ND 42- PITT 21- Wildest Game EVER!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Sep 17, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

ND 42- PITT 21- Wildest Game EVER!

So the Irish hosted the Panthers last night in a match-up of long time rivals. The high flying Irish offense came into this game having outscored their opponents heavily in the first half of all contests, but that trend was about to end quickly. Following three straight fumbles that were returned for touchdowns, the Pitt Panthers jumped out to a 21-0 lead that left the home crowd stunned. Coach Easy was not one of the silent, during one moment of deafening silence he could be heard screaming at his offense to "wake up". Following a stalled offensive drive that cultimated in a failed fourth and goal from the inch line the Notre Dame defense took the field for the first time in the game. Lead by Manti Te'o who finished with 15 total tackles, 10 tackles for a loss, and 5 sacks, the Irish held the Panthers to a three and out and set the tone for the rest of the afternoon. The Panthers would not score again in this contest, but the offense still faced an up hill battle. Wide receiver Michael Floyd was injured early in the second quarter and will reportedly miss up to 5 weeks. Despite this major setback the offense stuck to it's gameplan and pounded the football and mixed in some nice play action as well. Running back Armando Allen rushed the ball for 250 yards and a touchdown, while Dayne Crist added 276 yards passing. By the end of the first half it was 21-14 Pitt, but after the itermission it was all ND. The final would end up 42-21 and coach Easy was signing the praises of his teams resolve.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Carol, that's unbelievable shit, man. Good for you for coming back. It's hard not to try and get it all back with one play, which can often lead to an even uglier fate. My only complaint is this ... you make a valiant comeback and the BEST offensive video you can provide us with is a relatively uncontested 2-yard rushing TD!? C'mon, man, think of your viewers before making decisions like that! ;)

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I wanted to show the BS stuff that went against me so that took 3 plays. Then I wanted to show Manti Te'o wrecking the place. Other than that three of the touchdowns were to my fullback, one to my tail back and the other two were mundane tightend seams, or a slant or something. I guess I score rather boring.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I loved the fumble replays! I would have had to paused for an hour just to prevent myself from doing something stupid. Again, awesome comeback. Congrats.