ND game summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

ND game summaries

Purdue 30 - ND 23

Whatever the sliders are set at I just played the most ridiculous, unrealistic game I have ever played on here. Purdue beat me 30-23 at ND, Jimmy Clausen threw 7 INT's as guys came out of nowhere and caught every ball they touched, and I rushed 24 times for 17 yards as the small Purdue defensive lineman just tossed my much superior O-line to the side and consistently hit my RB's in the backfield. What a shame to start the year off on this sour note. There is no way the sliders are dialed in right as that was just whack.

2. Juggernautblitz

Coach Blitz is having second thoughts about his decision to leave Georgia Tech for Notre Dame. I brought my option attack, run first offense to a pass first offense and so far that looks like a big mistake. ND's running game does not appear to be very good and since I apparently can't pass, this could be a long year and ND may be a couple seasons away from contention.

3. Juggernautblitz

What a difference a week (and slider changes) makes. ND is back, game summary and updates logos to come.

4. Juggernautblitz

Week 2 - ND vs. Michigan
    Notre Dame comes out firing and QB Jimmy Clausen looks like a totally different player as he goes for close to 300 yards and a couple of TD's. ND rolls, can't remember the score.

Week 3 - ND vs. Michigan State
    Notre Dame, led by Jimmy Clausen and the running of Wood and Hughes, punish the Spartans and win big. ND climbing back up the charts.

Week 4 - ND vs. Stanford
    In a very important game for ND recruiting, the Irish trounce the Cardinal in a rivalry game, once again being led by the passing game. Clausen went over 300 yards again and Junior WR Michael Floyd had 160+ yards and a couple of TD's.

Better summaries to come.
    Next up - ND vs. Louisville

5. Juggernautblitz

Week 5 - Notre Dame at Louisville
    [​IMG]

Louisville, KY - Notre Dame caught some breaks in this one but played very solid themselves to secure a 35 - 12 victory over the Cardinals. The game started off with Louisville driving down the field on the ND defense but were stiffled by their own receivers drops and were held to a field goal. ND's offense looked sharp on their first drive with Jimmy Clausen hitting Michael Floyd on a 30 - 40 yard TD to put the Irish in the lead 7 - 3. After exchanging unsuccessful drives, ND punted to Louisville and the ND defender hammered the cutting back Cardinal returner, sending the ball flying. ND recovered and rumbled for another TD, 14 - 3. Louisville drove again for a field goal to make it 14 - 6 and ND finished off the 1st half with a 1 minute drill drive, capped by a fade to Michael Floyd in the corner of the endzone, ND up 21 - 6 at the half.
    The 2nd half was much of the same with Louisville receivers continuing to have trouble catching the ball, ND intercepting 1 or 2 passes, and Clausen looking sharp the whole way. Michael Floyd would add another TD to get player of the game honors with 126 yards and 3 TD's and Louisville returned the muffed punt for a TD favor to make the final score 35 - 12.
    ND was simply more talented than Louisville and it showed. There were way too many drops by the Cardinal receivers, especially their 6'9 guy, and the play of Jimmy Clausen was too much to overcome.

6. Juggernautblitz

Week 10 - #8 Notre Dame at #12 Penn State

Happy Valley - Notre Dame came out quick on offense and defense and put away the Nittany Lions early. It was 30 - 0 at halftime and the final score was ND 47 - PSU 13. Kyle Rudolph was the player of the game as he went over 100 yards with 3 TDs. The ND defense was stellar as well, picking off the PSU QB 4 times including 2 returned for TD's. Hopefully this win will propel ND to a top 5 ranking and set us up for a run at a championship berth.

ND 47 - Penn State 13

7. Juggernautblitz

Week 11 - ND at USC

Los Angeles, CA - What a game this was, one of the best in the ND - USC rivalry. USC's pass defense was dynamite, shutting down the ND passing attack but the ND run game, led by Cierra Wood, somewhat made up for the lack of passing O. Wood ran for over 100 yards I think, but it was a 2 yarder with 8 seconds remaining that really counted.
    With the benefit of a badly thrown pick 6 by Jimmy Clausen, USC got out to a 17 - 0 lead in the first half, and ND was watching their slim hopes for a BCS title game slip through their fingers. The Irish managed to score and stiffen on defense and go into halftime down 17 - 10. The one turnover of the game for ND came on a fumble on USC's first possession of the 2nd half. ND turned it into a TD so the game was tied at 17 - 17. ND was pumped after fighting back from a 17 - 0 hole but the Trojans wasted no time in scoring again, driving the field for a TD, but missed the extra point. 23 - 17. The rest of the 3rd quarter and first half of the 4th were dominated by the defenses with both teams punting often. With approximately 3 minutes to go, USC drove to the ND 15 yard line and lined up for what probably would have been the nail in the coffin field goal. The USC kicker missed wide left to breath life back into the Irish title hopes. ND took possession but were unable to move the ball against the stingy USC pass D and punted with 2 minutes to go. USC drove again to the ND 15 - 20 yard line and with about 45 seconds to go lined up for another game clinching field goal. The USC kicker missed AGAIN wide left, not even close this time. ND had been unable to move the ball at all the 2nd half and especially in the 4th quarter so I was not very confident in being able to drive for the winning score. Clause hit Kamara across the middle for 20 yards, time ticking down to 25, 24, 23... Clausen hurried the team to the line and snapped the ball, dropped back and let go with a perfect pass down the sideline to a streaking Michael Floyd, who had dropped several long passes already in the game, but caught this one over the shoulder and was tackled at the 2 yard line. With no timeouts and time ticking under 10 seconds, ND hurried to the line in hopes of having one or two final plays. I thought I had called for the spike ball but when I snapped it Clausen handed off to Cierra Wood who was hit dead on at the line of scrimmage but fought off the tackle and fell into the end zone. ND converted the extra point to go ahead for the first time in the game and for the final of 24 - 23.
    Crazy game that I never should have had a chance to win as USC dominated me and their kicker had several chances to put the game away. The last 20 seconds were nuts as Clausen hit Floyd for 40 - 50 yards and then accidentally calling a run play at the 2 with no timeouts instead of spiking the ball. If Wood gets tackled I doubt I could have snapped the ball again before time ran out.
    ND still holding on by a thread to BCS title game hopes but probably needed a big win in the game vs. USC, not a last second squeeker.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Your RB's name is Cierra? Hmmm. Haha

9. Juggernautblitz

Notre Dame vs. Utah​

South Bend, IN - Not sure if it was the below freezing temperatures or what but there were a lot of dropped passes that kep the ND passing attack in check. Even with the drops and the inability to consistently move the ball, ND managed to score 38 and win convincingly 38 - 13 with several recruits in attendance.
    Next game vs. USF

10. Juggernautblitz

Quick recap of USF and ND tonight.

ND wins a tough game, 34 - 21. We were up 17 - 0 late in the 1st half and in position to add a field goal to be up 20 - 0 at half before a dumbass INT by me, ran back to about my 15, let USF cut it to 17 - 7 at the half. 2nd half was back and forth, USF cutting it to 17 - 14 before ND opened it up early in the 4th to make it 31 - 14.
    Final 34 - 21.
    Freshman RB Cierra Wood was the player of the game, going for 127 yards and 3 TDs in his best game of the year. ND defense played well, holding USF to 238 yards offense.

11. Juggernautblitz

Fed Ex Orange Bowl - #4 Notre Dame vs. #6 Georgia Tech​

Miami, FL - The game was not even that close. I was never in it, was down 33 - 7 at one point, as GT could do nothing wrong in any aspect of the game and ND couldn't catch, couldn't hold onto the ball, Clausen was inaccurate and every pass that touched a GT defender's hands was picked (well probably 7 of 10), threw 7 interceptions, fumbled 3 times, etc.. GT was in front of every slant and out route, was right with every deep route, sniffed out every screen or pass to the flats, etc.. It just seemed to me that the difficulty was cranked up about 5 notches and then when I got done I saw that Papa and JC had lost their CPU games also and though maybe things had been toughened up.
    ND ended up with a lot of yards because we were just trying to sling the ball around the yard for most of the 2nd half. What a disappointing end to the season and Clausen's college career.

Georgia Tech - 42
    Notre Dame - 20

12. Juggernautblitz

Week 2 - #9 Notre Dame vs. #12 Tennessee

Notre Dame, IN - On a rainy day in South Bend the Irish start the season off on the right note.
    Notre Dame received the opening kickoff at their own 45. The first play from scrimmage, RB Cierra Wood took the handoff and promptly fumbled the ball in the backfield after a big hit from the Tennessee defender. The ND defense however responded like they would nearly all game, stuffing Tennessee in their tracks and forcing a punt. The Irish would proceed to put together a TD drive to go up 7 - 0 and then intercept a Volunteer pass and put together another TD drive to go up 14 - 0. The lone bright spot for Tennessee came on their next drive when RB Bryce Brown found a hole to the outside and rumbled for 50 - 60 yards for a TD, 14 - 7.
    The rest of the game was all ND defense as we intercepted 4 Volunteer passes, recovered 1 or 2 fumbles, one of which came right after a Tennessee interception, and ND offense played well enough to convert a couple of drives and win the game.
    ND 31 - Tennessee 10

ND offense - 376 yards
    TN offense - 118 yards

ND played its finest defense game possibly ever, and held the Volunteers to around 60 yards of total offense, not counting the 1 big run by Bryce Brown. We did dominate but with all of the turnovers the score was probably more out of whack than how JC and I played. We are now 1 - 1 all time versus each other and I look forward to many more to come.

13. Juggernautblitz

Week 3 - Notre Dame vs. Michigan State

Notre Dame, IN - This game was all Irish from the get go. ND sophomore RB Cierra Wood gets player of the game honors with 214 yards rushing and 3 TD's on 29 carries as the ND offense controlled the clock, moved the ball up and down the field and the Irish D totally shuts down MSU. The only score for MSU came on a kickoff return for a TD.
    Notre Dame totally dominates the rivalry game with MSU to take home the Megaphone.
    ND - 44
    MSU - 7

Total yards of Offense
    Notre Dame - 485
    Michigan State - 100

14. Juggernautblitz

Week 4 - Notre Dame at Florida State

Notre Dame got punched in the mouth in this game. Hova played a very balanced offense with lots of slants and outside and inside runs and I was absolutely unable to get him off the field. I am usually able to slow down any user O and stop many user O's but for some reason in this game I was totally inept on D. I also gave up a kick return for a TD that tied the game right before halftime.
    On O I was able to run the ball very effectively but an untimely pick 6 INT and a fumble or two turned the tide in the 2nd half. I look forward to a rematch in South Bend next year hopefully.

Final Score
    FSU - 49
    ND - 35

15. Juggernautblitz

Week 5 - Notre Dame at Pitt

Very disappointing game for ND but we still got the victory. Dane Crist throws 5 picks, fumbles twice, we have 2 RB's injured in the game, Pitt gets 17 points off ND turnovers, but the ND defense played well overall and we leave Pittsburgh with a win.
    ND - 35
    Pitt - 23

16. Juggernautblitz

Week 7 - #13 Notre Dame vs. #3 USC

South Bend, IN
    This was what playing this game should be all about in some ways and in other ways it was very frustrating. The gameplay in this one was great as it was a back and forth battle that was very realistic in the way it felt. Maybe some guys know little tricks to beat the CPU by 50 points every time or whatever but I don't and don't want to know how because games like this are flat out fun and challenging. I had to be very careful with the ball in this one, play stingy D and I managed to pound the rock and stop USC on some key drives to win 38 - 24 in a very good game.
    The bad? Star RB Cierra Wood was injured for 7 weeks on the first play of the game and starting QB Dayne Crist had his season ended early in the 2nd quarter (out 10 weeks) with torn rib cartlidge. Without Cierra Wood running and Crist throwing I thought I was screwed but the D really played well and the game MVP honors went to backup RB Jonas Gray who filled in to the tune of 134 yards and 4 TDs!
    This should move me back into the top 10 but the loss of Wood and Crist probably doomed my season and will have my remaining user games very difficult to win.

17. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Ouch, those injuries hurt! I think there could be a chance that Crist will be back for a bowl game. I think Bowl Week 2 is 10 weeks away (Week 8-15, Conf Champ, Bowl Week 1), so don't count him out yet!

18. Juggernautblitz

I'll be lucky to make it to the 2nd week of bowls since I have 2 user games still to go and no doubt these injuries just made Brave and Beazus's jobs a lot easier in defeating the Irish.

19. Juggernautblitz

Week 13 (I think) ND vs. Standford

Notre Dame - 20
    Stanford - 17

Great game to play in. ND obviously missing starting QB Dane Crist and top RB Cierra Wood as backup QB Shelton Joseph threw 2 early INT's and the Irish O was somewhat silent all game. Backup RB Jonas Gray did get off for 100+ yards and 2 TD's (1 receiving and 1 rushing) but that was about it for the O. The D played decent but did give up a couple of sustained drives led by Stanford QB Andrew Luck.
    Stanford actually went ahead in this game 17 - 13 with about 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. ND was able to put together their best drive of the game and retake the lead at 20 - 17 with about 2 minutes left in the game. Stanford drove back down into ND territory and missed a 40 yard field goal with a minute left. ND was able to run out the clock from there.