Nebraska 30 - LSU 23????

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Oct 4, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Nebraska 30 - LSU 23????

I could've sworn that I saw that LSU beat Nebraska pretty handily. Was that not correct? If it is correct, our current dynasty looks like it got bugged because it shows Neb 30 - LSU 23.

2. jello1717

I just read the LSU/NEB scheduling thread and it appears to back up my recollection that LSU really won that game.

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yep, I just posted a new thread right when you did...It's an error.

4. jello1717

This blows! My understanding is that the only way to fix it is to resim this week which requires a saved file from offline (hopefully AG has one) to be simmed until all teams that really won win again, and ideally all major injuries that did/did not happen match up as well. The part that really blows is that after AG does this grunt work, all game stats/player stats will be redone. Forcier just had a career day for me in the loss (in several categories) and now he'll lose those stats. As long as none of my guys gets injured in the sim, I'll cool(ish) with that though.

5. jello1717

WOW!

I'm checking the injuries now, and FSU's HB Jermaine Thomas was injured this week and is Out for the season! Looks like Amp is going to get sooooo lucky!

Other injuries from week 2:
    Team Player POS Duration
    FSU J. Thomas HB Season
    FSU T. Easterling WR 2 weeks
    GT W. Wilcox TE Probable*
    ND D. Walker WR 1 week*

*Couldn't find stats on these guys in week 2's game so they might've been injured in week 1.

Once we resim the season, should we just give these guys a reprieve or should we have them benched for the duration that the injuries should've been? The main thing for me is that I just want to make sure that no new injuries occur during the simmed games (especially to my guys!).

6. jello1717

And this is completely off topic, but.....

With as much fun as the user games are (this week I had 3, I lost 1 by 7, another by 8, and won 1 by 2) and with as much fun as it can be to recruit against people who actually know how to recruit (unlike the CPU), things like
    • Taking a week to get through offseason progression
    • Playing my game quickly then having to wait 3 days to play again
    • Having to redo parts of the offseason over, and over, and over....
    • Taking 24 hours to be able to play an (admittedly fun) user game because we both have ridiculous issues connecting to the OD
    • Playing a game only to have it disconnect us during it and having to start the same damned game over again
    • Taking for-freakin'-ever just to be able to get into an OD to do anything
    • Playing a great game against a user only to have it erased and then simmed (almost certainly with very different stats than what I got on my own) because another game got bugged
    • Missing out on an entire week of offseason recruit (and thus missing out on any shot at the new :5stars: guys because of an effin' bug
    • etc, etc, etc
    /whew!
    are really making me miss my days of only playing offline dynasties!

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You can turn injuries off when you are going through a sim..

just an FYI

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yep, LSU beat Nebraska.

I also had a QB commitment in week 2. Ryan Alford.

9. jello1717

Hmmmmmm. So, if it does in fact work the way that I said, I don't see how we'd do our recruiting. In order for us to do recruiting in week 2, would it have to work like this?
    1. AG gets a saved file after week1
    2. AG turns off injuries offline
    3. AG hosts the new, injury free OD at the beginning of week 2
    4. Winners of user v. user games get to play their games against the CPU
    5. FSU makes sure that he loses his game against the CPU
    6. Everyone else who needs to play again (who all won their games) plays the CPU and makes sure that they win
    7. If anyone is getting an outcome that isn't correct (IE. FSU is winning or anyone else is losing) they can quit the game and start over
    8. AG turns injuries back on and advances to week 3
    Is that mess really the only way to get the results we need while still being able to recruit?

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

OMG, crap like this sucks EA ass...

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If we have to start over I would like to atleast be able to have the same advantage as everyone else and log on and look at peoples week 2 recruiting strategy.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I can't put into words just how annoying this is becoming. I feel an EA boycott coming on.

Someone please tell me there's some kind of solution to this that doesn't require resets and sims.

Keep in mind that if I sim offline and re-host, recruiting for the week, for everyone but me, at least, will be simmed also. I got jobbed in the off-season by this - I don't want to turn around and do it to someone else.

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

WOW..This stuff is getting really old. I had a crazy game against Virginia Tech in week 3 to. I was up 34-7 going into the Fourth....Tech scores 30 in the 4th and I score 24? Nesbitt had an 18 yard run and tried pitching to ALLEN. ALLen dropped the pitch and the play was ruled " INCOMPLETE PASS". I decided to punt on that play.....These hairline crazy plays are getting old

14. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

What a mess.

Wildcatter and Bruce, either of you remember anything unusual happening when you finished your game? Either of you lose a connection or anything like that? I'm guessing it's just some kind of "behind the scenes" glitch, but thought I'd ask the question anyway in case we can learn something from it.

I have no idea what the solution is. Bad timing for us coming off of last week. My sentiments echo AG's. Hopefully rare problems and we just got unlucky 2 weeks in a row....

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Sort of off topic (I think), but I'm curious about your game and I don't follow your post (other than the "incomplete" pitch - I get that, it actually happened in a user game I played last season). But what happened in the fourth?

16. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Nothing unusual on my end. I logged out of the game first and reported the results. Then the results showed up on the dynasty headquarters.

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yeah, I was rambling and alittle to many beers. I finished my game tonight against VT and the 4th quarter saw an explosion. VT had 2 on side kick recovers and lit me up for 30 some odd points in the 4th alone. It was a pissed off writeup..sorry

As for the pitch, it happend in OUR game last year. Thats when I shot you a message asking WTF had happend. Well, it did it again today.

My jaw dropped when I saw AMP lost his big work horse at HB!!!

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

There was nothing in the dynasty HQ that suggested that we might have an issue. Looked like it always does at the end of a week. I didn't see anything that would make me think one of the guys screwed up.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Man this sucks...any chance we advance and it rights itself?

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Not an expert but ..... NO.

21. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Wishful thinking...I'm thinking there's no way that would happen. Maybe someone can take it offline just to make sure.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can AG reset that game online, take it offline, sim it, then rehost?

23. jello1717

I haven't read too much about this since it hasn't happened in the past, but from what I've seen on OS, it seems to have to do with saved files. I don't think anyone knows in much detail what it is about the saved files but there just seems to be anecdotal evidence that if noone saves the file, this stuff doesn't happen.

If it is about saved files, I'm not sure what the deal is.
    • Was it screwed up because AG saved the file and it could've happened to anyone's game?
    • Was it screwed up because Wildcatter or Bruce saved their file and that's why their game was screwed up?
    • Was it screwed up because any of the other 9 of us saved the file and it just randomly hit LSU and Nebraska?
    If it is because of saved files, it certainly is random as I'm sure at least some of us have saved the dynasty file all through last season and this never happened before. Also, this never happened in the Mid Majors and I'm sure people must be saving the files there too.

I think that noone knows why this happens (and it certainly doesn't only happen to the E-League as there are threads about this same exact problem on OS) and we, the consumers, are just guessing as to what the problems are.

I mean, come on! Who ever would've guessed that most of the user v. user disconnects were caused by 1 or more of the users entering practice mode before the game? EA was able to figure that one out (and I seriously doubt that the users would've figured it out) but they haven't been able to figure this one out.

24. jello1717

Also, I wouldn't bother playing any week 3 games or doing any week 3 recruiting as I'd bet the only possible fixes would involve resetting week 2 so you're just wasting your time with week 3.

25. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I never save my file...ever. We won the game by three tds I think.

I sincerely hope there is a way we can go back and fix it, if not that ruins alot of stuff for me right outta the gate. My season, my recruiting class..maybe kills it for me.

We have a legit shot at the BCS game this season...with that win. Without it we are done.

I had recruits in for that game, a huge win and a couple of them Nebraska and I are head to head on.

Curious what the plan is.