Nebraska Cornhuskers 2011: GBR!

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by makinpropel, Jul 4, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

moneyliesey
    Kasper
    Erik the Red
    Wushock23
    @Any other Nebraska Fan

Here is a place we can all talk some Husker football, instead of the roster spot.

[​IMG]

2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Your guys' thoughts on our chances of us getting Bubba Starling?

4. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I don't know? millions of dollars is a lot to turn down right now, but haven't players done the minor-league baseball/college football thing before? I thought I saw where dennis dixon played for the cubs or something when he was at oregon?? I don't know, it would be nice to have him.

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

A Michigan player did that a while back. Played with Tom Brady. His last name was Hensen I believe. Ok. State's QB did that as well I think.

I bet he goes to baseball, and we never see him on the field, because he will excell in it.

6. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I would say its pretty slim.

7. Wushock23

Wushock23 Walk On

yea I agree, especially being drafted by his favorite and his hometown team.

8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I'm another Husker fan. Go ahead and add my name to the first post. :D GBR!

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This, although I really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really want him to come and play some football for us.

Kid would be hella dangerous in our offense- plus hopefully he could help out the baseball team.

10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Exactly. Honestly, the B1G Ten is a joke at baseball. We pick up Starling, and he can probably almost single handidly get us in the top 3 of that conference first year.

11. Wushock23

Wushock23 Walk On

I do think we will be ok at QB without him, Taylor Martinez still has 3 years left, and as long as he improves he will be dangerous. The only thing imo that stopped him last year was his ankle injury.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

One thing we do have going for us though is That Erstadt is the new coach. nothing could help him more than getting a few seasons under the guidance of a former gold glove/all-star. just saying. plus if he played football he could end up being a straight up beast and future high pro pick.

13. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Looking forward to September 10th, Go Dogs! (y)

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Didn't Erstadt also play football? That would tell me that he wouldn't be opposed to the player playing both sports.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thoughts on the defense this year? Potential all american for us at every level of this defense!

16. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I think Crick bounces back from last season, because last year he was just getting used to the new double teams. I hope Lavonte David can hold up in the bigger, stronger Big 10. And Dennard will be shutdown. I hope Carl Pelini can adjuct quickly to now being the sole signal caller on defense.

17. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I had read where David put on some muscle so he will be fast and bigger. scary idea

18. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

So far too, David, Crick and Dennard are all expected to be all-big10 and all-american in many sources. I think a sleeper is going to be Eric Martin and possible P.J. Smith who I think will take over at strong safety. He is a stud who needs a tad bit more motivation.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm excited for Osborne to get in at Safety- has some great size and that hit he put on Gabbert (I think) was vicious.

20. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

ya the Fumble (oh wait ref had no clue), Pierre Allen into the endzone hit. ya that was sweet. I hope we have an army of DB's again so we can run teh peso because it really is a great defensive scheme when you have the right personel. If the offense can restrain from turning the ball over so much then our D will be fine. they got put in some horrible situtions last year and had to take the field after little rest either by Turn overs or quick scores (I can live with those I guess).

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm not expecting the secondary to be as deep as last year, we were pretty blessed with Gomes, Hagg, PJ, Prince, Fonzie, Ricky, and I'm sure someone I'm missing.

22. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

we have some real good talent this season though we got Dennard, we have Smith, Osborne. don't forget evans and who knows? maybe anthony blue might even make it through a season in the defensive backfield. I like the thought of having 2 linebackers on the field in front of 5 db's

23. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I definitely think Eric Martin will get some serious playing time, and will play very well this season. He's got that motor that all coaches like

24. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself