clemson were both better than the teams that beat them. VCU turned it over like a bunch of freshmen, and Clemson just got freaked by the lights, I guess. They should have beaten Michigan by 15.

The 'Zags are my favorite team to root for. They play tough teams all year, they can run with anybody, and they have really good balance. I would have picked them over two of the #1 seeds. Too bad Carolina isn't either of them.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Everyone thought vcu would upset ucla and that's why I picked ucla over them in a few brackets. I got wku over Illinois too just because illinois didn't have their starting pg. I'm doing great but that usually means tomorrow is upset filled.

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

13 for 16 here.. had Cal, Clemson and Illinois. But had them all losing in round two.. so we will see how this goes. UCLA saved my bracket last night, i have them to the sweet 16

19. Bondzai

I went 14 out of 16. I lost on VCU and Butler. Western Kentucky almost choked and that would have sucked because I have them going to the sweet 16.

20. Thanks to Kansas,Dayton,Siena,UCLA, and LSU would really have been nice if you lost...
    I'd still have a shot at $1million. Oh well I have them all (the teams they were suppose to lose to) losing in the second round anyway.

The State of Ohio goes 3-2 in the first round, too bad my buckeyes went 0-1 :(

21. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Thanks Wake Forest for ruining all of the fun for me in March. I expected you to return to your early year form, and make a run to the national title game. thanks a lot.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

How does Boston College go from leading to losing like that??

How does Wake Forest LOSE? Their 3 "lottery" picks can choke on a dick.

I did pick Siena, though. I actually picked all of the Big 11 teams to lose (except Mich St.) in the first round due to the horrible league they play in, but obviously those decisions backfired. My bracket is in shambles, I guess its time to just enjoy the games? HA!

LET'S GO NOVA!

23. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I shoulda listened to the advice i gave myself before the tourney started...I'd lean more towards how teams are playing over the seedings

now Zona wasn't playing well coming in but they had a ton of tough losses and combined with their talent, I took them over Utah.

WF, they been struggling down teh stretch but I thought the talent would overcome. One thing I forgot is WF is relatively young and it showed...they got rattled and couldn't overcome. I did have WF going far in 1 bracket so that one is pretty much shot haha...but the others I only had them 16 bound.

How did Nova get a home game despite being a #3 seed????

I was never sold on BC...and again, they came in struggling...while USC won the conf title so they have been gelling well lately.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

NOVA got two home games due to being AWESOME.

Seriously though, it makes no sense. Yeah, the Wachovia Center is a nice building, but looking at where some other top teams had to travel, the logistics are iffy.

25. That's always the way to go unless the lower seeded team is absolutely over matched.

Did nobody else here have the Cleveland State Vikings?

Look I'm bias toward Ohio teams (I picked Akron, I know I know but the game was close for awhile) but CSU won the Horizon League tourney and Wake came stumbling in like a chicken with it's head cut off.
    Funny thing, that's how they played too.

Well go Flyers beat Louisville!