Ndcolts Contender/Pretender

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by NDCOLTS1979, Feb 19, 2012.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

NFC East

New York Giants-Contender

Currently in 1st place in the NFC East with a 2 game lead in the division. The Giants struggled out of the gate losing to Redskins and the Colts. They would reel off 3 straight wins and lose to the Falcons in dramatic fashion in a game they had control of the entire game till the 4th quarter implosion. They still are a team to beat but they will need to gain confidence to continue to move forward. Mays is finally getting his ground game going strong and he will really be needed down the stretch. Giants really have a tough schedule looking forward. Texans, Giants and the Boys at home and an always dangerous Cardinals team. They also travel to the Cowboys and the Rams. The 2 games against the Cowboys are going to be very huge in this division especially with such a difficult road to travel.

Dallas Cowboys- Contender

Currently tied for 2nd place in the division. They also have a tough road to travel but not quite as tough as the Giants. They have struggled thus far this year but you can never truly count them out of the race. Cade seems to be able to work magic each year and this year shouldnt be any different. They still face Bears, Rams, Colts and Giants at home. They travel to Giants and Titans so like the Giants the head to head going to mean alot in this race.

Washington Redskins-Pretender Cpu team talented but still not going anywhere

Philadelphia Eagles- Pretender Cpu team and to much Vick cheese fail

NFC North

Chicago Bears- Contender

Currently sitting at 5-1 and on top of the North by 2 games. Other than the constant injuries this team has played very well all year. Bears have a tough schedule coming up and if they can stay healthy this division will be theirs. They have the Pats, Panthers and Saints at home. They travel to Cowboys, Packers, Vikings and Falcons on the road. The key to their season will be the final division games.There is no way i see anyone other than the Bears winning the North and moving towards the playoffs.

Green Bay Packers- Contender

Currently sitting at 4-3 and in 2nd in the division. New coach has taken over what the cpu tried to accomplish. Cpu never could get the Packers in contention and they went and got them their lifelong fan to coach them and hope to bring them back to the spotlight. The Packers started out slow which is expected new coach new plays new feel. They still have alot to take and play still with a schedule thats far from easy. They travel to Vikings, Lions, Falcons and Jets. They will host Bears, Panther and Saints to finish out the year. Going to be a rough road but i predict them being a wild card team.

Minnesota Vikings- Pretender

Currently 3rd in the North with a record of 2-4. New HB FAIL as without AP they are barely averagin over 100 yds. AP is in Carolina tearing it up right now at 7.4ypc and Minnesota seems to be struggling this year. Only time will tell if the Vikings will be able to overcome the loss of AP or not but they have a tough road left this year and i think they miss the playoffs. Lucky for them they will be playing at home for most of the season that is left. They travel to Panther, Lions and Patriots. They host Packers, Falcons, Bears and Cardinals.

Detroit Lions-Pretender

In last place at a 1-5 record. Idk what to say about this team other than what was he thinking. There is to much of a love affair with offense in Detroit and the defense really lacks to ever become anything but a bottom feeder. Yet they let Stafford walk who is a better overall thrower and has a much better arm and deep accuracy. It makes little sense considering the beast of Calvin Johnson Jr is there and is probably one of the least coverable guys in the game. This team has imploded and i don't see them getting out of it anytime soon.

NFC South

Carolina Panthers- Contender

Currently sitting at 5-1 and the lead in the South. There is no doubt Cam has made his way into the elite but i think the addition of AP has added to Cam being much improved and in becoming one of the most talked about qbs in hk. With the #1 offense in the league its hard to not make them a contender but also a favorite for the Super Bowl. They will need to improve on defense alittle bit but with an offense like they have the defense just needs to make a couple stops. They have some games still to play but in no way should they not win the South this year. They have a rather easy road left to travel with Saints in suspension mode and they play them twice. They still have the Browns, Vikings, Bears and Falcons left to play but this division is the Panthers to lose.

Atlanta Falcons- Contender

Currently sitting at 5-2 and in 2nd place in the Division. When you have an Illini HB you can't go wrong and are definately a contender. Now with the love affair over this team without a doubt will be playoff bound. The suspension of the Saints makes this a 2 team race and there is no doubt the south will take and get 2 teams in. The true battle will be for who gets division. Will be exciting to watch this one play out. They have a nice mix left on home and road games but it may all come down to the matchup with the Panthers in week 14 cause another loss to them will be very hard to overcome to win the division.

New Orleans Saints- Pretender

Yes they are 4-2 and yes they have Freeman but the suspension of the coach and going to interim hc cpu will destroy the teams chances. This will make them a pretender and not even make the playoffs this season. To many tough opponents left for the cpu to keep this a playoff team. cpu will be saying "We are who we thought they are" rest of year.

Tampa Bay Bucs- Pretender

Cpu team not much really to say

NFC West

St. Louis Rams- Contender

Currently the only unbeaten team in hk through week 8. Sitting at 8-0 they pretty much have the division wrapped up with a 4 game lead already. They are the defending champs and looking to become back to back champs this season.Rams have the #1 defense in allowing under 10 points a game. Will probably be Rams/Panthers playing for the Super Bowl this year.

Arizona Cardinals- Contender

What yes i know wtf is this dude thinking right. Well first hear me out before the drug testing comes into affect. Their defense is playing well and of their 4 loses they have all been cause the offense was struggling. Diddy will figure out the offense before its over and has the defense to keep the games within reach. New qb this year and it will take time to figure out. The schedule left is one for the taking as well. They play 3 contenders in the Giants, Falcons and Broncos. They have pretenders in Vikings, Seahawks(2), 49ers(2) and the Eagles. This team could sneak into the wild card spot alls it takes is getting the offense figured out.

Seattle Seahawks- Pretender

Cpu team but could ruin someones season

San Fransisco 49ers- Pretender

They are truly struggling this season but with a new coach that is expected as well. The lost Willis 1st game of season and that would hurt anyone and it definately hurt this team as well. They maybe a team to watch out for next year but could come up and spoil a season or two for someone.

AFC East

New England Patriots- Contender

Currently in 1st place and with the way Boone has been playing it will be tough to knock them off. They are led by a tough defense and really have a tough schedule the rest of the way. 2 games left are against the Jets who everyone knows hates the Pats. Pats really need to get more production out of their offense but the defense is playing so well that there is no doubt their offense needs to just limit mistakes to keep winning. Their rushing game is almost non existent not even averaging 100yds a game. They will improve i am sure and will be in a big fight for the AFC North

New York Jets- Contender

Currently in 2nd place but have taken and acquired Matthew Stafford from the Lions. In probably one of the best moves the Jets could of made. They have been lacking the qb play and Stafford will give them that after time with the new team. He just has to get the comfort level with his new team. Jets offense has been near the top but lack a running game as does the Pats. They also have atop tier defense just like the Pats do. If one of these teams are going to take over the East they will need to somehow get a ground game to move forward with. They both have a rough schedule left but Jets are just alittle easier. The key to the division will be the head to head battles coming up

Buffalo Bills- Pretender

Cpu team that has made some noise but has faltered as of late. If this team was owned it probably would be a different story

Miami Dolphins- Pretender

Cpu with less talent

AFC North

Cleveland Browns- Contender

Currently sitting on top at 5-2 in the division. This team is really strong with a top 10 offense and defense. The only negative on this team could be the inconsistent play of the qb position. This team will be strong the rest of the way but they will be playing some tough teams down the stretch. With 2 games left with the Bengals this team is far from being in to big of a lead. It will come down to qb and the head to head with the Bengals.

Cincinnati Bengals- Contender

Currently sitting at 2-3-1 but they have their coach back and he came back with a storm. Beating the Panthers and bringing the life back to the Bengals. This teams stats are hard to talk about due to the cpu playing during the hiatus of the coach. This team will play strong from here on out and will contend for the division. They have both games against the Browns still but have a much easier schedule left than the Browns. This will be an interesting fight from this point on.

Baltimore Ravens- Pretender

Baltimore is sitting at 2-4 for the year and have one of the worst defenses in hk especially in yards allowed. They really have a tough schedule moving forward and just don't see them being able to build a run off this year. They really are still struggling at qb but this team has potential just not the year for a bad start.

Pittsburgh Steelers- Pretender

Pittsburg is still trying to figure out who they are as a team. This team will be strong in a year or so but right now they just have an identity crisis. New coach this year and Big Ben slow delivery have hurt the Steelers this year. Coach Pitt will figure things out in Pittsburgh there is no doubt but it just wont be in time to make a run this year.

AFC South per Zikry

Colts - Contender

While their owner wants to be seen as a pretender; having a hold of 1st place in the toughest division in HK halfway through the season deserves its recognition. As seen before, a strong defense and the ability to create takeaways can take you far (see the Titans last season). This team certainly does have the defensive pieces needed to make a run, and are 1st in yards allowed and 2nd in pass yards allowed. DRC has been a man possessed this year as his 7 INTs currently lead the league while Eric Lloyd is creating havoc in the middle with his 11 sacks putting him in a tie for the league lead as well. However, if this team is to really have a Cinderella season Anthony Anderson is going to have to limit his mistakes in the "big" games. Anderson was doing alright before his previous two weeks of 0 TDs and 8 INTs; including his 5 INT performance against the Browns, really put a dent in his bright start to the season. Everything is in place for the Colts to make a run not only at their first playoff appearance in HK history, but to make some serious noise; however, when the going gets tough will Anderson be able to rise to the occasion?

Texans - Contender

Sitting at 4-2 and a half game off the division lead, the Texans under new management have had a great season so far. However, their only win of note was their week 1 17-7 win over the Colts; with victories over a slumping Cowboys team and the CPU Jags and Skins not really raising any eyebrows. This was probably the toughest team to analyze, and they could quickly turn into "true" contenders based on their showing in the next 2 games against the Giants and Titans, but I need to see it before I believe the hype. The team does have an explosive offense that will always mean that they have a chance in any game but giving up almost 400 yards a game on defense something has to change before the Texans can really make noise in the tough AFC. Its a promising start for the Texans; which is why I labeled them as contenders; but I am not chugging down the kool-aid just yet.

Titans - Contender

When the going gets tough----well, you know. The Titans were in a must-win situation last week against the Texans and they delivered; creating chaos in the division as the top 3 now all have 2 losses each. The Titans lost to the Colts, who lost to the Texans, who lost to the Titans. Makes sense? You can never count the Titans out, and with their defense being 4th in points and rush yards, and 5th in total yards, they will always have a chance. The Titan's division chances will all depend on how they do on this upcoming 5 game stretch where they play the Jets, Texans, Colts, Jags and Browns. Jake Locker has been more erratic this year, with 5 of his 10 INTs coming in the team's two losses, including 4 against the Colts. If this team is to get back to the top they must take care of the ball on offense and allow the defense to do what they do without the pressure of having to face a short field.

Jags - Pretender

CPU whipping boys in this division. The team has some decent pieces in place but with no owner they have no chance

AFC West

Denver Broncos- Contender

In a log jam at the top is the Denver Broncos. Who are led by rookie qb Evans who is having a pretty good season. Along with Moreno this offense is pretty strong. TE Pettigrew is dominating the receiving core by 10receptions and is having a really good year so far. The main problem for the Broncos is their defense. Its the 22nd ranked scoring defense in HK and really needs to improve on that if they want to continue to fight for the division and the playoffs. This team will be around till the end because of the offense will the defense step up? They don't have a real tough schedule looking ahead so they should be in pretty good shape.

San Diego Chargers- Contender

This team in middle of the pack offense and defense. They may not win big or blow teams out but they will stay in games. When you stay in a game anything can happen. At 4-3 the they average less points scored than they score. This will definately have to change but with a huge upset of the Jets last week the Chargers seem to be going in the right direction. The problem for them is someone stops the run game it looks to be lights out for the Chargers. Can they establish a passing game or not? that will be the question moving forward. They also have a weaker schedule moving forward so this looks to be a tight race till the end.

Oakland Raiders- Contender

Like the other 2 teams at the top the schedule is on the weak side. Raiders struggled out of the gate this year Losing the first 3 games of the season. They have won 4 straight and finally adjusted to not having McFadden in at hb. Terrelle Pryor is the qb the Raiders have seem to have gone to here lately and who they are probably going to settle on for the rest of the year. Defensively they have been absolutely horrible allowing 30 points per game. This is a much needed improvement cause you cant just go into a shootout each week it will bite you eventually. Rookie HB Frederick is averaging 5.3ypc and is having a decent rookie year. The raiders td to int ratio is not the greatest and the defense will need less turnovers from the offense moving forward.

Kansas City Chiefs- Pretender

While this is obvious at 0-6 this team has the ability to go out and break some hearts here towards the end. They play 8 games with teams fighting for the division and the playoffs. They have yet to play a division game which is kinda on the odd side. So the Chiefs can really spoil his division foes playoff chances and break some hearts. There has been no offense in KC averaging 9.8ppg and they will need to change. Chiefs are looking at the spoiler role this season

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Like it already, this has a lot of promise!

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Awesome new piece ND

4. NDCOLTS1979

NFC has been finished AFC later tonight

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Weak, thread makes me sick now.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

NDCOLTS1979

you goin to get someone else to do our division? :p

7. NDCOLTS1979

Go ahead you can as i know Colts are a pretender

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

9. KnightNoles

nah, I'll pass I want to see an outside write up on our division but I'm sure you will do a great job also

10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Good stuff brother.

11. KnightNoles

Zikry

great job man!

• Like Like x 1
  12. NDCOLTS1979

All divisions are finished. Now everyone can agree with me or disagree

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great job ND!

14. NDCOLTS1979

Thanks figured try something different

15. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

nd i like this but my team is more non tender lol

16. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I considered myself more of a pretender since I hadn't had any real notable wins despite having a good record. But after beating the Bears, maybe I can be a contender.