ND, MSU Game WTF!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Nautica, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ND, MSU Game WTF!

Now I am a Notre Dame fan and Saturday's game against MSU was a good one, I am just pissed that they wouldn't even review weather or not MSU got the ball snapped before the play clock hit 0. I have a DVR and rewound that multiple times and they absolutely did not get the ball off in time. I have not seen or heard anything about it until ESPN just posted an article here is what it said:

WTF is this, that was not a effing game of NCAA 11 played online, it was a real life football game. A rule is a rule and should be enforced the way it is intended to be. Granted that ND's Defense sucks major (expletive deleted), and they shouldn't have allowed themselves to be in that position for the second straight week, but com on the fans deserve a little bit better explanation than referring to it like it was a damn video game.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that they already have said it was well within the acceptable "lag time" between when a ref see's the playclock is actually zero and then looks down to see whats going on in the play to blow it dead. Apparently the ball was snapped within the lag time and thus, no call.

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

That play call was crazy GUTSY and BRILLIANT to win the game tho...

i along with at least 11 ND players for sure DIDNT see that coming..

im more concerned with the coaches heart attack he suffered afterwards smh.. hope he pulls out okay

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Well yeah, That was apparent within the story printed my ESPN. I just don't get how given the situation, they wouldn't review it. Kelly even asked his asst. coach if they gave word on whether or not they were gonna review it. It should have been reviewed.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ND thought it was coming, if you watch the replay, 2 of the nd players that were supposed to be covering down field ran into each other and fell down.

It was a gutsy play though, still pissed about the non review on the clock running out. That would have been called 100 other times, it was kinda BS.

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

That is the way it is handled. The back judge watches the clock. When it hits zero, he checks to see if the ball was snapped. If it was snapped, assumption is that it was snapped in the allowed time. Happens all the time, NFL and college. Only delay of game if he looks back down and ball is not snapped. No review needed. Notice when delay of game flags get thrown, it isn't until like 2-3 seconds after clock expires?

Mike