Announcement [NCAA] - TSO HELP WANTED - non-premier leagues

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Drifterbub, May 20, 2012.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    All,

Everyone who has been around for at least one launch cycle knows that this place will explode in July. The management team is working in the background to prepare for this rush of traffic, but we need some help. As new members flood the website we will struggle to have enough leagues to place them in. Last year was an anomoly with the problems associated with online dynasty. With the new features announced for NCAA '13, we expect there to be a flood of new members looking for leagues to join.

So, what we are looking for is a group of solid, dedicated members who could head up leagues as necessary. Ideally, anyone looking for a second league would look to head up a group of "newbies" and teach them the ropes. The expectation is to start a league with one or two vets who can lead and show people how we do what we do at TSO.

If you start one of these leagues, after some time you will be able to groom someone to take over for you. That's how The Redshirts got started, with RynoAid heading them up, and Pagamer07 took over and now that league has turned into a Premier-worthy league.

It is a tough challenge, but I know some of you are up to it. Any takers?

The following list is not in any particular order. I will contact you when you can open a league up. Do not do so before you receive communication from me. Also, do not ask. I will let you know.

XBOX

Darkwing
    Big Suge Knight
    Rynoaid
    killernuts
    NDColts1979
    bucs
    CTvoltfan
    DerekC

PS3

Nautica
    bamagrad
    NDColts1979
    Childplease9
    onaradio34

Helpers:
    CeeGee (PS3)
    steamboatreb (ps3)
    martywebb (xbox)
    danthraxxx (xbox)
    alwaysfly (xbox)
    NeuroticTruth (PS3)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

This is the first step in taking a leadership role here at TSO... if you think this is a place you would like to invest your time and efforts, this is where you start.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Drifter, i will take one.

4. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I'd love to commish a league.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am willing to commish a league on 360

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I know ChildPlease9 was interested in taking over a dynasty a while back. Hopefully he's still up for it

7. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I know that I am a new member but would love to help run a league for the ps3.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am available to run a ps3 league. I'm not in any NCAA leagues right now because there are no open spots, so this would work out great.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for volunteering. I'll keep you in mind in case there is a scenario where we run out of willing veterans.

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I can run one on ps3 or xbox

11. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The one I ran last year failed hard, so that was disappointing. :(

I'd be interested in giving it another shot and helping out if someone wants to run one together.

12. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I'm currently running 4th Horseman.... looks like we will have about 6 or 7 (including me) veterans returning for '13. We'll happily fill out the other half of our roster with new guys!

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    No worries, it's tougher than some people realize.

• Like Like x 3
  14. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'd be honored to help out, and despite the lack of posts, I've spent a considerable amount of time here over the last near 2 years. I'd love to see how my Relegation-Promotion League would run with REAL sim-style play. :D

Oh, and Xbox 360.

15. Alwaysfly

Alwaysfly Walk On

id help with someone. 360 also

16. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I Like the Opportunity to Throw my Hat in the Ring for either systems. Was the Former Commish for Gridiron Gladiators and I have run one Ncaa Non-Tf since the Ps2 days, & we're still going.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    How exactly does one manage to post 40 times a year?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I would love to help out if I wasnt so swamped with school , if I flunk out maybe I can offer :p

20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have mentioned previously to you guys that I am interested in running a short-term NCAA league. Maybe this fits what I'm looking for - running it for awhile then stepping down when someone is ready for a leadership role?

I'm not applying for any premier leagues so I think this is a good arena for me. Otherwise I'll look to join some other non-premier league, I suppose.

21. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I feel your pain brutha! We had an awesome first season, then had to restart and it fell hard. Whatever you do, don't restart!!! Barrell through it and make due.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Keller

Only because I want to devote my time to Madden.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm not interested in setting up the forums for a league that is guaranteed to run the maximum of a month. You guys can play ranked games since you won't have time to use anyone you recruit.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Keller

You didn't hear me correctly.

You said the idea here is have guys who have been around the site for a few releases help run leagues with the opportunity to allow some of the new members to step into a leadership role and take over said league. I'm saying that, that probably meshes with my idea of how long I'm planning on playing NCAA this year, that's all. I'm not saying I even deserve the opportunity just that I am offering to help - I am just trying to be realistic (unlike many others) with how much I plan on playing the game this year.

Additionally, I've never said I would only play NCAA for a month - you're making that assumption. Separate from this discussion, I do think running an NCAA league with a pre-defined shelf life has some merit. Would it be a month? No that's ridiculous, we're all in agreement there. My expectation was probably 6-8 seasons, if running at a fast pace. A lot of leagues don't even make it that far, so I don't see what the problem is with at least trying something like that - however, I do understand the other side of the coin as well, so no big deal.