ND @ Rutgers Update

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Dec 20, 2009.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

ND @ Rutgers Update

Early 2nd qtr, Rutgers 13 ND 0.

ND stopped Rutgers with a 3 & out on the first possession but muffed the punt and since then Rutgers has dominated. Dayne Crist is out 4 weeks with a torn pectoral.

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Nate Montana's 1st pass intercepted, Rutgers scores on 22 yard pass, 20-0.

3. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Wow, the injuries are really the story of 2010!

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

ND was able to get a FG on the next drive, and then forced a fumble on the 50. TD with 14 seconds left, 20-10 Rutgers at the half.

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

ND takes the ball first in the 2nd half and scores in 3 plays to make the score 20-17. Defense gets a stop, and with the offense driving, Nate Montana throws his 2nd pick, which is returned for a TD. 27-17 Rutgers, 3 mins left in the 3rd.

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

2 punts by ND and Rutgers, ND drives inside the Rutgers 15 and a huge hit forces a fumble. Rutgers ball, 27-17, beginning of 4th.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Very next play, senior CB Robert Blanton (it's a joke he isn't leading for the Thorpe), picks of the pass and scores to make it 27-24.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Damn, that's intense. I love these tough CPU games now.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Rutgers scores on a 65 yard TD pass. Montana hits TE Mike Ragone for a 70 yard pass, but he gets tackled on the 3. Goalline stand by Rutgers and a big hit fumble on 4th down. Rutgers up 34-24, with the ball, 5 mins left.

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Rutgers 10 play 95 yard drive. 3 3rd down conversions and the TD on broken tackles. Another 1st down on a facemask penalty. 41-24, 3:30 left. Appears ND's championship run is at its end.

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

48-24 final

Losing Crist really hurt, but it was their running game that won this one. Their starting HB had 36 carries for 212 yards, with 11 broken tackles.

I like it, this should happen every once in a while. Hopefully we don't see a repeat next week in Blacksburg.

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Wow...That was crazy. Looks like there could be some serious shakeups this week in the TOP 5. Especially with GT or NEB losing plus the ND loss

13. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Wow!! Loved the play-by-play Dat...I totally expected to read about the Irish coming back and winning on a last second FG or TD drive.

Wow...

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Was their halfback Joe Martinek? I played Rutgers in season 3 in another league as Notre Dame and he killed me all game!

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Yes. I wish I could have saved all of his runs. They were absurd. If he wasn't breaking tackles, he was breaking ankles with jukes and spins. He was automatic on 3rd and 5 or less. He isn't even an impact player for them.

16. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Wow, looks like Rutgers showed up to play! After this and the Nebraska-GT game, I wonder what the top 5 will look like.

EDIT: I fail, just saw the whole thread about the top 10 :p

17. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! That's shocking! Do you regret going with Montana instead of Archie? I know you said earlier that you would consider playing Archie if Crist went down. Man! If I were still there, I'd have a real shot at a NC now with ND and GT/Neb losing. Too bad my guys couldn't win without me! I too kept expecting ND to pull it off in the end.

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Honestly, I expected to pull it off in the end also. When I went down 20-0 I started to worry, but then when I got back to within 3, I half expected to end up winning by 20, because it's happened so many times before where I get a challenge for a half and then they stink in the 2nd half.

I thought about putting in Archie, but didn't for a couple reasons. First, Montana isn't terrible. Archie's ratings as a true freshman are only slightly better than Montana's as a redshirt junior. Plus I figured I'd only need to make it through this game and next, and I'd get Crist back. Just couldn't pull the redshirt for 2 games. If I could go back and you'd tell me Archie would have won the game, I'd do it in a second. But I don't think it would have mattered. My interceptions had more to do with 3rd and longs due to an inability to run the ball, sacks, and pressure (they jumped every snap). I also made a couple bad decisions.

I'd love it if these sliders gave me a game or two like this vs the CPU every year. It was much more fun than winning 56-14. Although I blew the clear path to the NC game, so that hurts.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The CPU is definately a challenge.

I have had two games in a row where I gave up a 200 yard rusher in the first half and a 300 yard rusher for the game.

I have never had the CPU do any serious running against me.

20. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It'll be interesting to see how these sliders continue to play out. I still haven't had a big rusher against me, but I won't have another opportunity until next year to play with these sliders.

21. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

The CPU running back is def. a threat now...I thought it was a threat before but now it def. is. No doubt!